Rohit actually looked “alright”

I wasn’t big fan of his selection anywhere  and thought Vihari deserved the chance but I think he did well until that brainfart he had today. 

May be we can put both Rohit and Vihari in the same line up and get rid off one of Vijay or Rahul for the 2nd test? I think it won’t be a bad idea if Rahul/Vijay keep failing. 

Yes Rohit might shyt his pants facing brand new red ball but then he might put up a bigger opening stand than what the current openers are doing. 

Rohit actually for a change looked at ease today. He was looking pretty solid against both pace and spin. One can say it was flat deck and stuff but we were in trouble that time when he came.

24 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I wasn’t big fan of his selection anywhere  and thought Vihari deserved the chance but I think he did well until that brainfart he had today. 

May be we can put both Rohit and Vihari in the same line up and get rid off one of Vijay or Rahul for the 2nd test? I think it won’t be a bad idea if Rahul/Vijay keep failing. 

Yes Rohit might shyt his pants facing brand new red ball but then he might put up a bigger opening stand than what the current openers are doing. 

Rohit actually for a change looked at ease today. He was looking pretty solid against both pace and spin. One can say it was flat deck and stuff but we were in trouble that time when he came.

he can only score 20s and 30s abroad, because he keeps giving his wkt away to rash strokes. ditto pant.

2 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Yeh he got to face an older ball and he played that ridiculous shot to get out

Not that much of an older ball and he indeed looked comfortable and looked like dominating the bowlers....

but yes.... that     ridiculous SHOT.............. is VERY VERY frustrating to say the least. :no:

41 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

kidhar se watch his few shots he was reaching out for it and thats never in control

Bhaiya compared to others he looked fine.

Here is my whole take on this issue.

I won’t pick him in my squad overall as there are better deserving players but since he is already part of the squad and you know the other guys are struggling for a while and he is kind of looking “better” than those other struggling players, so I might as well play him.

Yes, one can’t trust him much like he threw away his wicket today and pissed all of us, but we have to be practical and realize that our other ttailunts aren’t doing much right now a d since its matter of country winning the game, I rather play Rohit than one of Vijay/Rahul as Rohit might end up outscoring them easily due to his style of play even though he might be unreliable and might not score much.

You want to see who will help lessen the burden on Kohli the most and Pujara since they have lot of burden on them carrying the line up, and I believe Rohit will lessen that burden compared to few other guys who are starting to not just frustrate the team but all of Indian supporters who have backed them big time in last few years.

Just now, Cricketics said:

Bhaiya compared to others he looked fine.

Here is my whole take on this issue.

I won’t pick him in my squad overall as there are better deserving players but since he is already part of the squad and you know the other guys are struggling for a while and he is kind of looking “better” than those other struggling players, so I might as well play him.

Yes, one can’t trust him much like he threw away his wicket today and pissed all of us, but we have to be practical and realize that our other ttailunts aren’t doing much right now a d since its matter of country winning the game, I rather play Rohit than one of Vijay/Rahul as Rohit might end up outscoring them easily due to his style of play even though he might be unreliable and might not score much.

You want to see who will help lessen the burden on Kohli the most and Pujara since they have lot of burden on them carrying the line up, and I believe Rohit will lessen that burden compared to few other guys who are starting to not just frustrate the team but all of Indian supporters who have backed them big time in last few years.

others are having bad patch specially the likes of Rahul n Rahane so they will get that extra rope 

On good days those guys have converted those scores but rohit is not even converting his good days

rohit vs vijay/rahul are diff roles.........they are opening in overseas which is extremely tough

at this point u hve to back them in this series if not , start looking for option from next . Rohit lessoning the burden how....by making 10 runs more then other which wnt happen every day...some days even he ll be outscored by others. 

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

others are having bad patch specially the likes of Rahul n Rahane so they will get that extra rope 

On good days those guys have converted those scores but rohit is not even converting his good days

rohit vs vijay/rahul are diff roles.........they are opening in overseas which is extremely tough

at this point u hve to back them in this series if not , start looking for option from next . Rohit lessoning the burden how....by making 10 runs more then other which wnt happen every day...some days even he ll be outscored by others. 

I think all the guys have been backed. Dropping someone for one game doesn’t mean younare not backing thrm, you are still part of the squd. Rotating is cery much needed to get player’s mindset right.

No one is asking for anyone’s axe from the squad.

But dropping for a game or two really helps the team and also a player as all of audden player can now focus on getting his mindset eight and come out of the struggling period.

Pujara and Rahane have gone through same face. Pujara clicked today but he had many failures leading upto this and hence whole of ICf wanted his axe. I still like both Rahane and Pujara, bur sometimes its good to rotate and provide the guys a challenge so no one can rest on their past laurels.

NOw Rahul or vijay might deliver in the 2nd innings or next test, but we shouldn’t be scared to drop any of them thinking “we are not backing youngsters”

Dropping for a game is fine. Dropping from a series isn’t.

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

Told my dad 20 minutes before the game that once he was in the 12, I was actually slightly glad to see him in the XI.  On these Aussie roads, he can be very effective at #5/6.  But as he proved, he can be relied on to be unreliable.  

Even the famous chase at Adelaide - that was also a gold-plated chance for Rohit to seize the opportunity, make it count, and contribute a meaningful innings for the team. He let us down, just like today.  That's what he does.  

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

Told my dad 20 minutes before the game that once he was in the 12, I was actually slightly glad to see him in the XI.  On these Aussie roads, he can be very effective at #5/6.  But as he proved, he can be relied on to be unreliable.  

Even the famous chase at Adelaide - that was also a gold-plated chance for Rohit to seize the opportunity, make it count, and contribute a meaningful innings for the team. He let us down, just like today.  That's what he does.  

In other words, we can rely on him to be unreliable. that is the only constant in this world of change.

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

I think all the guys have been backed. Dropping someone for one game doesn’t mean younare not backing thrm, you are still part of the squd. Rotating is cery much needed to get player’s mindset right.

No one is asking for anyone’s axe from the squad.

But dropping for a game or two really helps the team and also a player as all of audden player can now focus on getting his mindset eight and come out of the struggling period.

Pujara and Rahane have gone through same face. Pujara clicked today but he had many failures leading upto this and hence whole of ICf wanted his axe. I still like both Rahane and Pujara, bur sometimes its good to rotate and provide the guys a challenge so no one can rest on their past laurels.

NOw Rahul or vijay might deliver in the 2nd innings or next test, but we shouldn’t be scared to drop any of them thinking “we are not backing youngsters”

Dropping for a game is fine. Dropping from a series isn’t.

Every case is diff

I think Rahane n rahul needs to go back to domestic if next few test doesnt work out. They both are suffering from low confidence and technical issues so go back to drawing board will help 

Pujara lets see how this series goes ahead, he generally plays 1-2 good knocks overseas but thats about it ......

Watever shud be seen after this series , May be in KL case if it becomes more worse...,mayank can be called from NZ and he can be sent their or to domestic

Each case needs to be handled diff, dropping for a game or two means player on bench has to be good as well 

here 3 are struggling and we have only vihari on bench and shaw who is injured. So problem zyaada hai solution kum and we still dnt how shaw n vihari wud fair here . I have no hopes from Rohit so it can be actually 4

Just now, sandeep said:

I know man, mutual feeling when watching with family. We are in a spot of bother where golden boys are irritating us to the core. I guess we need to be a bit more patient but I do feel Rohit is going to score in this series the way he batted. I am sure he is killing himself for playing that shot but I do at this time have more trust from Rohit to score a 50+ knock than some of the other line up. I don’t know where that confience is coming to me, but its coming.