This is a flat pitch

17 minutes ago, sandeep said:

yep, 420 par track.   If we had put up a solid 460+, the inexperienced and fragile aus batting top order would have choked for sure.  Instead, we'll be lucky if we cross 280 here, and it will be tough to put their batsmen under any kind of real pressure.  

Missed opportunity is an understatement.  

Now the situation is so grave that reaching even 200 looks tough .

The only way for us to comeback is a Harakiri by the aussie batsmen but I am sure they are smart enough to work out their way on this flat wkt .

This is easily a 400 wkt 

6 minutes ago, Number said:

Average batting score in first innings @ adelaide since 2000 (day matches) - 466

this is not the same pitch.  Adelaide is currently probably the fastest pitch in Australia.  It is not 2015 like pitch.  if we had the same pitch, we would not have lost those many wickets and most of those drives would have resulted in boundaries instead of edges.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

this is not the same pitch.  Adelaide is currently probably the fastest pitch in Australia.  It is not 2015 like pitch.  if we had the same pitch, we would not have lost those many wickets and most of those drives would have resulted in boundaries instead of edges.

lol This is one of the slowest pitch i have seen in recent  times. Ball takes ages to come if it pitches half way down. 

Make no mistake it is a flat pitch and Australian batsmen will love this true bounce .

Good thing is that there is some swing on offer with the  new ball and later on spin due to the rough ,our bowlers have to make it count with the new ball (I don't think we will) and ashwin has a key role to play (I don't trust him at all)