What will be target India should set for Australia?

Lead is around 165 with 7 wickets in hand. Ball turning for lyon big time from foot marks created by seamers. 2 days of play day to go but ofcourse rain need to be considered.

What sort of score India would like to set for Aussies from where:

A) They cant lose the game.

B) Enough time to take 10 Aust wickets.

Pls Note, Australia bats deep and literally has no tail.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I would still settle for a draw. We should bat t, and only gdeclare when 4 or 4.5 sessions are left. I.e declaration before tea or 1 hr before tea
Noooooooo...drawing this game will be as bad as losing. This is our game for taking and I hope we dont screw it up. With Perth next, we will be going to boxing day test 1- 1 if we win here.

19 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Noooooooo...drawing this game will be as bad as losing. This is our game for taking and I hope we dont screw it up. With Perth next, we will be going to boxing day test 1- 1 if we win here.

I would be cursing Kohli and our bowlers if aussies survive 4 sessions. Win is biproduct. Plan should be to bat as close to tea as possible. Rain can still spoil everything 

Don't see Aus chasing 250+ here, even if they had Warner and Smith. Ashwin was getting turn on day 2 itself. Also the forecast says cloudy weather for the next 2 days, with no rain. That will surely help the seamers.

The key for India is to somehow bat till tea and get close to 350.

Edited by AuxiliA