What would India have been like today if all Muslims had left for Pakistan in 1947

SecondSlip

The topic is very broad and generic

To be honest the common Muslims are not a problem. Especially the ones that do their jobs and keep their religion at home.

In fact there are a lot of great Indian achievers whom you don’t view  as Muslims for the same reason because they keep their religion at home and do their job to the best of their ability.

The rich liberal types like the movie actors, businessmen,sportsmen mind their own business. They focus on their careers too much to be bothered by this. You see a lot from this strata of the society inter marry with Hindus and religion doesn’t even seem a problem with these high society types.

Then there is the middle class. They have their own problems. Their problems are not that much different from an average Hindu Middle class person.

Now you might say the poor people are the problem. They are turning to extremism etc. The answer is no. If you have ever interacted with say someone like a Muslim-Pan walah, Chai wala, thele waala, taxi wala types, they are some of the sweetest people you will ever meet. I have never come across one jerk from this strata of the society among Muslim community . In fact I have come across a lot of a-hole rich Muslims. This has nothing to do with their religion. They are just what they are. Total a-holes.

Muslims staying back as a “minority” has been great for this country. So in hindsight very difficult to imagine what would happen to India without them.

Now I may sound like a congress spokesperson with some of the above examples. However I will repeat the main point I was trying to make which was stated in the above line.

Muslims staying back as a “minority” has been great for this country

what we got as a result is a group of people  minding their own work,keeping their religion at home and Infact helping shape this country- example- Abdul Kalam.

It is when they become a majority the problems happen for example like in our neighboring counties in the Subcontinent where there is ethnic cleansing of minorities or lack of development in arts or science. That’s a different debate though.

Now the problems that arise from the Muslim community is due to the faults of the guys who have drafted the constitution or lead this country for the earlier part of its formation. Look at Muslims as a minority in every other nation especially the developed countries.Sure there are the odd fanatics and trouble makers. Most of them accept  the common civil law and  culture  of the land. However in India we give them additional rights which itself counters the definition of secualrism and equal rights.

On top of that there is no regulation of the Mullah types who are the biggest problem and also politicians like Owaisi etc who are not the right people to represent this community. How come no educated and liberal Muslim tries to go up against them for the uplifment of their community? We will never know.

Anyways the conclusion to my long winded post is, Muslims staying back as a “Minority” is the best thing to have happened to us.  

Edited by maniac