Hatsoff Kohli-Shastri !

Atleast, for now, we should really admire their bold decision. They have resisted the urge to play Pandya straight in, which was almost a given here in ICF.

Also, to drop both the openers and move Vihari up the order, I feel will bring rich dividends. I believe he should be given a long rope now. FFS, the other openers got almost a year and still failed.

Whatever selection blunders they did, I hope this time around we win MCG and they redeem themselves. I think this is the best team combination at the moment. Also, Jadeja will save atleast 15-20 runs throughout the match with his fielding alone, not to mention we now have batting till no.8.

M. Agarwal

Vihari (Best decision by mngmt)

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Rohit

Pant

Jadeja

Shami

Ishant

Bumrah

Now if only our tail can atleast survive and bat with Pant/ Jadeja, I trust our last 3-4 wickets to add around 40 each innings. We have been basically batting with 7 players past 2-3 matches.

Edited by Tridibans_16
16 minutes ago, Tridibans_16 said:

Atleast, for now, we should really admire their bold decision. They have resisted the urge to play Pandya straight in, which was almost a given here in ICF.

Also, to drop both the openers and move Vihari up the order, I feel will bring rich dividends. I believe he should be given a long rope now. FFS, the other openers got almost a year and still failed.

Whatever selection blunders they did, I hope this time around we win MCG and they redeem themselves. I think this is the best team combination at the moment. Also, Jadeja will save atleast 15-20 runs throughout the match with his fielding alone, not to mention we now have batting till no.8.

M. Agarwal

Vihari (Best decision by mngmt)

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Rohit

Pant

Jadeja

Shami

Ishant

Bumrah

Now if only our tail can atleast survive and bat with Pant/ Jadeja, I trust our last 3-4 wickets to add around 40 each innings. We have been basically batting with 7 players past 2-3 matches.

Hanuma Vihari bats in top order for Andhra as well. Even though it will be a different ball game as opener in Australia against Starc, Cummins, Hazelwood  is worth giving him a fair chance.

Rohit over Pandya :laugh:

Dropping both openers might look like a good idea to ICF. But trust me it's not a good move. Rahul and Pujara should have opened. Rahul don't deserve much but throwing Mayank in opening in Australia against Pat, Starc, and co is as pointless as Rahul's brainfarts. Don't at all see Mayank succeeding here. He should not be debuted in Australia for his own good.

Edited by Pollack
3 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Dropping both openers might look like a good idea to ICF. But trust me it's not a good move. Rahul and Pujara should have opened. Rahul don't deserve much but throwing Mayank in opening in Australia against Pat, Starc, and co is as pointless as Rahul's brainfarts. Don't at all see Mayank succeeding here. He should not be debuted in Australia for his own good.

So play rahul and let him fail in next 4 innings as well? I would take risk and play Mayank & even if he fails i won't care much as rahul was already failing.

Rohit over Pandya
They should have called another guy or retain Vijay

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Pollack said:

No way in hell Rahul should get another chance. Who is he? Bradman? Sachin? Why he should get 19 chances in a year to fail and lose the match for India and not 50 other players waiting in the domestic circuit?

2 minutes ago, flamy said:

All fine but why Rohit instead of Pandya. And, what is to resist? He is an obvious choice. What does Rohit offer? 

Pandya is straight out of injury without even 1 first class match! He would be too risky. The next thing you know, Pandya breaks down into his 3rd spell on day 1 and we are doomed for the rest of the match.

2 minutes ago, Tridibans_16 said:

Pandya is straight out of injury without even 1 first class match! He would be too risky. The next thing you know, Pandya breaks down into his 3rd spell on day 1 and we are doomed for the rest of the match.

I agree, anyways Rohit deserves a full series here.If he fails in next two, dump him forever.

Kohli k luck pe khujali waley kuttey ne sushu kiya hai. Sala important matches me toss harna, injury issue, youngsters failing in his captaincy, old man group suddenly started performing well in ipl to screw kohli eventually in international. His fate in captaincy would not be any different than tendulkar. Where tendulkar had mediocre bunch to choose from, kohli has all the option to choose potential good youngsters to make his own legacy but he choose to * with it.