Aggarwal shows benefits of refining skills in domestics

maniac

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Now Mayank may or may not be eventually out to Lyon. 

Thread creation experience (to cover bases) was interesting to see , refining in ICF-experience helps too :)

I agree with your thread, this is why we shoulld bring some seasoned domestic bats into our squad after A-tours etc. Send them on many A-tours first.

Edited by fineleg
Just now, fineleg said:

Thread creation experience (to cover bases) was interesting to see , refining in ICF helps too :)

I agree with your thread, this is why we shoulld bring some seasoned domestic bats into our squad after A-tours etc. Send them on many A-tours first.

I have to because usually context gets lost and we tend to steer things on personal attacks. I have been away. Is that still happening on ICF :)

You can't let them stew for too long either.

Kedhar Jhadav was one guy who was setting all kinds of domestic records in the 2010's.He could have changed our fortunes in the 2015 World Cup but was picked too late,now I feel he is past his prime while also being injury prone.

Even here Mayank should have been in Australia all along.If Rahul or Vijay had even got a couple of 40's we would have never seen him

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Talk about comparing batting on day 1 pitch to batting on a day 5 pitch. Lyon didn't do much in first innings in last two tests. Such threads are a result of brainless posting. like brainless bowling and brainless batting, this is brainless posting.

No I am even talking about guys like Vihari and Aggarwal just the confidence they have against Lyon as in domestics there are such bowlers available dime a dozen

Maybe you are more knowledgeable than Sunil Gavaskar who said the same thing. I have no counter to that. 

Edited by maniac
4 minutes ago, maniac said:

@rkt.india are you saying that we struggled against Lyon and Moeen Ali on only day 5 pitches? 

Who is comparing this to day 5 pitches?

You clearly have no clue what you are taking about and missed the context entirely

Yes, we only struggled to counter Lyon in second innings in both tests, not first innings. He uses foot marks so well even the best player of spin would struggle and he hardly bowls any loose balls.

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Yes, we only struggled to counter Lyon in second innings in both tests, not first innings. He uses foot marks so well even the best player of spin would struggle and he hardly bowls any loose balls.

I have not seen batsmen attack him in the first innings either. He was supposed to be our buffet bowler. Today Aggarwal made it count against him as he had a tough time against pacers understandably so.

Vihari too was trying to get out of the shell against Lyon and never looked like getting out to him both innings last test.

Footmarks on these pitches don’t even come close to the dustbowls we get in domestics.

Iam not trying to give any new gyaan. Most cricket experts much more knowledgeable than you and me on cricket have said the same thing that lack of playing Indian FC clearly is impacting our ability to play spin. 

And you can clearly see this from guys who come fresh out of FC be it the guys I mentioned or even someone like Karun Nair.

Didn’t Moeen Ali take a 10fr against us recently. Did he get all wickets on a 5th day pitch?

Edited by maniac

There is so much truth in this thread. Indian team has forgotten how to play regulation off spin and our off spinner has been delivering some low quality stuff whenever we don’t play at home. Maybe it’s time for Kohli to own it up and have the main team to relearn and reequip in Ranji trophy. Heck even Pujara looks suspect every time he bats against Lyon..