The real problem with the most established spinner in the world

Cricketics

Problem with Ashwin is he is overqualified dude. Yes he is so over freakin qualified that he likes to try too many things on the same day and he forgets that we need to pick a wicket and win rather than see his artistic skills with the hands.

He will do his different style of Bharat Natyam

and come up with new ways of ohs and aas and display legendary out of the world skills without hurting the oppositions.

He just needs to stick to one plan than try so much shyt at once. I mean who the eff is he trying to impress? This is not under 19 camp where he must impress the coach. He is an established bowler. Just stick to the plan and not try random shyt. 

Agreed. He was trying a bit too hard in the end. Bowled well in patches - the patch of play leading to khwaja's dismissal was his highpoint in this match. It is sometimes a curse to have too many of these variations.

With so many lefties int he Aussie line-up, India must consider playing Kuldeep as the lone spinner - surely its worth for the surprise factor alone. They will take a innings or two to start pickign him...

10 minutes ago, Pandya_Power said:

Agreed. He was trying a bit too hard in the end. Bowled well in patches - the patch of play leading to khwaja's dismissal was his highpoint in this match. It is sometimes a curse to have too many of these variations.

With so many lefties int he Aussie line-up, India must consider playing Kuldeep as the lone spinner - surely its worth for the surprise factor alone. They will take a innings or two to start pickign him...

Honestly he has exceeded my expectations after taking 3fer in the first inning, but today all his overs had 3 good balls followed by a losener short ball which allowed Cummins to get away easily and that is what was pathetic to watch.

Had Jadeja been there, he won’t have let those singles come that easily. He is way to consistent with his line compared to Ashwin. Thisnis where Jadeja must be playing ahead of Ashwin. And if we want to atrack than Kuldeep is the better option.

59 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Problem with Ashwin is he is overqualified dude. Yes he is so over freakin qualified that he likes to try too many things on the same day and he forgets that we need to pick a wicket and win rather than see his artistic skills with the hands.

He will do his different style of Bharat Natyam

and come up with new ways of ohs and aas and display legendary out of the world skills without hurting the oppositions.

He just needs to stick to one plan than try so much shyt at once. I mean who the eff is he trying to impress? This is not under 19 camp where he must impress the coach. He is an established bowler. Just stick to the plan and not try random shyt. 

I mentioned this in the match thread also - I think he feels he is too good to take the easy route of just landing the ball in the rough every ball. He tries to "do it his way" with all kinds of variations and ends up screwing the team in the process. We are lucky we had a big run cushion in the fourth innings. With such shitty bowling, a 230-250 score would have been chased down with plenty of wickets to spare. 

9 minutes ago, nevada said:

I mentioned this in the match thread also - I think he feels he is too good to take the easy route of just landing the ball in the rough every ball. He tries to "do it his way" with all kinds of variations and ends up screwing the team in the process. We are lucky we had a big run cushion in the fourth innings. With such shitty bowling, a 230-250 score would have been chased down with plenty of wickets to spare. 

Yes, would have been real scary had we not taken the 15 run lead and scored even less than what we did.

Eventually that. 15 run lead came pretty handy in the end.

Ashwin bowled way too many overs on the last day withoit any impact. Yes at times you will be unlicky but one should stick to the plan at least which Ashwin did not. 

Ashwin's stats in the match: 34-9-57-3 and 52.5-13-93-3 .  87 overs for 149 runs and 6 wickets

Lyon's stats: 28-2-83-2 and 42-7-122-6. 70 overs, 205 runs and 8 wickets.

Ashwin's was the best performance by a visiting spinner in Australia in recent times. He did miss out on picking up a 5-er on the last day though. Played the role of a support bowler holding one end up. Not sure if that was the plan or happened as he was not as threatening as he should have been.

20 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Ashwin's stats in the match: 34-9-57-3 and 52.5-13-93-3 .  87 overs for 149 runs and 6 wickets

Lyon's stats: 28-2-83-2 and 42-7-122-6. 70 overs, 205 runs and 8 wickets.

Ashwin's was the best performance by a visiting spinner in Australia in recent times. He did miss out on picking up a 5-er on the last day though. Played the role of a support bowler holding one end up. Not sure if that was the plan or happened as he was not as threatening as he should have been.

Ashwin played his role choking up the runs... As long as he holds up one end, we should be ok