India will draw 3rd test and win 4th to win Border-Gavaskar trophy

After 2 practice games, things can't go downhill from here.

Whoever replaces openers will be better for sure. 

Bowling is already doing well, captain will select right combination in next 2 matches.

Rahane, Kohli and Pujara are in form. Pant has been contributing.

Next match will have flat pitch - so expecting a drawn game there. 4th test will be won by India after getting hang of Australian conditions completely after 4 practice games.

@Cricketics @Global.Baba

With this tail we won't win jack, criticize the top order all you want but this pathetic lot was the significant difference in England as well as here. Just because they're picking up wickets easily, on helpful wickets, doesn't mean they throw their wickets away! I mean I've seen the 1999 capitulation down under but even that lineup had a better trail than this bunch of chimps, unequivocally this is the worst tail I've seen in the last 40 years, after the spin quartet disbanded.

Tail has to contribute & the difference, like I said, in the England series was that the old ball is relatively easier to score of. It's no secret why Curran & Buttler, Rashid scored lots down the order while England's top order capitulated in all but 1 innings. Same here, whoever you pick as openers will probably not last long enough against this attack, so we must strengthen our lower middle order as much as we can.

Edited by R!TTER

Hope so...it will be a great shame and dissapointment if we dont win this series. I think we played some wonderful test cricket in all 3 away tours this year. This is the best I hv seen Indian fast bowlers bowled. The only reason we lost bcoz of our pathetic 4th innings batting. If we win the toss for next 2 games...we will win the series else no.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I say let's go hyper aggressive and go in with 2 spinners- jadeja,ashwin, pandya, bumrah and shami.  The spinners will just keep containing on one end- Negative line while pacers will try to attack full throttle on other end .

Anyways ishant  is only containing , jadeja can do the same. At least we will have batting till 9. 

Pant is useless, sacrifice him for 3rd test , get Parthiv to open with Mayank, Add Aswin, Bhuvi and Pandya. Get rid of Umesh and sacrifice Ishant to get better batting from Bhuvi...We need to go with

Mayank, Parthiv, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Vihari, Pandya, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Shami/Ishant, Bumrah

Batting is very weak overseas, we need rear guard like a big fat ass!

It won't, good teams don't need toss to bail them out 9 times out of 10. As much as I admire our rankings I can't help but feel vindictive about some of the team selection & many batting/bowling policies this year, especially for away tours! We lost at Centurion, Southampton not because of the toss but we picked largely an inadequate squad for the conditions. We've probably lost just a couple or at most 3 tests due to the toss. Lord's being a prime example but even there going in with 2 spinners was a brain dead move, especially after the pitch was covered for 1 whole day due to the rains.

Edited by R!TTER
1 minute ago, R!TTER said:

It won't, good teams don't need toss to bail them out 9 times out of 10. As much as I admire our rankings I can't help but feel vindictive some of the team selection & batting/bowling policies were this year, especially for away tours! We lost at Centurion, Southampton not because of the toss but we picked largely an inadequate squad for the conditions. We've probably lost just a couple or at most 3 tests due to the toss. Lord's being a prime example but even there going in with 2 spinners was a brain dead move, especially after the pitch was covered for 1 whole day due to the rains.

depending up on winning the toss is not the right mindset .... batting in our first inning, whether on day 1 or day 2 or whatever, if we put 350+ in these conditions,  toss factor can be put out of equation 

Expect kohli to chose the following brainless selection for 3rd test:

Mayank

Rahul/ Rohit

pujara

kohli

rahane

vihari/ Pandya

Pant

Ashwin/ Pandya

Ishant

Shami

Bumrah

They will brainlessly play Pandya like Umesh and he will make less than 10 runs.

For some reason Kohli think Bhuvneshwar is trundler and doesn’t have faith in him and hence won’t play him. Anyday he is better than Pandya except Kohli who thinks otherwise.