Dhoni scored 141 runs in his first Aus tour, can Pant score more?

1 minute ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

No its unfair on Pant to be compared to an ATG player like Dhoni. MSD is once in a generation player and top 5 keeper bat world has ever seen. Pant will do good in his career if he can achieve 50% of Dhoni's success.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pant is already a better test bat than Dhoni.

3 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

No its unfair on Pant to be compared to an ATG player like Dhoni. MSD is once in a generation player and top 5 keeper bat world has ever seen. Pant will do good in his career if he can achieve 50% of Dhoni's success.

Msd was definitely not ATG in tests by any standards. Also as a keeper he was pretty average in tests against seamers, wouldn't even go for most wide catches 

4 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Dhoni was not so good in tests so it’s very much comparable. He was bang average in tests.

Pant is already a better test bat than Dhoni.
No he is not and never will be. Dont just go by records, cricket is much more to it. That 100 in Eng was a fluke anyway. Pant is just an ugly slogger and though MSD didnt had a copy book technique either, he had much more assured defence and stroke play. A younger Dhoni wipes the floor with 10 Rishabh Pant's

6 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

No he is not and never will be. Dont just go by records, cricket is much more to it. That 100 in Eng was a fluke anyway. Pant is just an ugly slogger and though MSD didnt had a copy book technique either, he had much more assured defence and stroke play. A younger Dhoni wipes the floor with 10 Rishabh Pant's

May be, but there's not much difference honestly. I can hardly remember any match winning/match saving innings from Dhoni. Pant on the other hand is just starting and may well overtake Dhoni.

That is just fanpanti....

Sister Beetle, its not fanpanti. I just dont see any signs in him that in future he will surpass MSD. Some players give that wow factor from beginning. For eg., just by looking at Prithvi Shaw one can say he will be a top batsman in future. At the moment, I am yet to see anything special in Pant. He gets out by same leg side slogging game after game. No off side game. His batting reminds me of poor man's Raina.

give him more time ... he has it  in him to succeed .... even in the 2nd inns here, he discarded a few runs to shield tail enders. He avg:s almost 30 in 4 inns in AUS .For a 20 year old, he is doing perfectly. Don't blame him for the short comings of proven hacks like  Rahul,Vijay,Pujara,Rahane,Umesh etc. And these are not  easy batting conditions either. Even the great Kohli  hasn't avg:ed 45 as of now in this series. That's where a rookie 20 year old wk  is being blamed for his 30 avg: . Some people's sense:wp22:

Edited by rtmohanlal

give him more time ... he has it  in him to succeed .... even in the 2nd inns here, he discarded a few runs to shield tail enders. He avg:s almost 30 in 4 inns in AUS .For a 20 year old, he is doing perfectly. Don't blame him for the short comings of proven hacks like  Rahul,Vijay,Pujara,Rahane,Umesh etc. And these are not  easy batting conditions either. Even the great Kohli  hasn't avg:ed 45 as of now in this series. That's where a rookie 20 year old wk  is being blamed for his 30 avg: . Some people's sense:wp22:

Lol...and what was he shielding tailender for today? This is where maturity comes. Its not as if India would have won the game anyway. Rather than cluttering his mind with the thought of saving Umesh, he should have just batted normally. Take it as a batting practice for next test. If he had done that, we might have batted little more than 1 hour. But he decided to go for ugly slog and got out same fashion again.