Please no Ashwin for the rest of this series

SK_IH

Just now, SK_IH said:

no i am expecting him to make some impact on the 5th day pitch

Sure, so am I. But only in fantasy world does a finger spinner get dropped in a test in Australia after having match figures of 5-138* (so far). We don't have a capable wrist spinner waiting to take over, so no chance of Ashwin being dropped in the graveyard of finger spinners.

4 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Sure, so am I. But only in fantasy world does a finger spinner get dropped in a test in Australia after having match figures of 5-138* (so far). We don't have a capable wrist spinner waiting to take over, so no chance of Ashwin being dropped in the graveyard of finger spinners.

thats your opinion, i hope the TM is not as naive as you seem to be

Just now, SK_IH said:

thats your opinion, i hope the TM is not as naive as you seem to be

eh ?  The fact that OZ is the graveyard of visiting finger spinners, is not an opinion, its a fact - cricinfo had an article on it recently. Murali averages 70+ there. Ajmal averages 50+  So does Swann. Harbhajan is close too. 

So 5 wickets @ less than 30 in a test = success for a finger spinner. Its just that simple. 

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

By that logic, will it be ok if India lose this test as team has never won first test in Australia?

Just now, Muloghonto said:

eh ?  The fact that OZ is the graveyard of visiting finger spinners, is not an opinion, its a fact - cricinfo had an article on it recently. Murali averages 70+ there. Ajmal averages 50+  So does Swann. Harbhajan is close too. 

So 5 wickets @ less than 30 in a test = success for a finger spinner. Its just that simple. 

This pitch is far from being graveyard. This is best condition that a finger spinner can get here and he is not making use of it. 

Just now, Trichromatic said:

By that logic, will it be ok if India lose this test as team has never won first test in Australia?

Irrelevant comparison. India losing from a position of 120 runs ahead with 3 wickets left does not mean you drop the finger spinner who's gone above expectation. Last i checked, this bowling attack is not a spin quartet of offies and slow left arm orthodox bowlers.

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

why not try a wrist spinner if we have one especially given the fact Ashwin is a perennial failure overseas

Just now, SK_IH said:

why not try a wrist spinner if we have one especially given the fact Ashwin is a perennial failure overseas

Because our wrist spinner is a big fat zero in the longer format of the game. That is why. He is there in the team incase we deciede to go 5 bowlers with 2 spinners based on pitch condition. Or if Ashwin gets injured. Thats it.

1 minute ago, Trichromatic said:

Swann picked a 5-fer and 7-161 against better line up at Adelaide when pitch wasn't graveyard.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/13062/scorecard/428750/australia-vs-england-2nd-test-england-tour-of-australia-2010-11

Um ok. Still does not change the fact that Sydney is the best pitch for spinners on that continent. And 7-161 isn't too much better than 5-140*