Is it justifiable to neglect Jadeja by any yard stick??

rtmohanlal

Just went thru the link

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/234675.html?class=1;spanmin1=22+sep+2016;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting

He already has an avg: of around 53-54 in domestic  with 3 300s. From the above link it is clear as to how he has started doing justice to his first class performance  by converting the same into test cricket too. Yes  47.36 is inflated because of high number of not outs, but yet even if we evaluate  that avg: from a normal platform, that comes around to 42-42.5  avg:( i mean  if he was allowed to continue with these not out scores  and eventually  remained not outs in only 3 inns he would still have avg:ed almost 42.5). So an avg:- str: combo of 42.5-65.54 from his batting position is worth as a batsman alone. Not only that he has started performing out side Asia too. We talk a lot about  giving chances to  talented youngsters   in various batting positions.Yet we completely neglect  discussing about giving  chances to this player who is already a very good bowler & a brilliant fielder  but an experienced player too.And he has a good 8 years left in him. I think he deserves his chances as a permanent no:6 batsmen   for a  few matches which would be worth an experiment. I think he has clearly started doing justice to his batting abilities.Thoughts  

Edited by rtmohanlal
16 minutes ago, sandeep said:

6 is way too high for him.  I think that would mess up his batting method that he has finally found after years of underwhelming batting.  He currently has the license to bat with freedom, and that works really well for him from #8.  I do think that Ashwin's batting being 'better' than Jaddu's is a myth.  

may be.... Any way he can bat after  'Pant at 6' .What I really intended to say was that it is frustrating to see him time and again side lined for some lesser players .This guy deserves a permanent place in the team at the expense of any one

Edited by rtmohanlal
25 minutes ago, sandeep said:

6 is way too high for him.  I think that would mess up his batting method that he has finally found after years of underwhelming batting.  He currently has the license to bat with freedom, and that works really well for him from #8.  I do think that Ashwin's batting being 'better' than Jaddu's is a myth.  

Jaddu is currently a better bat than Ashwin as of now - I think he could bat as high as 7, but not more.

What I liked more about Jadeja  was his come back match performance. Got an oppertunity after a while in that  last ENG test where Ashwin got injured.  He scored a 99 runs @ 99 avg: , picked  7 wkts @ 36.8 thus proved his worth in the team.Even more superb was the way he scored those runs in the company of tailenders.This shows that he has it in  him ( that mental toughness)  to score in tough abroad conditions too.Another point is that he has an avg: of 28.15 in SENA as of now, which includes his full career data.For a comparison Pujara has only 29.3 avg: in SENA.

2 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

What I liked more about Jadeja  was his come back match performance. Got an oppertunity after a while in that  last ENG test where Ashwin got injured.  He scored a 99 runs @ 99 avg: , picked  7 wkts @ 36.8 thus proved his worth in the team.Even more superb was the way he scored those runs in the company of tailenders.This shows that he has it in  him ( that mental toughness)  to score in tough abroad conditions too.Another point is that he has an avg: of 28.15 in SENA as of now, which includes his full career data.For a comparison Pujara has only 29.3 avg: in SENA.

I'd imagine his avg in SENA is comparable or higher than Che, Dhawan or Rohit, although the first 2 are top order batsmen

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

jadeja never gave me confidence against high pace n bounce, i feel starc will eat him alive 

Plus his bowling today looked halwa

Spinners need high support from quality seam bowlers to be even some what successful in AUS. And he is a batsman with vast experience and  54 avg: in domestic. That being the case he surely deserves his chances in  general.

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I'd imagine his avg in SENA is comparable or higher than Che, Dhawan or Rohit, although the first 2 are top order batsmen

yes...  it shows that he can avg: more or less the same as that of so called top order batsman like Pujara in SENA  at least from lower order position and hence thoroughly  deserves his chances.

11 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

yes...  it shows that he can avg: more or less the same as that of so called top order batsman like Pujara in SENA  at least from lower order position and hence thoroughly  deserves his chances.

SENA men England bhi aati hai, where he has played 2 good knocks 

Eng bowlers dnt have same pace n pitches dnt have same bounce like SA n AUS

M talking about pace n bounce

Pujara himself is an underachiever 

19 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

Spinners need high support from quality seam bowlers to be even some what successful in AUS. And he is a batsman with vast experience and  54 avg: in domestic. That being the case he surely deserves his chances in  general.

his domestic record has no relevance now that we have seen him bat for 10 yrs 

he is good in India with bat not overseas, 

40 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

SENA men England bhi aati hai, where he has played 2 good knocks 

Eng bowlers dnt have same pace n pitches dnt have same bounce like SA n AUS

M talking about pace n bounce

Pujara himself is an underachiever 

his domestic record has no relevance now that we have seen him bat for 10 yrs 

he is good in India with bat not overseas, 

just see Jadeja's record in the filtered out  period in the last 31 inns . His avg: is around 48. I am not saying that Jadeja is a must moving forward. Just saying that with his track record as of now( domestic record & last 31 inns test record) Jadeja deserves a prolonged stretch  chance more than any one else ESPECIALLY because of the fact  that proven hacks like Pujara gets chances after chances despite being utter mediocre in SENA after 7 or 8 tours to these places. Whether he succeeds or not   on bouncy wkts is yet another matter.

Edited by rtmohanlal
13 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

just see Jadeja's record in the filtered out  period in the last 31 inns . His avg: is around 48. I am not saying that Jadeja is a must moving forward. Just saying that with his track record as of now( domestic record & last 31 inns test record) Jadeja deserves a prolonged stretch  chance more than any one else ESPECIALLY because of the fact  that proven hacks like Pujara gets chances after chances despite being utter mediocre in SENA after 7 or 8 tours to these places. Whether he succeeds or not   on bouncy wkts is yet another matter.

but how many innings have been played in India n SL in those 31 

Whenever i see him agianst pace, he is always late on the ball like incase of ashwin n rohit u say they have extra time ...jadeja is late 

51 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Whenever i see him agianst pace, he is always late on the ball like incase of ashwin n rohit u say they have extra time ...jadeja is late 

Jadeja has not yet played enough  tests in AUS & SAF( has played only 2 inns in SAF that too before his  last 31 inns period).So before providing enough chances  in bouncy wkts, we can't judge his ability against pace i guess

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

This is perception bias.  Ashwin looks classier due to his batting style.  But class != effectiveness.  Jadeja has shown he can handle pace and bounce.  

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

This is perception bias.  Ashwin looks classier due to his batting style.  But class != effectiveness.  Jadeja has shown he can handle pace and bounce.  

not biased

Ashwin has made runs against such attacks , his batting has dipped may be coz he is not working hard but the guy had talent with bat . In 2011-12 aussie tour he was among our top batters 

I dnt remember jadeja doing much against pace n bounce be it any form