Jump to content
G_B_

Krunal will be useless outside the subcontinent

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Based on his first T20 performance? On a ground where someone like Tye, a wonderful T20 bowler, got absolutely smoked.

 

What if he bounces back, will this sentiment change and make him  a better bowler? Why not give him a run and see how he goes. It's not that these T20s are the end of the world. We win its great, but even if we lose, it is absolutely okay IMO especially if we are trying out younger players.

Yes because Krunal has done jack in List A or First class, so no one knows how capable he is in those formats and at this stage even bringing him up as an option in those formats as a bowler is justice to all those spinners taking bucket loads of wickets in Indian domestics

Share this post


Link to post

His bowling is mediocre. He might click once in a while. The reason i like him because he shows good attitude in crisis. May be not good at slogging from the word go. Infact very few can do that. I'll give benefit of doubt to his batting. Bowling has to improve significantly to fill the role as 5th bowling option. He is at best a decent 6th bowing option. He is ahead of 

 

Chahal - can bowl, can't bat, can't field

Jadeja - can field, can bowl a bit, can bat rarely

Ashwin - his bowling exposed, not suitable for T20 hitting

Sundar - Yet to mature as batsman and bowler. He has the ingredients though

 

He is there ahead of all of them because of one factor. He has proved in IPL he can score quickly.  That is the only reason he is out there. Not for his bowling or fielding. We have better bowlers, fielders. So he has to justify his inclusion. 

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

His bowling is mediocre. He might click once in a while. The reason i like him because he shows good attitude in crisis. May be not good at slogging from the word go. Infact very few can do that. I'll give benefit of doubt to his batting. Bowling has to improve significantly to fill the role as 5th bowling option. He is at best a decent 6th bowing option. He is ahead of 

 

Chahal - can bowl, can't bat, can't field

Jadeja - can field, can bowl a bit, can bat rarely

Ashwin - his bowling exposed, not suitable for T20 hitting

Sundar - Yet to mature as batsman and bowler. He has the ingredients though

 

He is there ahead of all of them because of one factor. He has proved in IPL he can score quickly.  That is the only reason he is out there. Not for his bowling or fielding. We have better bowlers, fielders. So he has to justify his inclusion. 

Sundar the bowler is marginally better than Krunal which is not saying a lot. However I have never seen Sundar bat long enough either in the IPL and obviously in international cricket. @rkt.india  who follows domestics closesly rates him as a bat so may be he has it in him to be a proper bat.

Edited by Global.Baba

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Based on his first T20 performance? On a ground where someone like Tye, a wonderful T20 bowler, got absolutely smoked.

 

What if he bounces back, will this sentiment change and make him  a better bowler? Why not give him a run and see how he goes. It's not that these T20s are the end of the world. We win its great, but even if we lose, it is absolutely okay IMO especially if we are trying out younger players.

He got smacked by WI in previous T20 as well, and he hasn't learnt anything from that. All he does when getting hit is dart faster. At this level, you need to deceive batsmen of quality, how is he going to do that with darts outside subcontinent?

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

He got smacked by WI in previous T20 as well, and he hasn't learnt anything from that. All he does when getting hit is dart faster. At this level, you need to deceive batsmen of quality, how is he going to do that with darts outside subcontinent?

Remember the bouncer he bowled lol That is when i realized we have a pie chucker. 

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Sundar the bowler is marginally better than Krunal which is not saying a lot. However I have never seen Sundar bat long enough either in the IPL and obviously in international cricket. @rkt.india  who follows domestics closesly rates him as a bat so may be he has it in him to be a proper bat.

Sundar has a really good technique but i hve my doubts about his power game which is needed if u wanna bat at 6 or 7 and above that position he wnt stand a chance against other talents 

 

24 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I think Gautam is more a proper bowler and can tonk a few boundaries. But he is like 32?

Gowtham bowling is good but his batting is way below both pandya bros , he can definately tonk but both pandya bros are miles ahead with bat then him

Lets see how shivam dube does in IPL.....we ll get a better idea regd him

 

Share this post


Link to post

Even regular spinners are going to have a tough time in Australia. Expecting a all-rounder spinner to succeed in Australia is bit to much. Strategically too its a better ploy to play a pace all rounder in Australia than a spin all rounder. No point trying a tactic thats less probable to work. He or any other spin all rounders should be played only on wickets and conditions favoring spinners. As a second all rounder he is fine, but as a main all rounder in playing 11 in these conditions it is very risky.

Share this post


Link to post

Trying Spin allrounder in Australia has always backfired..Even last time we visited there,Ashwin was not picked up in XI for ODIs assuming that Gurkeerat would provide second spinner's option with added batting.He did zilch and Ashwin who was picked in all 3 t20s actually did well. Chahal should be selected in place of Pandya/Khaleel today.

Edited by Bigg Brother

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

Trying Spin allrounder in Australia has always backfired..Even last time we visited there,Ashwin was not picked up in XI for ODIs assuming that Gurkeerat would provide second spinner's option with added batting.He did zilch and Ashwin who was picked in all 3 t20s actually did well. Chahal should be selected in place of Pandya/Khaleel today.

Totally silly to pick spin all rounder in Australia.  Low percentile success strategy.  If at all spinner has to be played there, play specialist spinner at least.  Funny that there are 4 spin options for T20i series in OZ, Kuldeep, Chahal, Sundar and Krunal but not even one pace allrounder. Wrong squad for the conditions. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

Trying Spin allrounder in Australia has always backfired..Even last time we visited there,Ashwin was not picked up in XI for ODIs assuming that Gurkeerat would provide second spinner's option with added batting.He did zilch and Ashwin who was picked in all 3 t20s actually did well. Chahal should be selected in place of Pandya/Khaleel today.

Bullshit.

 

Shastri was very successful.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

Totally silly to pick spin all rounder in Australia.  Low percentile success strategy.  If at all spinner has to be played there, play specialist spinner at least.  Funny that there are 4 spin options for T20i series in OZ, Kuldeep, Chahal, Sundar and Krunal but not even one pace allrounder. Wrong squad for the conditions. 

Although it is not a bad idea because there are long boundaries and batsmen can get caught while playing shots if spinner make them play false shots..

 

But Gurkeerat and Pandya both bowls just simple pies,nothing extraordinary.Sundar can be upgrade over him still can't say.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Bigg Brother said:

Although it is not a bad idea because there are long boundaries and batsmen can get caught while playing shots if spinner make them play false shots..

 

But Gurkeerat and Pandya both bowls just simple pies,nothing extraordinary.Sundar can be upgrade over him still can't say.

The squad is more like for spin friendly conditions.  Bad squad selection IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

at the end he had 2 good games out of 3 , yea it is horrible how ppl write off youngsters in jst one game

he is 27 years old. Before I get into details on Krunal, I would love to get your definition of what a youngster is.

Share this post


Link to post

and see fundamentally his bowling is just darting it around. I dont think he has the batting skills needed outside the sub. 

 

The reason he got those wickets was cause the Aussies were bottled up by Kuldeep at the other and attacked him which resulting in him going for 9 rpo but also picking up wickets.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, G_B_ said:

and see fundamentally his bowling is just darting it around. I dont think he has the batting skills needed outside the sub. 

 

The reason he got those wickets was cause the Aussies were bottled up by Kuldeep at the other and attacked him which resulting in him going for 9 rpo but also picking up wickets.

 

 

 

 

Yes clearly their plan is to go after Khaleel and Krunal in any situation because they know the rest wont be easy. You could see that from the way they play

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, G_B_ said:

and see fundamentally his bowling is just darting it around. I dont think he has the batting skills needed outside the sub. 

Isnt that what Imad wasim do and he has done really well 

1 minute ago, G_B_ said:

 

The reason he got those wickets was cause the Aussies were bottled up by Kuldeep at the other and attacked him which resulting in him going for 9 rpo but also picking up wickets.

no he smartly deceived them

if only taking wkts was that it easy. U think its a joke to dismiss someone like an ABDV 5 times

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/22/2018 at 12:50 PM, vvvslaxman said:

His bowling is mediocre. He might click once in a while. The reason i like him because he shows good attitude in crisis. May be not good at slogging from the word go. Infact very few can do that. I'll give benefit of doubt to his batting. Bowling has to improve significantly to fill the role as 5th bowling option. He is at best a decent 6th bowing option. He is ahead of 

 

Chahal - can bowl, can't bat, can't field

Jadeja - can field, can bowl a bit, can bat rarely

Ashwin - his bowling exposed, not suitable for T20 hitting

Sundar - Yet to mature as batsman and bowler. He has the ingredients though

 

He is there ahead of all of them because of one factor. He has proved in IPL he can score quickly.  That is the only reason he is out there. Not for his bowling or fielding. We have better bowlers, fielders. So he has to justify his inclusion. 

to be fair, even Chahal is made to look good by Kuldeep.

 

So the key here is Kuldeep. Was reading the other day on ICF itself how Kumble made Bhajji's numbers look good.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Isnt that what Imad wasim do and he has done really well 

no he smartly deceived them

if only taking wkts was that it easy. U think its a joke to dismiss someone like an ABDV 5 times

That’s equivalent of some people using Rohit Sharma’s IPL hat trick to justify his slot in every format lol. Does that happen a lot?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

That’s equivalent of some people using Rohit Sharma’s IPL hat trick to justify his slot in every format lol. Does that happen a lot?

hat trick  happened once......

abdv dismissed 5 times and he also has tied down rishabh pant in beast mode, also he troubled kohli to in some games 

 

By that logic we shud not take anything srsly about IPL

 

Also why wud a hat trick guarntee him a place in every format 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×