Karnataka and Mumbai Lobby selections without performance

The quota system has long gone but the lobbies still continue to promote their zone players without the quota selection framework.

Karnataka Lobby

K L Rahul

Test Matches / Innings / Runs / Average 
31 / 51 / 1848 / 37.71

Mumbai Lobby

Rohit Sharma

Test Matches / Innings / Runs / Average 
25 / 43 / 1479 / 39.97

Shame that the two lobbies are backing these below 40 average batsmen. 

Some also add Rahane to Mumbai lobby list. But honestly it's not the case. Team management just rate him highly based on past exploits. Tbh even Rohit and Rahul are not due to lobby's but due to weird obsession in showing trust in their abilities. Lobby is just over used on this forum. The only lobby players recently are Shardul and Axar. 

5 minutes ago, Khota said:

Rohit is a fair selection. Rahul not so much. Vijay is atrocious.

Rohit has an avg of 24 outside home. Even taking into account the fact that he is not a regular, this is not an avg a batsman should have. he is worse than every other batsmen outside home (incl. dhawan) and poorer than the likes of ashwin and pandya.

4 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Rohit has an avg of 24 outside home. Even taking into account the fact that he is not a regular, this is not an avg a batsman should have. he is worse than every other batsmen outside home (incl. dhawan) and poorer than the likes of ashwin and pandya.

Surely you are not telling me that Ashwin and Pandya are better bats?

5 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Rohit Sharma from Mumbai lobby and Dhawan from Delhi lobby was the reason we lost in Eng and SA. 

These guys were Dhoni's old pets and hold a tremendous power in Indian cricket. 

I am curious which state are you from OP? :giggle:

Show me one person from experts, commentator, non Indian cricket analysts, selectors, COA, captain,VC,ex cricketers who has spoken against Rohit recently. You cannot be so sure it's Mumbai lobby only. The guy is massively overrated by all.

3 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Show me one person from experts, commentator, non Indian cricket analysts, selectors, COA, captain,VC,ex cricketers who has spoken against Rohit recently. You cannot be so sure it's Mumbai lobby only. The guy is massively overrated by all.

Allan Border. He said " If I were Kohli, I'll look at Rohit in the eye and ask him..Do you want to play test cricket or not?" :hehe:

Edited by The Dark Horse
9 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Point is he did jack in tests and people know that. He's getting selected inspite of that.. there's a person who's sitting in the hut who scored a tough 50 in England. 

Totally agree. Freeloaders like Rahul and Rohit who average below 40 are blocking spots.  Even Dhawan was averaging like these two lucky ones but we got rid of him for good.

23 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Point is he did jack in tests and people know that. He's getting selected inspite of that.. there's a person who's sitting in the hut who scored a tough 50 in England. 

Lol So you are missing the point even more than I thought. I am not saying he is doing well and getting selected. 

30 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Lot of experts from different countries have already questioned his technique. Ofcourse, they don't do it often, as we only tour them once in four years. This guy is not even playing Ranjis and still finds himself in Test team. 

4 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Lot of experts from different countries have already questioned his technique. Ofcourse, they don't do it often, as we only tour them once in four years. This guy is not even playing Ranjis and still finds himself in Test team. 

They have but at different times. Currently his ODI exploits are making people blind. Even Kumble, before the series, said Rohit has improved jis technique a lot. So where is the improvement ? He is ttf in tests. It's a case of massive over rating and mixing up formats.