Jump to content
G_B_

Krunal will be useless outside the subcontinent

Recommended Posts

It will be interesting to see how Virat reacts to this game.  His pattern as captain has been very consistent in terms of "backing" the players once picked.  By that logic, Krunal should not be axed just due to one bad game.  

 

BUT, Virat badly wants to win against Oz.  So much so that he let them get inside his head and affect his game in the home test series.  He might get desperate and go against his pattern.  Let's see what happens.  I expect to see Chahal back in the team at Krunal's expense.

Share this post


Link to post

Krunal is neither technically sound batsman nor a specialist spinner. No prizes for guessing. He still may be the one of the best option for the upcoming world cup. Kedar and Krunal should fight it out for the position. Lower order hitters are required and krunal can be handy. Pitches would be most probably batsmen friendly and even a hack can manage pretty well at 6-7 position.

Share this post


Link to post

Pandya needs an extended run, maybe 10 consecutive matches before we write him off, just to see if he can get his footing with teh ball

 

I am confident with his batting, he showed he can bat in the IPL which has similar tracks to whatever we will face in WT20. The bowling is what is the x-factor, whether he is a good bowlers against Indian domestic bats only or can also bowl against International quality bats as well.

 

When you replace a quality bowler like Chahal, you need to reach a high standard with the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Moochad said:

Pandya needs an extended run, maybe 10 consecutive matches before we write him off, just to see if he can get his footing with teh ball

 

I am confident with his batting, he showed he can bat in the IPL which has similar tracks to whatever we will face in WT20. The bowling is what is the x-factor, whether he is a good bowlers against Indian domestic bats only or can also bowl against International quality bats as well.

 

When you replace a quality bowler like Chahal, you need to reach a high standard with the ball.

I would have picked Chahal without any second thoughts if he was even at harbhajan level of batting. Someone who can smoke a few. Alas he is as good as bumrah.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Pollack said:

I would have picked Chahal without any second thoughts if he was even at harbhajan level of batting. Someone who can smoke a few. Alas he is as good as bumrah.

I agree 100%. Chahal's bowling is very underrated on this forum. We have 3 world class LOI bowlers in Bumrah, Kuldeep, Chahal but our problem is that they are all stiffs with the bat in these formats

Share this post


Link to post

 TPitches are big go with two specialist spinners, bumrah , bhuvi and krunal. Krunal is your fifth bowler not 3rd or 4th.

 

Too harsh on him . T20 requires at least 3 all-rounders in team. Sadly we are too short on that . 5 specialist bats , 3 all rounders and 3 specialist bowlers.

 

Sadly we have three/4 free loaders every match - 2 on batting and 2 on bowling. Difficult to recover .

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

It's one game bro. We gave 11 years for jadja to prove himself and he's still a hack with the bat.

Common man, Jadeja won you CT with his bowling , I don't know why people are so against Jadeja.You think Jadeja is worse than Pandya??? Mind you Pandya will not have much to do with bat.

Edited by putrevus

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Common man, Jadeja won you CT with his bowling , I don't know why people are so against Jadeja.You think Jadeja is worse than Pandya??? Mind you Pandya will not have much to do with bat.

Taking into account our middle order right now, I reckon he will have plenty of chances to bat.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Taking into account our middle order right now, I reckon he will have plenty of chances to bat.

I don't think so, in T20s he will very rarely get any opportunity to bat more than 3 overs and if he bowls like he did today he will not have that many chance to showcase his batting this is not Mumbai Indians. 

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Moochad said:

I agree 100%. Chahal's bowling is very underrated on this forum. We have 3 world class LOI bowlers in Bumrah, Kuldeep, Chahal but our problem is that they are all stiffs with the bat in these formats

We need at least 2 bowling options in the top 7, ideally 3.  That would allow us to pick Bumrah, Kuldeep, Chahal, and another quality pacer as our 4 primary bowlers.  Jadhav and Hardik are serviceable, but not enough to make up that 5th bowler slot in ODIs.  Need one more.  

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

It's one game bro. We gave 11 years for jadja to prove himself and he's still a hack with the bat.

we won multiple championships with Jadeja. He was sensational in the 2013 champions trophy

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

we won multiple championships with Jadeja. He was sensational in the 2013 champions trophy

Apart from CT, what other championships have we won?

 

And he debuted in 2009. That CT happened in 2013. As I said before, I can count jadejas match winning performances in LOIs on one finger in 11 years. 

 

 

And you're writing off Pandya after one game? Come on now. At least try to be objective.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I don't think so, in T20s he will very rarely get any opportunity to bat more than 3 overs and if he bowls like he did today he will not have that many chance to showcase his batting this is not Mumbai Indians. 

This is not Mumbai Indians. That is why I reckon he'll get more chances to bat. :hysterical:

Share this post


Link to post

He should earn his place in the team as a batsman, because his darts are going to be useless more often than not especially overseas. Kohli is doing the same mistake with the Pandyas, that is treating them as fifth bowler. Their overs should be treated as bonus and they should play in team as lower order bats.

Share this post


Link to post

His bowling was always going to be mediocre.He just darts around like Pakistan 's Imad Wasim.Even In India better team will smash him in t20s..It was his batting which was taking point.

 

Still he needs to be given chances atleast till the younger one returns.One thing will be  clear after these t20s that we will get know how good he can be in ODIs if picked..We are better with Chahal and Kuldeep as far as WC is concerned.These ARs cost a better bowler like Chahal place and creates false sense of balanced team which is not there in reality.

Edited by Bigg Brother

Share this post


Link to post

So OP came to a conclusion based on just one match? What's up with these so-called-experts and their urge to bash our top T20 players. First it was with Rahul, then Pant and now Krunal? When was the last time we have won T20 World cup? We need a change in mindset or it will be a rinse-and-repeat in the next World cup, as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Common man, Jadeja won you CT with his bowling , I don't know why people are so against Jadeja.You think Jadeja is worse than Pandya??? Mind you Pandya will not have much to do with bat.

you think jadeja hasnt beem smacked, he has been smashed worse then jadeja

N in IPL krunal has been a better bowler then jaddu 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Cool down just a brainfade in last 10 balls of the match cost us , else it was in the pocket, won't jump into the "drop krunal asap"bandwagon

Krunal cant bowl the length he bowls in India,he was dropping short on these highways thinking it might grip

Share this post


Link to post

LAS bowling usually = danger if pitches don’t help spinners. You have to be able to bat well to come in if you are a LAS bowler. Therefore, likes of Jadeja, Axar, etc., are out of equation .... 

 

Krunal is handy as he can bat relatively well with his power hitting and ability to remain calm under pressure. As a 5th-6th bowler, Krunal will usually be targeted by other team. Ind would have to factor that. And there is no guarantee that another bowler would not have a bad day. Krunal will have to use such games as learning opportunities 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lannister said:

So OP came to a conclusion based on just one match? What's up with these so-called-experts and their urge to bash our top T20 players. First it was with Rahul, then Pant and now Krunal? When was the last time we have won T20 World cup? We need a change in mindset or it will be a rinse-and-repeat in the next World cup, as well. 

As per T20 stats, our side today plus Hardik and Chahal is our best available bet. However some people are in a rush to dismiss some players based on one rain curtailed match :giggle:

Aus were really lucky they won today.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, sandeep said:

You could well be right, but got to be fair. It's a bit knee-jerk to claim this after just one T20 game. More than a bit actually. 

It’s his bowling which is just dart as fast as you can with absolutely no thinking that is a concern.

 

Its different when a batsman is having a great day and connecting everything against a bowler who is trying every trick in the book and it is another thing if all the batsmaen all of them have to just stay in the crease and play him like a medium pacer and smack it right back.

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

It’s his bowling which is just dart as fast as you can with absolutely no thinking that is a concern.

 

Its different when a batsman is having a great day and connecting everything against a bowler who is trying every trick in the book and it is another thing if all the batsmaen all of them have to just stay in the crease and play him like a medium pacer and smack it right back.

yes He looks like poorer version of Yuvi who used pace variation like nobody's business. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

It’s his bowling which is just dart as fast as you can with absolutely no thinking that is a concern.

 

Its different when a batsman is having a great day and connecting everything against a bowler who is trying every trick in the book and it is another thing if all the batsmaen all of them have to just stay in the crease and play him like a medium pacer and smack it right back.

If Imad Wasim can have serviceable t20 bowling stats, there's no reason why this guy can't.  I'm not saying he's a quality bowler, or even a quality player.  But let's not rush to judgement off of one t20 spell on a typical Aussie road.  Keep in mind, the "hack" Dhawan bitch-slapped the Aussies at 200 SR in a T20 here.  

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, SK_IH said:

 

Aus were really lucky they won today.

Yep.  They batted first, got the DL benefit, 2 of our bowlers had absolute horror shows and they still got outscored by 10 runs in their own home.  They know it.  Their only hope is to keep putting up such roads for the next 2 T20s and even the ODIs - the minute there's even a bit of grip on the wicket, our spinners will rip them apart.  And our batting can handle whatever they can throw at us.  

 

No need to panic on this 'loss' by minus 10 runs.  

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Yuvi in his later years was a lot more than just a 'darter'.  Especially WC2011.  He was bowling quite cleverly with decent control.  

But his strength was pace variation. He got Younis Khan out with pace variation. That was the most crucial wicket when India was searching for wickets.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, putrevus said:

Common man, Jadeja won you CT with his bowling , I don't know why people are so against Jadeja.You think Jadeja is worse than Pandya??? Mind you Pandya will not have much to do with bat.

Jadeja did jack with his selfish batting. He can dart the ball a bit but that's about it. A proper bowler can do a better job than Jadeja.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Frustrated said:

Krunal should be replaced by Washington Sundar in the next t20 matches.  Sundar's batting would be handy down the order and I don't think he will get hammered for 60 runs off 4 overs.  

 

any one cane be smoked for runs in t20

Chahal was smoked for 64 runs in SA in 4 overs without a wkt

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

 

any one cane be smoked for runs in t20

Chahal was smoked for 64 runs in SA in 4 overs without a wkt

True.    But I feel it's wiser to replace krunal with sundar, who is a better bowler and can bat down the order too. Chahal is useless with the bat. So, playing him would be a big gamble. And there is no point continuing with krunal becz he is a darter who does not hv any variations. He will get smashed  9 out of 10 times on flat wickets and match would be lost there itself.    PS : Krunal can be used as 6th bowler and not 5th.

Edited by Frustrated

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

True.    But I feel it's wiser to replace krunal with sundar, who is a better bowler and can bat down the order too. Chahal is useless with the bat. So, playing him would be a big gamble. And there is no point continuing with krunal becz he is a darter who does not hv any variations. He will get smashed  9 out of 10 times on flat wickets and match would be lost there itself.    PS : Krunal can be used as 6th bowler and not 5th.

sundar is proper batsman and krunal a proper hitter in lower order u need a hitter

in terms of hitting Krunal is way ahead of sundar 

 

For me both needs to play as we need 6 bowler not 5, replacing krunal with sundar isnt solving anything as problem remains same that u hve 5 bowler and opp will target 1 of them and game over . Yesterday out of 5 3 bowlers went for runs

Look at the back up umesh yadav is leak machine, chahal n sundar can be smacked to ....

 

Going with only 5 bowler is the actual problem 

 

Yea krunal shud be 6th bowler as he is inexperienced right now , he is week as 5th bowler but as 6th he can be really good

Share this post


Link to post

It seems younger Indian players now have a honeymoon period of max 2-3 matches or in case of Krunal (and Khaleel) one match. Team loses, one bad performances, you get all sorts of names! From being Man of the match 2 matches back to be called totally useless - all in a span of 10-15 days!

 

Thankfully Team Management does not have such panic reactions (they have some other major issues though) and looks to be supporting both young players.

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

It seems younger Indian players now have a honeymoon period of max 2-3 matches or in case of Krunal (and Khaleel) one match. Team loses, one bad performances, you get all sorts of names! From being Man of the match 2 matches back to be called totally useless - all in a span of 10-15 days!

 

Thankfully Team Management does not have such panic reactions (they have some other major issues though) and looks to be supporting both young players.

The learning curve window for internationals is always small. Difference between a corporation and government job, a big company expects you to hit the ground straight away may be with a max of 1-2 weeks.

 

I still have hopes from Khaleel and Pant who are fine as they have a lot of right ingredients. However one lacks pace and the other temparament/patience. These are are 2 things that are very challenging to learn with a quick turnaround. That is the concern being highlighted.

 

As far as Krunal goes there is absolutely nothing in his bowling. For an allrounder his bowling looks worse than Jadhav’s who was a batsman who just started bowling. There is hope for his batting though and he has to be really good at that to justify his spot.

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

The learning curve window for internationals is always small. Difference between a corporation and government job, a big company expects you to hit the ground straight away may be with a max of 1-2 weeks.

 

I still have hopes from Khaleel and Pant who are fine as they have a lot of right ingredients. However one lacks pace and the other temparament/patience. These are are 2 things that are very challenging to learn with a quick turnaround. That is the concern being highlighted.

 

As far as Krunal goes there is absolutely nothing in his bowling. For an allrounder his bowling looks worse than Jadhav’s who was a batsman who just started bowling. There is hope for his batting though and he has to be really good at that to justify his spot.

Based on his first T20 performance? On a ground where someone like Tye, a wonderful T20 bowler, got absolutely smoked.

 

What if he bounces back, will this sentiment change and make him  a better bowler? Why not give him a run and see how he goes. It's not that these T20s are the end of the world. We win its great, but even if we lose, it is absolutely okay IMO especially if we are trying out younger players.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×