Time to quit following the international team if we lose this series.

Fk all this pseudo patriotic bs that will support Indian team at any cost etc etc.

It is not like we passionately cheer for hockey team anymore. It’s always like hockey  team wins something it is a small “yay,whatever” if they lose “oh well who gives a damn they suck anyway”. They have come to that stage with constantly failing at the top level.

Cricket is going to be at the same level for me if we lose to this pathetic Australian side.

If we can’t beat this Aussie side then we will never have a significant chance of winning a big overseas win. Already fluffed a golden chance to win in South Africa. England obviously were going to be tougher even though should have won that as well.

Losing to this Aussie side is unacceptable.

5 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

everyone says silly things like that but come next tournament and there they are commenting away LOL. Say we loose this, I am assuming we have your word that we won't see you here during WC? :--D

Not really. After the India loss in 98-99 series, I stopped watching for 6 months. After 2011 loss in england, I almost stopped watching for 1-2 yrs. So even though I watch now, I am no more emotionally attached to the team. I only watch it for the faster bowlers.

4 games * 8 hours * 5 days = 160 hours

Is no mean investment.

Normal people can read 20 pages of fiction and 10 pages of non fiction per hour.

So 160*20 = 3200 pages of non fiction 

Which means you can wipe out 3 massive leo Tolstoy/ Fyodor Dostoevsky novels in this time

It's not a good feeling when you invest so  much time and the team doesn't show up.

I am with OP. Won't settle even for a draw...

My minimum expectation is us winning the series 0-1

Edited by Temujin Khaghan
31 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Not really. After the India loss in 98-99 series, I stopped watching for 6 months. After 2011 loss in england, I almost stopped watching for 1-2 yrs. So even though I watch now, I am no more emotionally attached to the team. I only watch it for the faster bowlers.

TBH am not attached to the team to begin with. I didn't grow up with a cricket culture nor is it popular here in Canada. I was introduced to cricket during HS by some of my close mates now, so just fell in love with the game. Canada sucks, so can't really follow them. Malaysia isn't good in it either but India is so made sense to follow team india for me (if you didn't know am half malasian/half indian). I can't really comprehend or understand where you're coming from to tell you the truth. 

5 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

Is no mean investment.

Normal people can read 20 pages of fiction and 10 pages of non fiction per day.

Which means you can wipe out 3 massive leo Tolstoy/ Fyodor Dostoevsky novels in this time

It's not a good feeling when you invest so  much time and the team doesn't show up.

My minimum expectation is our winning the series 0-1

Bro thats the amount of hours you would need to spend to finish all your 4 years of university assignments lmao(might even have some spare time left). Test cricket is a fuc*ing joke!

3 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Same here after 2011 Wc stopped worshipping or passionately following the players and with time not too emotionally attached with them.You have to admit that now cricket feels more like business than a genuine sport like it was during the 90's or early 2000's.

5 hours ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

Is no mean investment.

Normal people can read 20 pages of fiction and 10 pages of non fiction per hour.

My minimum expectation is us winning the series 0-1

Wonder if this has contributed to a slowing of population growth ;-).

Edited by ExtremeBrainfade
Someone scooped the the one original thought I had today.
6 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Fk all this pseudo patriotic bs that will support Indian team at any cost etc etc.

It is not like we passionately cheer for hockey team anymore. It’s always like hockey  team wins something it is a small “yay,whatever” if they lose “oh well who gives a damn they suck anyway”. They have come to that stage with constantly failing at the top level.

Cricket is going to be at the same level for me if we lose to this pathetic Australian side.

If we can’t beat this Aussie side then we will never have a significant chance of winning a big overseas win. Already fluffed a golden chance to win in South Africa. England obviously were going to be tougher even though should have won that as well.

Losing to this Aussie side is unacceptable.

I switched off after the Siraj non-selection.  In my nearly 40 years of watching cricket, I have seen many questionable selections and non-selections, but have really not seen one like this.  A 24-yr old fast bowler with great skills and confidence, and most importantly, consistently incredible performances for over a year.  Wickets everywhere.  Domestic.  A-games.  Everywhere.  This is the peak time to unleash the speedster and what do they do?  "Select" him against WI, don't play him at all and dump him.  No explanation.  Australia would be a perfect place for a pacer to start his career and serve the team for a long time (6 - 8 years), but the selectors stick with Sharma, Yadav, Shami, Kumar.  Unadulterated bullshyte.   

I didn't log on to ICF for so long that I forgot my ICF password, tried to log in so I could dump this one thought on all of you random people and scurry back into my hole, but my account got locked, so I created a new account, dumped this thought and will try to disappear.  But it's one day before the freakkin series and it's hard to stay away.  I need Cricaholics Anonymous.  

5 hours ago, Lannister said:

It's not that we will not win in the future, but the current management under Kohli and Shastri is not something worth to waste our time on. I will not think twice to root for the opposition teams, if I cannot stay away from Cricket that I loved to play in my childhood days. 

Agreed. KL and Dravid will make a great combination so legends like Uthappa, vinay Kumar and stuart binny could make a come back like never before. 

Don't worry we will never doubt that. You already pledged your support for RSA before. If you were offered bit of money you ll root for Pakistan in future as well. :two_thumbs_up: