Latest from Perth: Ashwin and Rohit out of 2nd test

Cricketics

Rohit Sharma and R Ashwin have been ruled out of the second Test against Australia in Perth, it was confirmed on Thursday (December 13). While Rohit jarred his back while fielding in the first Test, the offspinner is struggling with an abdominal strain on his left side.

Prithvi Shaw, who missed the first Test because of an ankle injury, continues to recover and will miss this Test as well.

Team from: Virat Kohli (c), M Vijay, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Hanuma Vihari, Rishabh Pant (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Umesh Yadav.

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/105595/australia-vs-india-2nd-test-perth-cricket-rohit-sharma-r-ashwin-prithvi-shaw-ruled-out-virat-kohli-umesh-yadav-bhuvneshwar-kumar

Just now, R.D forever said:

Ashwin is a big loss especially with lefties in the Aus side. I would go with umesh or Bhuvi instead of Jadeja

Kuldeep is also not a bad option and he is no mug with the bat either.. Jadega against barrage of lefties is not gud option..

9 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

I hope the Indian curators remember this pitch and prepare a pitch next time that turns sideways from ball 1.

Indians do much better on flattish tracks these days,  as half our batters cannot play spin.

Remember the first test against Australia in 2017, when we lost to them on a rank turner ... and defeated the Aussies in the last test of that series in Dharamsala, on a green bouncy track.

4 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Maybe we will see 3 changes in side. Umesh for Shami, Bhuvi/Vihari for Rohit & Jadeja for Ashwin.

Shami's not unfit, else he'd be added to this list, at least logically. Why drop him, he's a key wicket taker. 

I hope Vihari plays on the green top with 4 quicks, whoever looks better between Yadav & Bhuvi in nets should be the 4th seamer.

More like Kohli's ass is on fire after the recent statement from Edulji. The team selection is spot on. :lol:

They need to be bit more careful with playing Jadeja though. He is not any improvement over Ashwin. If it's absolute certain that spin comes into picture, then only he should play. 

I will call it now, but team selection will dictate the result of this game.

India of all teams cannot afford to take in sick or injured players to a game.

India wont make major wholesale changes, Vihari for Hitman and Bhuvi for Ashwin is logical.

Jadeja/Kuldeep for Vijay is something from left field but would never happen. Vijay is a walking wicket in Perth.