Tim to Vijay:You can't seriously like Virat Kohli as a bloke....

beetle

the problem is Subcontinent players dont get the Aussie/English way of an insulting banter ( Im surprised Vijay understood what 'bloke' meant') Our sledging revolves around screaming and MC BC type stuff because thats all our players know.

White players imply the same insult in a subtle way but whereas Asian players end up resorting to crude language most of the time. Hence why Kohli gets targeted a lot.

This applies to com box to, the english and aussie commentators will have their contextualised banter of their culture whereas our commies like Harshan Manju and Gavaskar will shamelessly laugh and pretend to join in when they no clue whats being talked about.

( Manju- "oh thats big, a big West Indian one") :facepalm:

its just sledging tactics from Tim....But good to know that Kohli managed to get under Aussie's skin. They are clearly bothered, he got the century that aussies said they wont let him get. If anything Kohli needs to be more aggressive to get the upper hand in the mental battles.

43 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

the problem is Subcontinent players dont get the Aussie/English way of an insulting banter ( Im surprised Vijay understood what 'bloke' meant') Our sledging revolves around screaming and MC BC type stuff because thats all our players know.

White players imply the same insult in a subtle way but whereas Asian players end up resorting to crude language most of the time. Hence why Kohli gets targeted a lot.

This applies to com box to, the english and aussie commentators will have their contextualised banter of their culture whereas our commies like Harshan Manju and Gavaskar will shamelessly laugh and pretend to join in when they no clue whats being talked about.

nah .. they get personal as well

Glen McGrath (Australia) and Eddo Brandes (Zimbabwe)

Aussie paceman Glenn McGrath was bowling to Zimbabwe number 11 Eddo Brandes – who was just missing each ball. McGrath, frustrated, went to him and inquired: “Why are you so fat?”Quick as a flash, Brandes replied, “Because every time I make love to your wife, she gives me a biscuit.”

54 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

I hope that's not a serious comment.

1 hour ago, LordPrabhzy said:

This seems like a post Sanju Manju would be proud of if his name was not included.

Edited by express bowling
18 minutes ago, express bowling said:

This seems like a post Sanju Manju would be proud of if his name was not included.

I have been living in the UK for 15 years now so yes I can clearly differentiate between western sledges and the attempted Indian ones. I have yet to see any witty sledges from Indian players till now. If you have please direct me to any instances and I will retract my statement.

8 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

I have been living in the UK for 15 years now so yes I can clearly differentiate between western sledges and the attempted Indian ones. I have yet to see any witty sledges from Indian players till now. If you have please direct me to any instances and I will retract my statement.

most injians dont get sarcasm 

1 hour ago, LordPrabhzy said:

I have heard many witty Indian sledges, but difficult to give any link of that.

One instance of an out of the the field sledge would be Ganguly saying about Shastri, " Don't interview him in the morning. He understands things much better in the afternoon ".

Regarding the commentators,  just like Indians don't always get what a couple of English are saying,  the reverse is also true.  This is a natural thing.

As a person, Kohli is a clown.

Ever since this fool sent in Pakistan to bat in the Champions Trophy final, I knew he was an idiot.

Now he is again playing the fool with Paine...…….after shooting himself in the foot by picking 4 Number 11s, no spinner' and two openers who cannot bat to save their lives.

Kohli the person and the captain deserves all the condemnation he gets.