Sign in to follow this  
SecondSlip

Did the Australian media fool Team India about the Perth pitch?

Kohli and Shastri often get fooled by opposition media. No way Aussies would have played on juicy track knowing the ability of our pacers. They just left green tringe and our over-excited team management fielded 4 pacers. We should have gone either of Jadeja or Kuldeep here in place of Umesh. 

Calm down. We are done with the first session only. With so much grass and the small history of this ground, not a bad decision to go with 4 pacers.

We did not bowl as well as we should have in the first hour, Have pulled things back in the last hour.

5 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Calm down. We are done with the first session only. With so much grass and the small history of this ground, not a bad decision to go with 4 pacers.

We did not bowl as well as we should have in the first hour, Have pulled things back in the last hour.

It's hot and good for batting. If one of the pacer gets injured bowling long overs, then what will we say about "phasst bowling captain".

12 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

No green demons in the pitch.

5 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

It's hot and good for batting. If one of the pacer gets injured bowling long overs, then what will we say about "phasst bowling captain".

First test pitch was also a Patta wicket so said so many here. Turned out to be very different. Pacers will bowl 82-83 overs between themselves (rest bowled by Vijay/Vihari). That is 20-21 overs a day each, not really long overs rather standard expectations.

1 minute ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

First test pitch was also a Patta wicket so said so many here. Turned out to be very different. Pacers will bowl 82-83 overs between themselves (rest bowled by Vijay/Vihari). That is 20-21 overs a day each, not really long overs rather standard expectations.

If I say something and proven wrong then it doesn't matter because I have never played international cricket.

But if a captain with 70+ tests experience and coach with 30 years of cricketing experience is wrong then their abilities have to be questioned.

1 minute ago, Trichromatic said:

If I say something and proven wrong then it doesn't matter because I have never played international cricket.

But if a captain with 70+ tests experience and coach with 30 years of cricketing experience is wrong then their abilities have to be questioned.

All I am saying is we have had one session. Not enough to make any judgments. But whatever makes you feel better. No point going on and on. :top:

3 hours ago, SecondSlip said:

There was so much hype about the pitch at Perth that it will be a paradise for pace bowlers. However, it looks like a typical Aussie drop in patta. 

Did Kohli and Shastri get fooled by the media?

does not make a diff. Aus won toss and batted first...

I think given injuries we are playing out best 11.

12 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

does not make a diff. Aus won toss and batted first...

I think given injuries we are playing out best 11.

Best 11 for the conditions ? I'm not watching, just reading Cricinfo hear & there. If Vihari almost got 2 wickets, Jadeja would have been a godsend.

1 hour ago, Clarke said:

Best 11 for the conditions ? I'm not watching, just reading Cricinfo hear & there. If Vihari almost got 2 wickets, Jadeja would have been a godsend.

Vihari is a decent bowler ,can outbowl our so called great spinners in SENA conditions 

5 hours ago, Lala said:

They are anyway fools, no need to fool them deliberately :cantstop: 

#foolsinlifetime :cantstop:

but the biggest fools seem to  come from Pakistan. Inzamam ,who despite foreseeing the fact that  Pakistan is going to lose a home series to NZL selected his nephew Imam for opening. Aamer Sohail,Rameez Raja etc etc despite  knowing the fact   that it is going to damage PAkistan's cricket legacy, proclaims in public that  prime minister Kaptaan sahib was a chronic ball tamperor. These are all acts of

'cutting the trunk one himself is sitting' .

They shaved the grass off before the match. All the hype was happening before the match. Right before the toss they had the chance to read the pitch. But in all honesty not even Australian cricketers of the past had no clue how it would behave. Everything was a guess work. THey were able to extract something even from Adelaide oval. I believe our bowlers can do the same in this pitch as well (except against the tail may be). 

Shastri and Kohli have screwe*d up selection number of times, they have no idea how to select a team. This is becoming a big problem , not having a spinner and essentially having a long tail is asking for trouble.

Selecting Yadav makes no sense, he has no sense of direction, we already have spray gun in Shami why add a spray gun worse than him.

These two mor*ons are costing India big time by their idiotic selections.Aussie press always plays 12th man for their team and it is no surprise they hyped this pitch so much.

Edited by putrevus

The pitch has lived up to the expectation. Not unplayable, but enough for pacers. It is eerily similar to the Capetown pitch. I think we have conceeded too many runs already in the 1st innings just like that Capetown match. I don't think we will able to cross 150, even once on this pitch 

7 minutes ago, Insidious said:

The pitch has lived up to the expectation. Not unplayable, but enough for pacers. It is eerily similar to the Capetown pitch. I think we have conceeded too many runs already in the 1st innings just like that Capetown match. I don't think we will able to cross 150, even once on this pitch 

Capetown pitch had a lot for seamers.

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

They shaved the grass off before the match. All the hype was happening before the match. Right before the toss they had the chance to read the pitch. But in all honesty not even Australian cricketers of the past had no clue how it would behave. Everything was a guess work. THey were able to extract something even from Adelaide oval. I believe our bowlers can do the same in this pitch as well (except against the tail may be). 

Not entirely true.  If the pitch was as much of a green mamba as the hype, aus would have tweaked their lineup.  

Not picking Jadeja here is criminal - this much was obvious.  Banjo, as big a bhuvi fan I am, I was advocating picking Jaddu in a 4 man attack.  If Vihari can "bounce out" a batsman, Jaddu would have terrorized these guys.  

And he wasn't picked for Umesh?  I mean seriously? If Yadav doesn't pull his **** together and bowl significantly better the rest of the test, I think he's ruled himself out for future away tests.  Its time to turn the page and get the likes of Siraj in.  

2 hours ago, Insidious said:

Cape town had steep bounce from lengths and seam movement after pitching was prodigious. It's not as exaggerated here as it was in Cape town but let's see how the pitch plays in the next couple of days it the cracks widen underneath 

Just now, Adi BB said:

Don't think so mate. Both are spinnere are overrated and Aussies have too many lefties w

For some reason Jaddu gets terribly under-rated.

We don't even give him a chance.

Jaddu has a great record against lefties.

Vihari was solid and got bounce but it's hard not to wonder that if he does well, what a proper spinner might do. Vihari averages 37 in first class with 22 wickets in 46 innings.