Pujara, what a performance!

zen

194 runs in the game .... top scorer in both the innings .... the difference b/w the two sides .... and architect of a rare win in the 1st test of a series in SENA 

:hatsoff:

A write up by Chappell

"The fact that this year Pujara has scored centuries in both England and Australia in demanding circumstances is a sign that he is maturing into a reliable performer in all conditions"

Amazing performance. I think everyone here had accepted that he was on the decline and with his fitness issues his end seems near especially in the new setup with Shastri and Kohli preferring aggressive cricketers. He had a horrid county season but i think he is learning how to play in overseas conditions.

The way he has come is simply amazing and I really wish he carries on for the rest of the series.

He is just below 31 so he has good 3-4 years to give.Keep playing long form cricket and play county and just keep scoring.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

I thought game was over in the first session itself. This was probably the best innings played by an Indian overseas since the retirement of fab 4.

couldnt agree more, one of better innings overseas by indian. last time it was Dravid who won us with twin efforts at Adelaide, this time its Pujara. Hope he continues his form

1 minute ago, fineleg said:

Pujara was very good here, but Dravid was a class apart. (incl Dravid 4th inn Adelaide and many such overseas knocks of RD)

Dravid did it multiple times in England and Aus did not have a pace trio to drive home the advantage.  But I expect a sharp change in fortunes for pujara

:hatsoff:

The Indian batting really needs to get stable.

Pujara has nailed the #3 spot for now. Virat at #4.

Rahane played a very good second innings. Hope he has a great game at Perth and solidify the #5 spot.

Rahul had an okay 2nd innings. Hope Shaw and Rahul nail down the openers slots by the end of the series.