Jadeja or Bhuvi for Perth?

sandeep

Jadeja or Bhuvi?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to pick one out of the 2, assuming Vihari plays at #6, who should play at Perth?

• Ravindra 'Sword-dance Rajput Boy' Jadeja
    • Bhuvi 'Nice boi swings it big' Kumar

49 minutes ago, sandeep said:
  1. Its not a Dukes ball.  
  2. They are likely to shave off most of the grass before the toss.

Its a tough call.  Could go either way.  

Meh, he showed in SA he can bowl well on wickets with bounce even when it doesnt swing a lot. He even bounced out batsmen and reversed plus seamed the ball

15 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Vihari Bhuvi. Drop a batsman KLR or Vijay. open with talent..he can't do worse thanthe openers. 

Talent is ruled out due to injury.  How about - 

KL Rahul

Parthiv Patel

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Vihari

Jadeja

Bhuvi

Ishant

Shami

Bumrah.

Patel has proven himself to be a more reliable batsman than Pant.  And he can slot in at the top, allowing us to pay Vihari at #6 as well.  

Obviously with the declared 13, Patel is out of the question, but I think this would be India's best XI for Perth, all things considered.

Edited by sandeep

I would go with Umesh. He sucked balls in the limited overs. But his last test match return was 10 wicket haul on a not so fast bowler friendly pitch. Bhuvi is a different bowler than others. He doesn't use much of shoulder as others. He is like fast bowling version of Ashwin. He just floats on a good length hoping the ball to catch the edge. If you camp on the backfoot you can negotiate him all day.

11 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Talent is ruled out due to injury.  How about - 

KL Rahul

Parthiv Patel

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Vihari

Jadeja

Bhuvi

Ishant

Shami

Bumrah.

Patel has proven himself to be a more reliable batsman than Pant.  And he can slot in at the top, allowing us to pay Vihari at #6 as well.  

Obviously with the declared 13, Patel is out of the question, but I think this would be India's best XI for Perth, all things considered.

I'd rather have Rahul keep wickets than Patel. Not even joking.

12 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I would go with Umesh. He sucked balls in the limited overs. But his last test match return was 10 wicket haul on a not so fast bowler friendly pitch. Bhuvi is a different bowler than others. He doesn't use much of shoulder as others. He is like fast bowling version of Ashwin. He just floats on a good length hoping the ball to catch the edge. If you camp on the backfoot you can negotiate him all day.

Umesh has a strong case.  Bit of risk due to his lack of bowling nous, and occasional tendency to leak runs, but he has shown a lot of improvement over the last few years.  The fact that the team announced 13 instead of 12, with Umesh in it, tells me that they are not confident of Bhuvi's fitness and rhythm.  As much as I love Bhuvi, if he isn't 100% fit and in rhythm, then he rides the bench.