Did the Australian media fool Team India about the Perth pitch?

SecondSlip

Kohli and Shastri often get fooled by opposition media. No way Aussies would have played on juicy track knowing the ability of our pacers. They just left green tringe and our over-excited team management fielded 4 pacers. We should have gone either of Jadeja or Kuldeep here in place of Umesh. 

5 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Calm down. We are done with the first session only. With so much grass and the small history of this ground, not a bad decision to go with 4 pacers.

We did not bowl as well as we should have in the first hour, Have pulled things back in the last hour.

It's hot and good for batting. If one of the pacer gets injured bowling long overs, then what will we say about "phasst bowling captain".

12 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Calm down. We are done with the first session only. With so much grass and the small history of this ground, not a bad decision to go with 4 pacers.

We did not bowl as well as we should have in the first hour, Have pulled things back in the last hour.

No green demons in the pitch.

5 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

It's hot and good for batting. If one of the pacer gets injured bowling long overs, then what will we say about "phasst bowling captain".

First test pitch was also a Patta wicket so said so many here. Turned out to be very different. Pacers will bowl 82-83 overs between themselves (rest bowled by Vijay/Vihari). That is 20-21 overs a day each, not really long overs rather standard expectations.

1 minute ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

First test pitch was also a Patta wicket so said so many here. Turned out to be very different. Pacers will bowl 82-83 overs between themselves (rest bowled by Vijay/Vihari). That is 20-21 overs a day each, not really long overs rather standard expectations.

If I say something and proven wrong then it doesn't matter because I have never played international cricket.

But if a captain with 70+ tests experience and coach with 30 years of cricketing experience is wrong then their abilities have to be questioned.

1 minute ago, Trichromatic said:

If I say something and proven wrong then it doesn't matter because I have never played international cricket.

But if a captain with 70+ tests experience and coach with 30 years of cricketing experience is wrong then their abilities have to be questioned.

All I am saying is we have had one session. Not enough to make any judgments. But whatever makes you feel better. No point going on and on. :top:

3 hours ago, SecondSlip said:

There was so much hype about the pitch at Perth that it will be a paradise for pace bowlers. However, it looks like a typical Aussie drop in patta. 

Did Kohli and Shastri get fooled by the media?

does not make a diff. Aus won toss and batted first...

I think given injuries we are playing out best 11.

12 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

does not make a diff. Aus won toss and batted first...

I think given injuries we are playing out best 11.

Best 11 for the conditions ? I'm not watching, just reading Cricinfo hear & there. If Vihari almost got 2 wickets, Jadeja would have been a godsend.

1 hour ago, Clarke said:

Best 11 for the conditions ? I'm not watching, just reading Cricinfo hear & there. If Vihari almost got 2 wickets, Jadeja would have been a godsend.

Vihari is a decent bowler ,can outbowl our so called great spinners in SENA conditions