Ashwin back to bowling filth

9 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Still bowling short balls and no, those aren't deliveries where he loses control. He just bowls those short in hope of something different happening only to be hit for four by batsmen.

He is trying too hard to aim the rough. Should just stick to tighit lines and hope it happens organically but once again trying too hard and acting oversmart

8 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

True but also our batsmen have made Lyon’s figures look better as well. 3-4 wickets he got were out of pointless slogs

Not true. I have seen this argument thrown many times when Lyon does well. Lyon is accurate and keeps things simple. Gets rewarded for it. All credits to him.

3 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Not true. I have seen this argument thrown many times when Lyon does well. Lyon is accurate and keeps things simple. Gets rewarded for it. All credits to him.

I am on the same page that he has bowled better than Ashwin and has been more consistent but don’t think he deserved a 6 wicket haul. It was piss poor batting by batsmen especially born and brought up on such bowlers all their life

3 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

I am on the same page that he has bowled better than Ashwin and has been more consistent but don’t think he deserved a 6 wicket haul. It was piss poor batting by batsmen especially born and brought up on such bowlers all their life

He took wickets of Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Pant, Sharma and Shami. Only Pant's wicket looked like thrown away.  

He has landing issues. May be his action is not suited to land the ball in same area accurately. It is almost like he needs larger area on a pitch to work with. If you give him just one spot he won't be able to use it ever like say Lyon or Moeen Ali does. You need accurate bowler. Jaddu is reaonably accurate. But he is a left armer. woul have been useless. But Kuldeep could have been a handful. 

1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

He is trying too hard to aim the rough. Should just stick to tighit lines and hope it happens organically but once again trying too hard and acting oversmart

I don't think he's even trying to hit those roughs ,if he's trying then his accuracy is poor as he is hardly landing any of those deliveries on the rough 

53 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He has landing issues. May be his action is not suited to land the ball in same area accurately. It is almost like he needs larger area on a pitch to work with. If you give him just one spot he won't be able to use it ever like say Lyon or Moeen Ali does. You need accurate bowler. Jaddu is reaonably accurate. But he is a left armer. woul have been useless. But Kuldeep could have been a handful. 

Seen his bowling whole morning. There is no sign of those issues. He is deliberately bowling those length.