Indo Aus All time Dream team XI

Sooda

Having to choose a min of 5 from each is rather constraining. for most of cricketing history, Oz was much better. IMO, only Gavaskar and SRT can make the cut in a genuine combined XI, with Kapil being a possibility - however Keith Miller was equally good, and probably better. Even among spinners, I rate O'Reilly, Warne, Grimmett more than Kumble.

Historically, Aus has been a better test playing nation so will pick 6 Aus and 5 Ind as per the OP the 11 should have a min of 5 players from each country 

• Aus: Bradman, Chappell, Gilly, Warne, Lillee and McGrath
  • Ind: Gavaskar, Kapil (good record in Aus), Chandra (spinners who can do well in most conditions. Won us a test in Eng iirc), Sehwag (explosive opener. Had competition from Hayden, who lost out to Chappell for one of the Aus spots), and Tendulkar (though has competition from Waugh, Border, and Ponting)

Gavaskar

Sehwag

Don

Tendulkar

Chappell

Gilly

Kapil

Warne

Lillee

McGrath

Chandra 

5 minutes ago, zen said:

Historically, Aus has been a better test playing nation so will pick 6 Aus and 5 Ind as per the OP the 11 should have a min of 5 players from each country 

• Aus: Bradman, Chappell, Gilly, Warne, Lillee and McGrath
  • Ind: Gavaskar, Kapil (good record in Aus), Chandra (spinners who can do well in most conditions. Won us a test in Eng iirc), Sehwag (explosive opener. Had competition from Hayden, who lost out to Chappell for one of the Aus spots), and Tendulkar (though has competition from Waugh, Border, and Ponting) 

Gavaskar

Sehwag

Don

Tendulkar

Chappell

Gilly

Kapil

Warne

Lillee

McGrath

Chandra 

Given the OP's restriction, I think this is the best possible team (although an all-time Oz XI can beat it). My only replacement would be Prasanna for Chandra. Both have similar records in Oz, and having two leggies (warne & chandra) makes it a bit monotonous.

50 minutes ago, Pace90 said:

You must be die-hard Indian team fan but making Jagval better fast bowler than Lillee is ridiculous and since when Rahul ( a great batsman, no doubt ) was better than Ponting ? 

Well i had limitations of using minimum 5 indian players and i thought to spread it out in bowling as well.