Tendulkar's batting exploits while chasing a big total in 2nd Inn

fineleg

Guest HariSampath

Sachin is known world over to fail when chasing 250+, I dont think this even needs a thread..just facts...and old facts at that. Most of Sachin's runs in ODIs have come batting first, top of the order, Indian / subcontinent pitches and weak/mediocre bowling.

Guest whineleg
Are you blind? I just posted 3 near tons in the last year that came while chasing. The third one won us the series v Pak. :bird:
Are you blind? Read fineleg's previous posts. What is being asked here is centuries in successful chases. It is because of Tendulkar's desire to open that our lower order is so fragile. We could have easily won today if there was proper support for Sharma and Sreesanth and Tendulkar might actually have scored a century from there rather than fail in the 90s.
Sachin is known world over to fail when chasing 250+' date=' I dont think this even needs a thread..just facts...and old facts at that. Most of Sachin's runs in ODIs have come batting first, top of the order, Indian / subcontinent pitches and weak/mediocre bowling.[/quote']You gotta be kidding me, thanks for the laughs :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

With all due respect, he has been pretty much absent during the CB series, his and Sehwag's repeated faliures to give a decent (forget solid!) start coupled with Yuvraj's sleepwalking have led to our troubled state..thanks to a even worse Lankan team..we wudnt have dreamt of making the finals here. Where's consistency when you need it?

But Tendulkar has been biggest bust in this series with the middle order so young , he instead of taking pressure of them , has put more pressure on them by getting out early, Yuvraj and Sachin have been major cause for concern for this Indian batting line up. Sachin was never good to start with when pressure is on chasing big totals and now he is getting out even when the chases are like 200.He being at top has become a liability rather than asset who could score fast and take pressure of young middle order. Yet he is given constant pass for his failures where as ganguly and dravid who have their share of matches for India were given the axe just after one series failure.