Sign in to follow this  
Laaloo

URI

I totally agree with all the liberal comments here. 

But sorry watched it twice in theater:finger:. Loved it. Shouted slogans as well. Makes me proud.

I have also seen and tolerated Uri, Pathankot, Amarnath Yatri bus, school buses, and countless attacks on army installations not just by terrorist but also by my Indian liberal lobby. The movie also is a tribute to army's sacrifice. This does a good for PR. It is an indirect way of showing appreciation just like how liberals show their appreciation to indian state and indian army by watching aman ki nirasha, kiss pa%i ass type of movies that earn 500Crs while my army men die.

I support such movies if they are close to the truth.

The guys who do this are not supposed to talk about it in public. Everyone wants their achievement to be known even if their faces are not shown. 

Besides,in a democracy,people should know . If something is not confidential and not a danger to functioning of the forces,then it should be open.

URI.. watched it over the weekend.. loved it. 

This was a total Modi movie.. felt like he was one of the producers but I dont mind it. It is still a better movie to watch than 90% of other movies. After that movie, i watched some videos on youtube where Soldier's widow/kids/parents come to funeral.. we been seeing those so many times that it has became norm.. but family, who lost their only son or father or husband, are ruined for life. If Bajrangi Bhaijaan is one side of the story then this is also reality where we been continuously under attack. Good to watch......  

On the movie - couple of scenes were so damn powerful.. hats off to Vicky Kaushal and that little girl to pull off one of those scenes. Music was amazing also.. I wish i can find out how much of the  movie was truth.. 

--- Hows the josh???

Really avg "film" overall, and this is from someone who watches a lot of war movies, mostly Hollywood. 

The intended hero of the film is Doval played by Paresh Rawal. It looks ridiculous how the army ends up relying on basic drone type advice from a national security advisor. The antics such as the phone look childish as well. There seemed some other mistakes/liberties as well. 

I like Bollywood much more than earlier since there's a bigger range of topics and some quality available such as masaan & talwar, enjoy the mass entertainers such as 3 idiots.

The area of war/combat films still got some way to go. I would want more to be made just so the cost of a military career it brings to the families is mentioned more often, which this film does well. 

Edited by Clarke

On 1/29/2019 at 10:49 AM, veer said:

On the movie - couple of scenes were so damn powerful.. hats off to Vicky Kaushal and that little girl to pull off one of those scenes. Music was amazing also.. I wish i can find out how much of the  movie was truth.. 

--- Hows the josh???

I heard, that it was lot easier than what was shown in the movie except lot of complicated things that were not shown at all. They were in and out. PakMil had absolutely no clue and there were no radars involved.

btw i watched the movie 4 times. 

10 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Even if they are bad? 

Ye aap logo ki deshbhakti filmon se aage kyun nahi badhti?

I fully concur. I don't understand why people equate movies with patriotism.

And what Modi/Congress/'libtards'/ 'Bollylibtards' have to do with the success or failure of a movie, is something that I can't fathom.

@Laaloo @coffee_rules

Fun fact: The director of URI, Aditya Dhar, was supposed to have his directorial debut in a Fawad Khan- Katrina Kaif - Dharma Production romantic comedy. The Uri attacks happened and there was a temporary ban on Pakistani artistes, which resulted in the shelving of that project.

Dhar ended up making URI, the very reason behind the stalling of his directorial debut, and the film ended up making 200 crores. And counting.

Can we add Dhar to the pantheon of patriots now?

On 2/10/2019 at 8:46 PM, Mariyam said:

I fully concur. I don't understand why people equate movies with patriotism.

And what Modi/Congress/'libtards'/ 'Bollylibtards' have to do with the success or failure of a movie, is something that I can't fathom.

@Laaloo @coffee_rules

Fun fact: The director of URI, Aditya Dhar, was supposed to have his directorial debut in a Fawad Khan- Katrina Kaif - Dharma Production romantic comedy. The Uri attacks happened and there was a temporary ban on Pakistani artistes, which resulted in the shelving of that project.

Dhar ended up making URI, the very reason behind the stalling of his directorial debut, and the film ended up making 200 crores. And counting.

Can we add Dhar to the pantheon of patriots now?

How does it matter who makes it? Any movie maker worth his salt makes a movie showing the positive side of Indian army is seen favorably by Indian audience. Esp URI, because it was seen as a unique act by an Indian govt, gettng so much negative reaction from so called Indian intellectuals and politicians like khujliwal asking for proof. Its success is a slap in the face of such individuals.

Edited by coffee_rules