Rahane is poised to 'go big' in the rest of the series

sandeep

He still looked a bit scratchy at times in Adelaide.  Especially against Lyon.  But barring Sydney, the rest of the tracks are not going to be anywhere near as helpful to Lyon. And I saw enough in Rahane's batting to get this gut feeling.  I think he's going to end up as the top scorer for the series.  

Edited by sandeep
27 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

I thought this after his 50 in deadly Joburg wicket and his good score in Trent Bridge but he just continued to be mediocre. If we can get him, Pujara and Kohli clicking together we will be unstoppable overseas. 

Don't need all of them to click together, 2 will do.  Key is the bowlers.  If this unit stays together, stays fit for 3-4 years, we could have a proper reign at #1.  

35 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I picked him as the highest scorer. Hopefully he won’t disappoint. 

At their best there are no better 3-4-5 than Pujara-Kohli-Rahane.

I feel like the pace and bounce in Aus really play into his strengths as a batsman.  He is really comfortable at hitting good balls for 4 off the back-foot.  If he gets past 25 at Perth, he's going to set the game up with a nice 100, like Pujara set up Adelaide.  I can't wait.

48 minutes ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

On the contrary he has played his quota innings of the series ala wasim jaffer.Now he will sleep for the next matches and be backed up by statements like 'we all know his class' by team management.If i'm proved wrong i'll be ecstatic but i fear that is not to be.

If you are comparing Rahane to Jaffer, then you are exposing yourself as a scorecard analyst.  There is simply no comparison there.

1 hour ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

On the contrary he has played his quota innings of the series ala wasim jaffer.Now he will sleep for the next matches and be backed up by statements like 'we all know his class' by team management.If i'm proved wrong i'll be ecstatic but i fear that is not to be.

This has been the case in every series for the past two years, scores in one innings than goes MIA. The eternal passenger @Global.Baba

1 hour ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

Well he's better than jaffer,but the principle remains the same.Make 1 score ,then fail whole series.His time is up.

Let's agree to disagree.

57 minutes ago, diga said:

+1 ... 3 scores > 50 out 8 innings will change my rating of Rahane

Fair expectation - I think he'll meet that.

14 hours ago, sandeep said:

He still looked a bit scratchy at times in Adelaide.  Especially against Lyon.  But barring Sydney, the rest of the tracks are not going to be anywhere near as helpful to Lyon. And I saw enough in Rahane's batting to get this gut feeling.  I think he's going to end up as the top scorer for the series.  

yep was thinking same perth n melbourne shud suit him and sydney 1st innings to. N if he can get runs in 2nd innings of

well who knws can do well in sydney to 

2 hours ago, raki05 said:

So before in eng and sa series, he was not poised. Player like him should keep their mouth shut and play until the series over.

but he only played 1 game in Sa and played a very crucial knock

And england tour thats just one bad overseas tour in his entire career, thats ok. In that also he has 1-2 good scores. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
14 hours ago, sandeep said:

Perth is abrasive surface will take spin according to d Jones.

If we are to win this series our middle order of Kohli-Rahane-Pujara has to do the heavy lifting and I am talking about multiple/big 100s

Pujara some time back was playing fighting 50s but was never able to go beyond. But this year he has played a couple of knocks where it looked like he will barely reach 100 and he kicked up a higher gear and farmed the strike nicely with the tail to score big 100s.