Gautam Gambhir retires

2 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

MSD for that WC finals? Then you should add Robin Singh and Kanitkar as well.

anyway where is Ganguly? India’s best captain ever. Also one of the most successful odi opening batsman of all time?

No Zak Either?

We Should frame this post though. Only time we’re MSD is ranked over Sachin and Kapil :laugh:

tenor.gif?itemid=4906558

Just now, nevada said:

Clutch player who helped us win two world cups. Stood up to bullies and spoke out against bs without any fear. Take a bow, champ!

True but I was really disappointed he never kicked on to become a legend post that golden run of 2010. I thought he would turn to be at par with Cook and Amla but he just tapered off.

I am sad today. I know he was almost done but he gave us the best cricketing moments which we always wanted - the world cup, also major part of us becoming world number 1 in test.

I supported him big time and he was one of my favorite.

What a selfless person he still remains and I am sure he will achieve a lot more for Indian Cricket after he retires.

Thanks Gauram Gambhir.  

15 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

True but I was really disappointed he never kicked on to become a legend post that golden run of 2010. I thought he would turn to be at par with Cook and Amla but he just tapered off.

He went through a low after 2011 high got carried away after KKR captaincy to be honest his form was going down and became a pokemon like you said somewhere he faded away after 2011 when he should have moved up the ladder.

31 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

MSD for that WC finals? Then you should add Robin Singh and Kanitkar as well.

anyway where is Ganguly? India’s best captain ever. Also one of the most successful odi opening batsman of all time?

No Zak Either?

We Should frame this post though. Only time we’re MSD is ranked over Sachin and Kapil :laugh:

What are you talking about?

Dhoni

Bat avg - 50

Strike rate - 88

Avg in win games - 70

Avg while chasing - 49

Avg while chasing and India won - 97

Sachin

Bat avg - 44

Strike rate - 86

Avg in win games - 56

Avg while chasing - 42

Avg while chasing and India won - 55

If you add the stumpings/catches/captaincy etc., Dhoni is much more valuable ODI player than Sachin.

P.S, I am a Sachin fan myself but MSD is easily the better ODI players among two. Dhoni is perhaps the 3rd best ODI player in the world after Viv and Virat.

Regarding Ganguly, Yes I forgot about him. He should replace Dhawan in my original list.

Zak misses out unfortunately.

Below is my amended list:

1. Kohli
  2. MSD
  3. Sachin
  4. Kapil
  5. Ganguly
  6. Yuvraj
  7. Gambhir
  8. Rohit
  9. Dravid
  10. Azharuddin