Virat Kohli and company not favourites in Test series - Adam Gilchrist issues warning

Switchblade

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/india-vs-australia-virat-kohli-and-company-not-favourites-in-test-series-adam-gilchrist-issues-warning/story-f2rmjBlgLAYNykk6wVAgrK.html

“I don’t think I can say that India will start as favourites because history will tell you that it (Australia) is a very tough place,” Gilchrist was as quoted by Cricketnext.

“Some great Indian teams, some great teams from England have come here and they have had limited success,” he added.

“I think Virat is a captain and a character that will want to do that. I think he is an inspired young leader who likes to keep the team motivated and he does that by scoring heavily. He will try to forget the past, and they have new and young players who don’t have the scars of the previous tour and they also have a very good pace attack. It has to be one of the best India have ever had,” he said.

“This Indian team have been progressing nicely under the leadership of Virat Kohli. It’s a very well-balanced Indian team. This series will be exciting because no one is sure how exactly it’s going to go,” Gilchrist assessed.

Looking at two previous series in Eng & SA I fully agree to what he is saying...time and again this Team has shown you need more than just a well balanced team. So many crucial moments they let Opp get away - 2 tests in SA and 3 tests in Eng (expect Lords game & the 1 they won). They continue to ignore practice tour games (because the Captain doesn't but he is oblivious of other team mates) and a coach who is YES man. It will be pity to say this is a great Indian team if cannot win this series or even worse lose it.

2 hours ago, GolGappe said:

Absolutely spot on.

Australian bowlers will decide the series. If they bowl with the same intensity as they did against England, India doesn't stand a chance.

Even during England series it was Steve smith who brought Australia back into contest many times when England were on top.

Edited by Nikola
18 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Indian batsmen will create a new Mcgrath and Brett Lee. Indian bowlers will perform like champions. 

India will lose the series badly.

Starc is already a better bowler than Brett Lee.  Hazlewood is not a McGrath but still one of the best test bowlers around. So they already have such bowlers.  Alas, they cannot make new ones.

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Starc is already a better bowler than Brett Lee.  Hazlewood is not a McGrath but still one of the best test bowlers around. So they already have such bowlers.  Alas, they cannot make new ones.

I had absolutely no idea! Thanks for the info. I have no idea what I would have done in life without this info of yours

2 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Indian batsmen will create a new Mcgrath and Brett Lee. Indian bowlers will perform like champions. 

India will lose the series badly.

You are overestimating our bowlers bhaiya jee Shami,Yadav and Ishant are on their second and third tour respectively and all have failed including Ashwin.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

I have an idea what would you have done.  You would still be posting the same retarded **** on the forum.

You mean just you keep talking talking out of your ass everytime? Do me a favour and keep your comments to yourself. When you are unable to understand the context, dont comment. Just shove it up.

Edited by Rightarmfast

Usually a good guy but what arrogance lol. Aussies are currently on par with Pak, Bangla and slightly ahead of WI,Zim.

Sound thrashing should shut him up.

in before people come at me with all superstitions, If you can’t beat this team even with 30 black cats and ladders etc etc then you have to be pissed at this team, not bent frustrations elsewhere.

I am backing the Indian team to deliver a sound thrashing. If it doesn’t happen  then shame on them.

2 hours ago, Switchblade said:

You are overestimating our bowlers bhaiya jee Shami,Yadav and Ishant are on their second and third tour respectively and all have failed including Ashwin.

You are living in history. Wake up and smell the coffee. If the tours to south africa and england are any indication, its our batsmen who will fail us, not bowlers.

5 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

You are living in history. Wake up and smell the coffee. If the tours to south africa and england are any indication, its our batsmen who will fail us, not bowlers.

True. However Aussie pitches these days are relatively easier for batting  and while our bowlers are perfect for SEN countries, Australia will be a bigger challenge. Ishant and Bumrah are the only guys who look good for these conditions. Umesh has done “ok” in the last 2 trips. I don’t see Shami doing well here. Siraj should have been the backup. Would have been perfect for these conditions.

Edited by Global.Baba
11 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

True. However Aussie pitches these days are relatively easier for batting  and while our bowlers are perfect for SEN countries, Australia will be a bigger challenge. Ishant and Bumrah are the only guys who look good for these conditions. Umesh has done “ok” in the last 2 trips. I don’t see Shami doing well here. Siraj should have been the backup. Would have been perfect for these conditions.

People are deluded if they think Indian bowlers did well in SA and England.  They were not better than their counterparts and to win, they had to better than their counterparts which did not happen.  They just bettered their past performances.

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

People are deluded if they think Indian bowlers did well in SA and England.  They were not better than their counterparts and to win, they had to better than their counterparts which did not happen.  They just bettered their past performances.

Indian bowlers set up every single game. With some brains displayed by batsmen the other 2 tests were there for the taking as well in SA and a couple in England.

Indian overseas bowling standard has been so low in the last 6-7 years that matching with the opposition bowlers is as good as it gets.

Edited by Global.Baba
4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

No. You need batsmen to win. We had one excellent batsman and the others were tailenders. Fielding was equally worse on both sides.