What if we won the toss for all 8 tests in South Africa and England this year?

SecondSlip

32 minutes ago, nevada said:

What if Pujara had not scored a century in the first innings? We would have probably been all out for double figures and lost the match in an embarrassing manner. So "what ifs" can go either way.

Pujara batted for around 300 balls?  In first and second innings together.  300 events where he did not get out. Virat lost 7 tosses. 7 events.  

It's not the same probability. Not comparable. 

Of India won more tosses results would have been different for sure. 

34 minutes ago, nevada said:

What if Pujara had not scored a century in the first innings? We would have probably been all out for double figures and lost the match in an embarrassing manner. So "what ifs" can go either way.

Pujara batted for around 300 balls?  In first and second innings together.  300 events where he did not get out. Virat lost 7 tosses. 7 events.  

It's not the same probability. Not comparable. 

Of India won more tosses results would have been different for sure. 

We would have won more tests easily ,I have said this before ,the Indian batsmen go in a shell under any sort of scoreboard pressure when batting second or last ,they just dint play freely as compared to when they bat first. 

Nowadays almost all the teams are toss dependent 

Most probably. Having  said that it should not happen at all. Then what is the purpose of playing itself?  Winning tosses should even out generally. That's why  i finds ENG's recent records a bit inflated. Won lots of tosses and there by matches. In ind,  vs IND in ENG , in SL they  won most of the tosses.

In SA may be, not in Eng. In Eng more than toss, Sam Curran was the difference and Ind batting bar Kohli was in poor form 
Batting first Tail Always Scores more rather than chasing under pressure.If India Won Toss It Easily would have been 4-1

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, CG said:

Batting first Tail Always Scores more rather than chasing under pressure.If India Won Toss It Easily would have been 4-1

really did you watch yesterday's match ? last 4 wickets scored close to 140 runs 

really did you watch yesterday's match ? last 4 wickets scored close to 140 runs 
Adelaide wicket generally slows down and Becomes Good For batting.India Almost Chased 350 last time.In Modern Cricket Toss is Huge Hardly Anybody Can Chase 220+

34 minutes ago, CG said:

Adelaide wicket generally slows down and Becomes Good For batting.India Almost Chased 350 last time.In Modern Cricket Toss is Huge Hardly Anybody Can Chase 220+

just in context of that ENG series, you couldnt be suer if we batted fisrt all tests we would have won. Toss plays a role but not when reasons for defeats were much deeper.