All Rounders do not exist.

Khota

10 hours ago, putrevus said:

How is Bhuvi inferior as a package to Pandya in SENA countries??? You know for sure you will get a honest effort from bat. He will do damage with new ball.He scored nearly same runs in two tests vs what Pandya scored in three tests.Bowling it is not even close.So what are we gaining from playing a deadweight like Pandya in tests.

If Bhuvi had played over Pandya in England India would have won the series.

obviously Bhuvi is far better than Pandya with the ball in swinging conditions. what disappointed me about pandya was his batting, after the beginning of the SA series.

John Douglas, who captained England in 18 of his 23 Tests between 1911-12 and 1928-29. He was rather a defensive batsman, and his initials (JWHT) were said to stand for "Johnny Won't Hit Today". At the 1908 Olympic Games, in London, Douglas won the middleweight boxing gold medal. He also played soccer for England at amateur level.

But then he never held the record for the Iron man marathon. So yea, not an all rounder. 

9 hours ago, Clarke said:

John Douglas, who captained England in 18 of his 23 Tests between 1911-12 and 1928-29. He was rather a defensive batsman, and his initials (JWHT) were said to stand for "Johnny Won't Hit Today". At the 1908 Olympic Games, in London, Douglas won the middleweight boxing gold medal. He also played soccer for England at amateur level.

But then he never held the record for the Iron man marathon. So yea, not an all rounder. 

I see desperation.

Post More.

4 hours ago, Clarke said:

On the contrary we find some of your bold statements funny. 

I only know of two athletes who have played two different competitive sports. One ruined his hip by over doing it and other was mediocre in the second sport.

Next time try harder.

11 minutes ago, Khota said:

I only know of two athletes who have played two different competitive sports. One ruined his hip by over doing it and other was mediocre in the second sport.

Next time try harder.

Hehe, so what's the new definition of all rounders ? Batsman+bowler or cricketer+another sport ? In your quest to make bold claims and stand by them, the goal posts keep changing. Not that they matter since such threads end up as jokes. 

I would recommend that u shouldn't try too hard.

On 12/3/2018 at 7:56 AM, Khota said:

Next time try harder.

plenty who were double internationals in sports. We had gopalan who played cricket and hockey. he went on cricket tour to eng in 1936 instead of playing hockey. would have won an olympic gold medal if he did the latter.

27 minutes ago, philcric said:

H Pandya

5/81 in a total of 465  

:two_thumbs_up:

12 minutes ago, zen said:

Pandya is being missed at Perth :nod:

India won the first game thanks to Pandya. Thanks for not being there.

Cricket like any other sport is highly specialized. There is no room for people who can do little bit of everything.

Taking wkts @ ranji level means nothing. Nada. Zilch. Cipher. Zero.