Ind ATG 11 batting

zen

9 hours ago, zen said:

If we know how test matches work, the strategies you use to score, etc., then there is not much to explain is it :winky:

And to create some more sleepless nights for you:

View overall figures [change view]
Primary team India remove India from query or West Indies remove West Indies from query
Opposition team Australia remove Australia from query or England remove England from query or India remove India from query or New Zealand remove New Zealand from query or Pakistan remove Pakistan from query or South Africa remove South Africa from query or Sri Lankaremove Sri Lanka from query or West Indies remove West Indies from query
Involving any of the players AA Donald (SA) remove AA Donald (SA) from query or GD McGrath (AUS) remove GD McGrath (AUS) from query or M Muralitharan (ICC/SL) remove M Muralitharan (ICC/SL) from query or SM Pollock (SA)remove SM Pollock (SA) from query or Waqar Younis (PAK) remove Waqar Younis (PAK) from query or SK Warne (AUS) remove SK Warne (AUS) from query or Wasim Akram (PAK) remove Wasim Akram (PAK) from query
Ordered by runs scored (descending)
Page 1 of 4 Showing 1 - 50 of 168   First pageFirst Previous pagePrevious Next Next page Last Last page dblBakArwB.gifReturn to query menu
dblBakArwW.gifCleared query menu
Overall figures
Player Span Mat Inns NO RunsDescending HS Ave 100 50 0  
BC Lara (WI) 1990-2005 58 108 3 5253 277 50.02 14 22 6 investigate this query
SR Tendulkar (INDIA) 1989-2010 58 97 5 3995 177 43.42 14 16 6

Tendulkar needs 1258 runs more in 11 innings :orderorder:

If you know how Test series work, it shouldn't be too hard to explain that runs scored in live Tests mean much more than the ones in dead rubbers. If doing far better in dead rubbers compared to live Tests was part of a strategy then it must have been a pretty atrocious strategy in the first place :phehe:. And it has been proved clear cut that against the great ATG pairs of the 90s overall, Tendulkar >> Lara comfortably in live Tests. Even in terms of their overall records against non-minnows in live Tests,

Tendulkar has 13K+ runs at 51+

Lara has 9K+ runs at 48+

None of that is gonna change no matter how many dodgy filters you use on Statsguru leaving out specific bowlers for strategic reasons :winky:.

4 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

The All Time India XI was just an excuse. The OP wanted to take a dump on Indian batsmen's (mostly Tendulkar) record while using inconsistent filters against different sides :phehe:. Too bad it backfired badly like that useless Avg*SR stat in the other thread.

I understand that Tendulkar may have brought some joy to your life. And you may feel that you owe him something and have to defend him in every thread .... But assuming that every thread is a conspiracy (and when one can just start a Lara vs Tendulkar thread to discuss the topic if needed) is dumb .... would recommend getting your head checked for the paranoia  :dontknow:

On the Indian batsmen collectively, I do feel that we should have at least lost less, considering we had many of our ATGs playing together, which is why it is being discussed .... Again no reason for you to act as if your pants are on fire when such topics are discussed

3 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

If you know how Test series work, it shouldn't be too hard to explain that runs scored in live Tests mean much more than the ones in dead rubbers. If doing far better in dead rubbers compared to live Tests was part of a strategy then it must have been a pretty atrocious strategy in the first place :phehe:. And it has been proved clear cut that against the great ATG pairs of the 90s overall, Tendulkar >> Lara comfortably in live Tests. Even in terms of their overall records against non-minnows in live Tests,

Tendulkar has 13K+ runs at 51+

Lara has 9K+ runs at 48+

None of that is gonna change no matter how many dodgy filters you use on Statsguru leaving out specific bowlers for strategic reasons :winky:.

Keep dreaming! :lol:  

Edited by zen
9 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

Always remember, OP is the inventor of RPT to bring sachin down. There is no amount of ridiculousness or tactics he will try for this end

nothing like adding all international runs and 100 to show that it equals an avg of 100  :lol:

what's next? are you going to add Bhuvi's 5-fers?

heights of hero worshipping :facepalm:

Edited by zen
19 minutes ago, zen said:

I understand that Tendulkar may have brought some joy to your life. And you feel that you owe him something and have to defend him in every thread .... But assuming that every thread is a conspiracy (and when one can just start a Lara vs Tendulkar thread to discuss the topic if needed) is dumb .... would recommend getting your head checked for the paranoia  :dontknow:

On the Indian batsmen collectively, I do feel that we should have at least lost less, considering we had many of our ATGs playing together .... I do not see any reasons for you (or anyone) to get personal on this (even if it includes Tendulkar)

btw, the guy you replied to has been blocked by me (and has been trying hard to get in to a conversation with me since a long time). Since you quoted him, I had to read his post 

I understand that your nonsensical Avg*SR stat in Tests getting mocked at in the other thread pissed you off and led to the creation of this thread. A bit desperate and pathetic but still understandable.

However, if I feel that the filters in this thread were dubiously selected then I will call it out. If you think that's getting "personal" then so be it. If you are incapable for making for a case for Lara without resorting to inconsistent filters and poorly researched claims that's not my problem. 

41 minutes ago, zen said:

Keep dreaming! :lol:

Yeah this article at Cricinfo is something I wrote in my dreams :winky:.

Batsmen have boosted their career records by scoring heavily in matches inconsequential to the series