All Rounders do not exist.

Khota

5 minutes ago, Khota said:

How was his batting?

when u get 3-4 balls and u hve to hit straight away ull fail most days , their was nothing to judge 

If 3-4 balls is ur judgement criteria, well that shows now ur jst looking for something coz ur bowling question has failed and now u hve to find something . In that situation most wud have failed on most days . dont worry soon ull get answers regd his batting to 

Try a bit of humility when u proven wrong 

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

when u get 3-4 balls and u hve to hit straight away ull fail most days , their was nothing to judge 

If 3-4 balls is ur judgement criteria, well that shows now ur jst looking for something coz ur bowling question has failed and now u hve to find something . In that situation most wud have failed on most days . dont worry soon ull get answers regd his batting to 

Try a bit of humility when u proven wrong 

I am humble as they come. You fail to understand his batting is not needed and his bowling is sub par. 

10 minutes ago, Khota said:

I am humble as they come. You fail to understand his batting is not needed and his bowling is sub par. 

Now ur jst being stubborn 

his batting was needed in his debut game only so was hardik in Ct final 

His bowling came to help today so was hardik in england if he was playing 

hows is it subpar bowling , he today got the achievement of best stats by a spinner in t20 in australia how is that sub par

batting at 7 is needed that why teams have someone at 7 who can bat n most importantly hit ....look around world cricket, IPL infact even in Past 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

hows is it subpar bowling , he today got the achievement of best stats by a spinner in t20 in australia how is that sub par

batting at 7 is needed that why teams have someone at 7 who can bat n most importantly hit ....look around world cricket, IPL infact even in Past 

Explain to me plainly how his batting was needed in the Aus series.

20 minutes ago, Khota said:

Explain to me plainly how his batting was needed in the Aus series.

So every game will be like how it happened in Australia ...thats never happens and never works out 

are u going to get same tracks and avg bowling all around the world 

Ur telling me a collapse cnt happen......

dnt go far away his batting came to need in last series also, so many times hardik batting was needed

dnt see what u wanna see, no captain picks a team like that on a sample size of 2 innings of batting 

No one

Come on , come with some smart logic. Ab to baal ki khaal wala time aa gya 

he failed in one innings were he got 2-3 balls.....ru series

he bowled well in 2nd t20 but he stats were worse among all our bowlers....really

his batting is not needed coz in 2 games it was required.....2 games :facepalm:

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Taking wickets of Maxwell, short, Carey and McDermott

I'll take more outliers like this with subpar bowling every game :agree:

12 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Flintoff? Shakib?

As I said above Shakib and Holder are probably the best “cricketers” in their country coming from a struggling cricketing nation. India is not.

Flintoff was a bowling allrounder. People think Harmison or Anderson but at his peak Flintoff was the spearhead. 

It all depends on team needs, Indian T20 team needs bowling all rounders rather than batting ones like Krunal.He will have to bowl his 4 overs every match he plays and batting he might not get more than 10 balls .So unless he makes it to team as a bowler he will not be there for long in this team.

Hardik in tests is a totally different story. Indian test team need batting allrounders sadly Hardik does not fit that bill.So in essense both brothers are misfits to their team needs.

Edited by putrevus
16 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Flintoff? Shakib?

Going by their stats, both average over 30 with teh ball and under 40 with the bat.

I guess you can say they were equally competent with both fields, but they were not world beaters with either, at least based off record

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

Hardik in tests is a totally different story. Indian test team need batting allrounders sadly Hardik does not fit that bill.So in essense both brothers are misfits to their team needs.

but do we have batting all rounders option- No may be 1 but we need 2-3 part timers to get 10-15 overs.....

So hardik comes into picture and he hasnt done bad at all 

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

It all depends on team needs, Indian T20 team needs bowling all rounders rather than batting ones like Krunal.He will have to bowl his 4 overs every match he plays and batting he might not get more than 10 balls .So unless he makes it to team as a bowler he will not be there for long in this team.

they both can play as all-rounders for our team as 5th and 6th bowlers and lower order power hitters and that is the need for t20

Depending on condition

Subcontinet- krunal becomes 5th , hardik 6th bowling option

overseas - hardik 5th, krunal 6th 

they both make it easily to t20 team and they have given gr8 balance to MI like narine n russell does for KKR 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

but do we have batting all rounders option- No may be 1 but we need 2-3 part timers to get 10-15 overs.....

So hardik comes into picture and he hasnt done bad at all 

they both can play as all-rounders for our team as 5th and 6th bowlers and lower order power hitters and that is the need for t20

Depending on condition

Subcontinet- krunal becomes 5th , hardik 6th bowling option

overseas - hardik 5th, krunal 6th 

they both make it easily to t20 team and they have given gr8 balance to MI like narine n russell does for KKR 

You don't keep playing a player who is not good enough becuase you don't have any alternatives. Hardik falls into that category in tests.He is just not good enough in my view.

T20s there is case of playing both of them or none of them but Pant/Karthik needs to give way for Hardik.I really want Pant to keep playing as he is young and he is the future of Indian cricket. They are nowhere near either Russell or Narine.

For Pandya to become a regular in tests he needs to become much better bowler but he has not shown any improvement in my view.