Let's talk Perth

Too many days of no cricket, let's start picking the 11 for Perth. My X1

Shaw, KL Rahul, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Rohit, Pant, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Ishant, Bumrah

I want Vihari for Rohit, but pretty sure Coahli will not drop him after just one test.

Bhuvi for Shami, only to rest the septuagenarian and strengthen the batting. 

Coahli will ring in the five bowler theory , I think.  That's hara-kiri, and will surrender the series right away.

rahul - for slip catching and opening 

shaw/ vijay - prefer vijay as he is batting well and need someone besides pujara to grind down bowlers 

kohli

rahane

pujara 

pant

ash/ jadu - if uneven pitch jaddu. if flat pitch ash , given ashwins batting i prefer him. expect a 100 from ask this tour . 

b kumar/ yadav - yadav is needed for tailenders i feel . either ways if u want tailenders to not score then keep bowlers fresh or have a chinamen wristy - my vote goes to yadav 

sharma shami bumrah 

no rohit please . send him to nz a tour , mars or jupiter . only odi for him please . little t20 too

prefer to have a fourth seamer who can bat - 

rahul is still not convincing but his slip catching much needed 

vihari - i feel bad as he narrowly misses out . 

parthiw - stand in reserve keeper , reserve batter . do admire this guys batting and being a left hander he is v useful . good player to have in the den .. never underperformed in batting

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Too many days of no cricket, let's start picking the 11 for Perth. My X1

Shaw, KL Rahul, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Rohit, Pant, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Ishant, Bumrah

I want Vihari for Rohit, but pretty sure Coahli will not drop him after just one test.

Bhuvi for Shami, only to rest the septuagenarian and strengthen the batting. 

Coahli will ring in the five bowler theory , I think.  That's hara-kiri, and will surrender the series right away.

One change - Shaw in for Vijay. 

Australia are looking to add curry and spice to the Perth wicket it will be bouncey as fcuk.

Basically it will be who has the better batting order.

Despite the Adelaide result, I think Australia will bat better. They also bat deep. If King Kohli, Pujara get out early India could be in trouble.

19 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Australia are looking to add curry and spice to the Perth wicket it will be bouncey as fcuk.

Basically it will be who has the better batting order.

Despite the Adelaide result, I think Australia will bat better. They also bat deep. If King Kohli, Pujara get out early India could be in trouble.

Don't think negative.  Its time to go for the kill.  Attack the weak, under pressure aus  batting with full strength bowling.  Anyway, Replacing a Vijay with Bhuvi isn't giving up too much on the batting front.  

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Don't think negative.  Its time to go for the kill.  Attack the weak, under pressure aus  batting with full strength bowling.  Anyway, Replacing a Vijay with Bhuvi isn't giving up too much on the batting front.  

Agree.

I would love this move. Its bloody aggressive imo.

A 4 pace bowling attack with Ashwin able to lock up one end all day almost is exciting.

Still want Vihari in for Hitman.

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

Agree.

I would love this move. Its bloody aggressive imo.

A 4 pace bowling attack with Ashwin able to lock up one end all day almost is exciting.

Still want Vihari in for Hitman.

Case for Vihari weakens with 5 bowlers, and FWIW, Hitman does have what it takes to handle pace & bounce.  Might as well gamble on him, and have him take on the risk of opening.  Bit unfair to throw Vihari into the cauldron IMO.  

Hardik Pandya the test cricketer has his flaws, but this game is almost tailormade for a player like him.  We could have swapped him in for Brohit.

Edited by sandeep