Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CSK Fan

Did you imagine you will ever see this sight - indian fast bowlers in 2018 record

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

k2jvu4v5pw621.jpg

 

After the pic was taken, we have already over taken SA bowlers and are no 2 in that list. We can cross no1 in second innings easily 

 

What's the number after Aus 1st innings?

 

Edit: Looked it up. I think it's 129. Can anyone confirm?

 

Edited by philcric

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Bumrah is on his way to be a legend. Shami is inconsistent but runs through side when on song. We need one more strike bowler who can combine pace and bounce and a better support bowler than Ishant Sharma as backups.

 

5 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Bumrah is on his way to be a legend. Shami is inconsistent but runs through side when on song. We need one more strike bowler who can combine pace and bounce and a better support bowler than Ishant Sharma as backups.

ishant has taken 39 wickets in 11 matches with an average of 21. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, CG said:

I have always maintained we had an world class attack and Most posters disagreed then.After Kohli Took Over captaincy .Same Bowlers Have Just Flourished.

When people say Kohli should be removed as captain, this is the only thing I worry about. Will our fast bowling go backwards again under a different captain? will we see more spinners and defensive bowling

Share this post


Link to post

Indian fast bowlers in 2018

 

 

Overall figures
Player Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs WktsDescending BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 5 10  
JJ Bumrah 9 17 360.4 86 956 45 6/33 7/111 21.24 2.65 48.0 3 0 investigate this query
Mohammed Shami 12 22 362.5 66 1197 45 6/56 6/74 26.60 3.29 48.3 2 0 investigate this query
I Sharma 11 20 320.3 70 854 39 5/51 6/97 21.89 2.66 49.3 1 0 investigate this query
UT Yadav 5 10 126.5 17 428 20 6/88 10/133 21.40 3.37 38.0 1 1 investigate this query
HH Pandya 8 14 124.1 16 433 13 5/28 6/50 33.30 3.48 57.3 1 0 investigate this query
B Kumar 2 4 67.0 22 203 10 4/87 6/120 20.30 3.02 40.2 0 0

 

 

 

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?bowling_pacespin=1;class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=wickets;spanmax1=31+Dec+2018;spanmin1=01+Jan+2018;spanval1=span;team=6;templat

Share this post


Link to post

Fantastic.  Never thought would happe.  Amazing

 

Bumrah is best fast bowler in world

 

Shami master of swing/seam

 

Ishant works hard and revleation last 18 months

 

ICF wont like this.  But massive massive credit ot Shasrti yes Ravi and Kohli for picking and backing the fast bowlers.  Creating the culture were fast bolwers must bowl quick and bend back all day.  Plus backing them to bowl aggressive with aaggressive fielding unit (skipper himself is in oppo face to complete the aggression).  The way they have groomed and turned Ishant in to a world class bowler in last 18 months is one of greatest feats in history of mankind lol

 

Amazing bowling unit and with more paceers of quailty in domestic scence knocking on door future looks bright

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Fantastic.  Never thought would happe.  Amazing

 

Bumrah is best fast bowler in world

 

Shami master of swing/seam

 

Ishant works hard and revleation last 18 months

 

ICF wont like this.  But massive massive credit ot Shasrti yes Ravi and Kohli for picking and backing the fast bowlers.  Creating the culture were fast bolwers must bowl quick and bend back all day.  Plus backing them to bowl aggressive with aaggressive fielding unit (skipper himself is in oppo face to complete the aggression).  The way they have groomed and turned Ishant in to a world class bowler in last 18 months is one of greatest feats in history of mankind lol

 

Amazing bowling unit and with more paceers of quailty in domestic scence knocking on door future looks bright

:phehe:

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Fantastic.  Never thought would happe.  Amazing

 

Bumrah is best fast bowler in world

 

Shami master of swing/seam

 

Ishant works hard and revleation last 18 months

 

ICF wont like this.  But massive massive credit ot Shasrti yes Ravi and Kohli for picking and backing the fast bowlers.  Creating the culture were fast bolwers must bowl quick and bend back all day.  Plus backing them to bowl aggressive with aaggressive fielding unit (skipper himself is in oppo face to complete the aggression).  The way they have groomed and turned Ishant in to a world class bowler in last 18 months is one of greatest feats in history of mankind lol

 

Amazing bowling unit and with more paceers of quailty in domestic scence knocking on door future looks bright

Dude why do you sneak them whenever there is anything good. bumrah, shami and ishant doing well has nothing to do with how good shastri and kohli is. Rather it only shows how incompetent they are that inspite of having once in generation bowling attack  they lost to sa and eng . Also when batsmen failed you blame everything on batsmen but when bowlers are doing well credit should go to Asstri and chokekohli....

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Dude why do you sneak them whenever there is anything good. bumrah, shami and ishant doing well has nothing to do with how good shastri and kohli is. Rather it only shows how incompetent they are that inspite of having once in generation bowling attack  they lost to sa and eng . Also when batsmen failed you blame everything on batsmen but when bowlers are doing well credit should go to Asstri and chokekohli....

Because the mob is full of hate.  You are classic example.  When things go well for India nothing to do with Kohli but if things go wrong all Kohlis fault

 

This balck or white approach is silly.  Looks more sensible to understand no black and white and grey areas often.

 

The mangt done brilliant job in developing this fast bwoling culture and pickinmg pace.  Rewards are all to see.  The mob needs to swallow this fact

 

Are Kohli/Shastri making all right calls.  No I also diagree with some decsions made.  But by and large getting it right and I am satsified with test team.

 

In terms of white ball picks more diapsointed and question loads.  Seems more politics at play in this format i.e Mr MSD power base

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Because the mob is full of hate.  You are classic example.  When things go well for India nothing to do with Kohli but if things go wrong all Kohlis fault

 

This balck or white approach is silly.  Looks more sensible to understand no black and white and grey areas often.

 

The mangt done brilliant job in developing this fast bwoling culture and pickinmg pace.  Rewards are all to see.  The mob needs to swallow this fact

 

Are Kohli/Shastri making all right calls.  No I also diagree with some decsions made.  But by and large getting it right and I am satsified with test team.

 

In terms of white ball picks more diapsointed and question loads.  Seems more politics at play in this format i.e Mr MSD power base

Look who is taking.... as if you doing any different job. Just because you say people have hatred doesn't prove zilch or hide incompetency of kohli and shastri. I can give you numerous of example where the are wrong. People praise that they get rid of rahul and vijay but what they did is send a new  comer who is purely middle order batsmen to open against one of the best fast bowling attack to accomodate rohit sharma the usual failure. Sharma and Dhawans are always one match away whenever an youngsters peform bad. Not allowing team to settled in overseas condition by continuously denying practice matches, chopping and changing settled core player, heck even dropping seniors pro like pujara and rahane and making them insecure about their batting which has worked for them all along. There are several others, as far as bowling is concerned bumrah and shami was good skillful bowlers from very starting day of their debut across different format. They are here since long and they were bound to perform well, as if bharat arun,kohli and shastri has turn them in to beast. I would give little credit in terms of not chopping and changing them like they did to the batsmen, they are the sole reason that we haven't have settled core batting. As mentioned before inspite of having such a great bowling resources what's the outcome of past two oversease series under kohli "Anda" a big zero.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, raki05 said:

Look who is taking.... as if you doing any different job. Just because you say people have hatred doesn't prove zilch or hide incompetency of kohli and shastri. I can give you numerous of example where the are wrong. People praise that they get rid of rahul and vijay but what they did is send a new  comer who is purely middle order batsmen to open against one of the best fast bowling attack to accomodate rohit sharma the usual failure. Sharma and Dhawans are always one match away whenever an youngsters peform bad. Not allowing team to settled in overseas condition by continuously denying practice matches, chopping and changing settled core player, heck even dropping seniors pro like pujara and rahane and making them insecure about their batting which has worked for them all along. There are several others, as far as bowling is concerned bumrah and shami was good skillful bowlers from very starting day of their debut across different format. They are here since long and they were bound to perform well, as if bharat arun,kohli and shastri has turn them in to beast. I would give little credit in terms of not chopping and changing them like they did to the batsmen, they are the sole reason that we haven't have settled core batting. As mentioned before inspite of having such a great bowling resources what's the outcome of past two oversease series under kohli "Anda" a big zero.

Why does no one understand Vihari bats 3 lol Is not a number 6 and is a number 3 for years on FC circuit

 

Rohit did well this match, cant deny right call

 

Rahane had a mob after him on icf now people cry was dropped once in SA lol  All this make people insecure lol  Rahane and Pujara doing well so clearly they over came this no TLC

 

Really stop monaing, we doing superb, why you so upset?

 

2 years number 1 test team.  Never been done by india team before.  Never ever done.  Yet no one here recognises this

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Why does no one understand Vihari bats 3 lol Is not a number 6 and is a number 3 for years on FC circuit

 

Rohit did well this match, cant deny right call

 

Rahane had a mob after him on icf now people cry was dropped once in SA lol  All this make people insecure lol  Rahane and Pujara doing well so clearly they over came this no TLC

 

Really stop monaing, we doing superb, why you so upset?

 

2 years number 1 test team.  Never been done by india team before.  Never ever done.  Yet no one here recognises this

:facepalm:......we were always a great team playing at home which mostly contribute to our number one ranking and team around the world are mediocre compare to their past team due to old/retired great player be it eng/sa or Aus. Can you tell me how we are doing great as compare to past indian team abroad. Under Dhoni also we use to loose overseas tour and it's no different now either. you can sing and dance with number one ranking ,but truth is we are still mediocre abroad inspite of having one of  the better bowling resources ever.

Edited by raki05

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, raki05 said:

:facepalm:......we were always a great team playing at home which mostly contribute to our number one ranking and team around the world are mediocre compare to their past team due to old/retire great player be it eng/sa or Aus. Can you tell me how we are doing great in terms of past team. Under Dhoni also we use to loose overseas tour and it's no different now either. you can sing and dance with number one ranking ,but truth is we are still mediocre abroad inspite of having one of  the better bowling resource ever.

No rankings look at all results.  Home and Away

 

We been excellent this year.  Very very competitive.  Few key moments went our way could have woon in SA/Eng

 

Doing fanatstic in oz.  Hopefully wrap up this test and win the sries

 

Cheeer up.  We have been suoerb today, yet you so grumpy.  Jeez .  So grumpy when lose and win ffs lol

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, King Tendulkar said:

No rankings look at all results.  Home and Away

 

We been excellent this year.  Very very competitive.  Few key moments went our way could have woon in SA/Eng

 

Doing fanatstic in oz.  Hopefully wrap up this test and win the sries

 

Cheeer up.  We have been suoerb today, yet you so grumpy.  Jeez .  So grumpy when lose and win ffs lol

Are we discussing today's performance. BTW you keep using word grumpy,hate et al in all you response, this  is a forum and people can have different opinion why one should be grumpy or hateful on cricket form. Just relax , i am telling that our overseas performance are not up to the level ,though we have our moments you are right and we could have tuned it in to our side, have the management and captain would have done the basics right rather than giving aggressive comments in press conference.

Share this post


Link to post

Bumrah is a huge reason for this. The x-factor that India didn't have before :hatsoff:

 

He has the potential to be an ATG in all 3 formats. TM should handle his workload with utmost care. 

 

Shami the strike bowler and 2nd innings beast and Ishant the steady workhorse have been very good too. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Indian fast bowlers in 2018

 

 

Overall figures
Player Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs WktsDescending BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 5 10  
JJ Bumrah 9 17 360.4 86 956 45 6/33 7/111 21.24 2.65 48.0 3 0 investigate this query
Mohammed Shami 12 22 362.5 66 1197 45 6/56 6/74 26.60 3.29 48.3 2 0 investigate this query
I Sharma 11 20 320.3 70 854 39 5/51 6/97 21.89 2.66 49.3 1 0 investigate this query
UT Yadav 5 10 126.5 17 428 20 6/88 10/133 21.40 3.37 38.0 1 1 investigate this query
HH Pandya 8 14 124.1 16 433 13 5/28 6/50 33.30 3.48 57.3 1 0 investigate this query
B Kumar 2 4 67.0 22 203 10 4/87 6/120 20.30 3.02 40.2 0 0

 

 

 

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?bowling_pacespin=1;class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=wickets;spanmax1=31+Dec+2018;spanmin1=01+Jan+2018;spanval1=span;team=6;templat

Umesh Yadav :yay: what a bowler!!!

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Fantastic.  Never thought would happe.  Amazing

 

Bumrah is best fast bowler in world

 

Shami master of swing/seam

 

Ishant works hard and revleation last 18 months

 

ICF wont like this.  But massive massive credit ot Shasrti yes Ravi and Kohli for picking and backing the fast bowlers.  Creating the culture were fast bolwers must bowl quick and bend back all day.  Plus backing them to bowl aggressive with aaggressive fielding unit (skipper himself is in oppo face to complete the aggression).  The way they have groomed and turned Ishant in to a world class bowler in last 18 months is one of greatest feats in history of mankind lol

 

Amazing bowling unit and with more paceers of quailty in domestic scence knocking on door future looks bright

Thats one part Kohli must be commended. 

 

Its one of his highlights. 

 

Backing true pacers. 

 

Could hav tried more pacers tho. 

Edited by sensible-indian

Share this post


Link to post

Oh!! all posters were misleaded by wrong information..  that info in OP must be  wickets taken by fast bowlers AWAY FROM HOME.. 

 

Logic: How that 1984 pace troika of such great bowlers like Holding,Garner& Marshall just got 130 wickets??  They should get more ..  infact that pace troika had taken whopping 195 wickets in 1984..

 

Conclusion: This Indian pace trioka of 2018 after the completion of 1st innings against Aussies have taken 123 wickets (away from home) rather than 129 wickets as some posters mentioned.. 

 

Anyways 123 wickets away from home means we are at second position which is a good achievement.. 

 

By the way this is my first post in this forum .. guys.. plz don't jump on me if u find anything wrong in my post.. 

Share this post


Link to post

Did not expect our bowlers to beat the world record.. Expected us to have the best pace battery from sometime. In the 2003 world cup too,  we had Nehra clocking close to 150k with Srinath/Zak/Agarkarclose to 135+

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Fantastic.  Never thought would happe.  Amazing

 

Bumrah is best fast bowler in world

 

Shami master of swing/seam

 

Ishant works hard and revleation last 18 months

 

ICF wont like this.  But massive massive credit ot Shasrti yes Ravi and Kohli for picking and backing the fast bowlers.  Creating the culture were fast bolwers must bowl quick and bend back all day.  Plus backing them to bowl aggressive with aaggressive fielding unit (skipper himself is in oppo face to complete the aggression).  The way they have groomed and turned Ishant in to a world class bowler in last 18 months is one of greatest feats in history of mankind lol

 

Amazing bowling unit and with more paceers of quailty in domestic scence knocking on door future looks bright

     Yaar , credit should go to his county stint and changs he did there in his bowling stint. What shastri has done ?

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

     Yaar , credit should go to his county stint and changs he did there in his bowling stint. What shastri has done ?

Of course.  Standard

 

Player does poor, team does poor blame skipper/coach.  Player does well/team does well nothing to do with skipper/coach.  O the life of the wrist slitter

Share this post


Link to post

I agree with those giving Kohli some credit. He put his faith in pace bowling after a strange era under MSD where pacers were used like donkeys with the aim to hold up one end with a defensive line of bowling while spinners were expected to take all the wickets. In fact things reached the stage where Dhoni would actually stand up to the stumps while his trundlers were bowling. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×