Ravi Shastri’s comments were childish and immature, says Gautam Gambhir

Switchblade

https://www.crictracker.com/ravi-shastris-comments-were-childish-and-immature-says-gautam-gambhir/

Gautam Gambhir has been making the headlines since announcing his retirement from the game. He is never afraid to mince his words and criticised MS Dhoni‘s captaincy in 2012 recently. The left-hander has now hit back at the Indian head coach Ravi Shastri for his ‘best touring team ever’ comment. Shastri had earlier claimed that the current Indian team under Virat Kohli is the best team ever to play away from home.

lg.php?bannerid=0&campaignid=0&zoneid=41

The coach received a lot of flak for his comments but he maintained his stance even as Team India lost the five-match Test series against by 4-1. Many former Indian cricketers weren’t pleased with him and now even Gambhir has termed his statements as childish and immature. He also claimed that Shastri hasn’t seen enough cricket else he wouldn’t have made such comments.

“I’m sure people wouldn’t have taken this seriously. I’m sure he must not have seen enough cricket. If he had he seen enough cricket, he wouldn’t have given that statement,” he said while speaking to Cricket Next.

You have to stay humble

Gautam Gambhir was also of the opinion that even if India had won the Test series in England, such kind of statements shouldn’t come and one should stay humble while always looking to improve. “It was very childish. Even if you had won 4-1, you won’t say this is the best Indian team touring abroad. You would still stay humble and say we want to take this, we want to go forward, we want to keep improving. You wouldn’t say this is the best Indian team ever overseas. This is childish,” the 37-year-old added.

The Delhi cricketer also termed Shastri’s comments as immature and also went on to say that he wouldn’t have taken it seriously either. “I’m sure people wouldn’t have taken this seriously. I don’t know about other people but I didn’t take it seriously because it was a very immature statement,” the flamboyant left-hander who served Indian cricket for close to 15 years signed off.

“I’m sure that people who haven’t won anything give these kinds of statements. I don’t know what Shastri has achieved in his career apart from winning the World Championship in Australia. I don’t think he was a part of an overseas series win. If you haven’t won anything yourself, you end up giving this kind of statement.

18 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Gambhir, it is not like you did something great in your career away from India, please keep quiet.

He batted 600+ mins to save a test match resulting in narrow win over NZ 1-0. 

Scored 93 and 64 in third test match in South AFrica, made sure series was draw 1-1.

He just had really horrible tours when we lost 0-4 and 0-4, hardly anyone scored in those series. 

Edited by wanted_desi
32 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

“I’m sure that people who haven’t won anything give these kinds of statements. I don’t know what Shastri has achieved in his career apart from winning the World Championship in Australia. I don’t think he was a part of an overseas series win. If you haven’t won anything yourself, you end up giving this kind of statement.

Ye thoda zyaada ho gaya, zarurat nhin thi iski 

the guy scored a 200 in aus in an innings as opener, not a mean achievement 

Aus- 55

Pak - 43 (against that attak)

Eng - 33

WI -33 ( against that attack not bad) 

with his mediocre talent , thats good stuff 

21 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

Whole ICF was bothered by his comments. If you make stupid statements like that, you will be called in any sport. Its just we got too many ex players, who are afraid to speak their mind on few things. 

Why is it stupid, he told what felt why is it wrong.He is not wrong either, this Indian team has competed better than other Indian teams. Which Indian team had to travel these tough tours and fought this hard.

Gambhir calling him as some nobody is ridiculous. Shastri acheived more as a test player than Gambhir .Gambhir who other than his purple patch was a nobody and ended his career as nobody.

Gambhir comes across a bitter person hurling personal remarks about Shastri the player.

Edited by putrevus
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

yeah right ,one innings will make him authority. Shastri as coach then won three matches in SENA in a year which has been never done in Indian history.

What gambhir has done none of the great has done not even kohli. Scored all important finals (07 WC and 11 WC)which India won. Shastri is not fit to tie gambhir's servant shoeless.

50 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ye thoda zyaada ho gaya, zarurat nhin thi iski 

the guy scored a 200 in aus in an innings as opener, not a mean achievement 

Aus- 55

Pak - 43 (against that attak)

Eng - 33

WI -33 ( against that attack not bad) 

with his mediocre talent , thats good stuff 

Leave alone trying to put numbers to anull that statement, but the statement itself reeks of so much arrogance, which even Shastri will be proud of.

40 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Why is it stupid, he told what felt why is it wrong.He is not wrong either, this Indian team has competed better than other Indian teams. Which Indian team had to travel these tough tours and fought this hard.

Gambhir calling him as some nobody is ridiculous. Shastri acheived more as a test player than Gambhir .Gambhir who other than his purple patch was a nobody and ended his career as nobody.

Gambhir comes across a bitter person hurling personal remarks about Shastri the player.

But how have they competed better than previous teams?

They just got smashed 4-1 in Eng, even so-called lesser teams have not lost this heavily. Defeated easily in SA and only won a dead rubber. There is nothing much to get excited about with this current lot if you look past the empty bravdo of dumb and dumber.

Poor choice of words from Gambhir. Shastri didn’t win an overseas as a player so as a coach he is not qualified to talk about overseas tournaments!! Weird statement. Kirsten never won a WC as a player, we did end up winning a WC under him as a coach. 

Using Gambo’s own logic, he should not be talking about captaincy at all as he himself hardly captained India. Doesn’t work that way.