WC 2007 contributors

King

Yup WC is well and truly here almost. Pred has put together few ideas about how we should be growing the website using this upcoming World cup. For us to envisage on anything we need contributors. When I say contributors I mean the ones that have time enough to contribute consistently over the next couple of months. We have couple of names already that are happy to contribute but we are going to be needing more quite naturally. We have Pred, Parth already in the list but I would expect Shailesh, Gator, Dhondy, Lurker, Rahul, Birbal2 and the likes to put their hands up on this occassion. I'm sure Kabira, Shridhar are going to help us with the stats part. We can do with more but firstly we need names that are happy to contribute over couple of months. We shall start from this topic and move on. Please express your ideas here.

Re: WC 2007 contributors

Yup WC is well and truly here almost. Pred has put together few ideas about how we should be growing the website using this upcoming World cup. For us to envisage on anything we need contributors. When I say contributors I mean the ones that have time enough to contribute consistently over the next couple of months. We have couple of names already that are happy to contribute but we are going to be needing more quite naturally. We have Pred, Parth already in the list but I would expect Shailesh, Gator, Dhondy, Rahul, Birbal2 and the likes to put their hands up on this occassion. I'm sure Kabira, Shridhar are going to help us with the stats part. We can do with more but firstly we need names that are happy to contribute over couple of months. We shall start from this topic and move on. Please express your ideas here.
With our ideas we can make this website even bigger and greater then it already is.

Re: WC 2007 contributors Here are Pred's ideas : Ravi, we need to start a separate page (with an appropriate link on the menu bar, ie; indiancricketfans.com/cwc07) dedicated entirely to our coverage of the 2007 WC. Here are the features we need; - Profiles of India's first round oppnents - Profiles of all WI grounds (corresponding with India's record there) - Indian WC stats and records page - A link to the superselector game - Maybe a predictor/betting game ? - RSS Newsfeeds ...and most importantly; a preview before every match India play, along with a bulletin to follow a day after the match finishes. I volunteer to write columns, but we need a couple (read 3/4) more people to put up their hands - once we have a large enough crew; we can work out some sort of schedule. What d'ya say Glad to see you agree. But we need some consensus on it first - perhaps you could make this a sticky ? Everyone has their own lives outside of cyberspace; so a schedule is of vital importance. I am thinking you, I, Dhondy, and Gator/Shailesh/Lurker, etc. (the regular posters) could have a rotation going on - two posters cover one match one week, another pair covers another match the next week, and so forth. So for example, you could start with the preview for the Bangladesh match, i'd write the post-match bulletin. Dhondy and Gator do the previews/post-match respectively for the Bermuda match, etc. If we approach this in a systematic way, i think it could work out well. Do the other ideas on my list sound feasible ? The RSS feeds should be very simple to encode. We'll need more space for pics and better formatting to incorporate stat tables, etc.

Yup WC is well and truly here almost. Pred has put together few ideas about how we should be growing the website using this upcoming World cup. For us to envisage on anything we need contributors. When I say contributors I mean the ones that have time enough to contribute consistently over the next couple of months. We have couple of names already that are happy to contribute but we are going to be needing more quite naturally. We have Pred, Parth already in the list but I would expect Shailesh, Gator, Dhondy, Rahul, Birbal2 and the likes to put their hands up on this occassion. I'm sure Kabira, Shridhar are going to help us with the stats part. We can do with more but firstly we need names that are happy to contribute over couple of months. We shall start from this topic and move on. Please express your ideas here.
Ravi I cannot do private messages yet as I havnt reached 300 posts otherwise I hep get people

Re: WC 2007 contributors Indian WC stats and records page hopefully will be managed by Bheem and Kabira. RSS Newsfeeds - No big deal and it'll take about couple of hours for me to put together one. Link to super selector - No worries, can do it in no time. Betting game : Will take fair bit of coding and will be able to put one in about a week or two prior world cup surely. History of Indian cricket in WC - Shailesh's already on it Profiles of India's first round oppnents - Should be shared by our contributors Profiles of all WI grounds (corresponding with India's record there) - Should be shared by our contributors

Ravi I cannot do private messages yet as I havnt reached 300 posts otherwise I hep get people
You'll have that by the time we start it don't you worry.

Indian WC stats and records page hopefully will be managed by Bheem and Kabira. RSS Newsfeeds - No big deal and it'll take about couple of hours for me to put together one. Link to super selector - No worries, can do it in no time. Betting game : Will take fair bit of coding and will be able to put one in about a week or two prior world cup surely. History of Indian cricket in WC - Shailesh's already on it Profiles of India's first round oppnents - Should be shared by our contributors Cricinfo.com is going to be a good contributor aswell Profiles of all WI grounds (corresponding with India's record there) - Should be shared by our contributors

Yup WC is well and truly here almost. Pred has put together few ideas about how we should be growing the website using this upcoming World cup. For us to envisage on anything we need contributors. When I say contributors I mean the ones that have time enough to contribute consistently over the next couple of months. We have couple of names already that are happy to contribute but we are going to be needing more quite naturally. We have Pred, Parth already in the list but I would expect Shailesh, Gator, Dhondy, Rahul, Birbal2 and the likes to put their hands up on this occassion. I'm sure Kabira, Shridhar are going to help us with the stats part. We can do with more but firstly we need names that are happy to contribute over couple of months. Thanks We shall start from this topic and move on. Please express your ideas here.
You'll have that by the time we start it don't you worry.

Profiles of India's first round oppnents - Should be shared by our contributors Profiles of all WI grounds (corresponding with India's record there) - Should be shared by our contributors
This doesn't even have to be too long. Something like this for the grounds profiles will suffice; http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/hi/english/static/in_depth/cricket/2001/india_grounds_guide/delhi.stm I quite like the design. Have clickable buttons on a map of the Caribbean Islands; when accessed they should reveal small snippets of info regarding the history of that particular stadium, famous cricketers, the pitch condition we can expect - along with a little stats box at the end outlining India's record there, with the top run-scorer, wicket-taker.

Profiles of India's first round oppnents - Should be shared by our contributors Profiles of all WI grounds (corresponding with India's record there) - Should be shared by our contributors
This doesn't even have to be too long. Something like this for the grounds profiles will suffice; http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/hi/english/static/in_depth/cricket/2001/india_grounds_guide/delhi.stm
Predator we could use something like this from cricinfo http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/indvsl/content/current/ground/58547.html

This doesn't even have to be too long. Something like this for the grounds profiles will suffice; http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/hi/english/static/in_depth/cricket/2001/india_grounds_guide/delhi.stm I quite like the design. Have clickable buttons on a map of the Caribbean Islands; when accessed they should reveal small snippets of info regarding the history of that particular stadium, famous cricketers, the pitch condition we can expect - along with a little stats box at the end outlining India's record there, with the top run-scorer, wicket-taker.
Good references Pred. I guess instead of a snippet we could probably open a new window with a brief write up on the ground and the scorecards of all the games India has played on that ground perhaps???

Good references Pred. I guess instead of a snippet we could probably open a new window with a brief write up on the ground and the scorecards of all the games India has played on that ground perhaps???
Maybe a few pictures of the surroundings.

how about predict the man of the match game contest' date=' every game we can have this, and winner gets something...[/quote'] I will put together a betting module where people can use their points on this website to bet on the events such as the one you mentioned.

Too complicated, IMO. I'd rather we make a carbon copy of that BBC guide to grounds page - it's easy on the eyes, comfortable to navigate and tells the readers just as much as they would like to know. Remember, not everyone has the patience to read through writeups. A cursory glance over a few sentences is the most they can afford. Tell you what; i'll throw up a little design for that page on Photoshop tonite and post it on here. Then we can see if it's workable

Too complicated, IMO. I'd rather we make a carbon copy of that BBC guide to grounds page - it's easy on the eyes, comfortable to navigate and tells the readers just as much as they would like to know. Remember, not everyone has the patience to read through writeups. A cursory glance over a few sentences is the most they can afford. Tell you what; i'll throw up a little design for that page on Photoshop tonite and post it on here. Then we can see if it's workable
Your right some people won't want to read alot of paragraphs. So a few lines will do it.