Playing 11 for Sydney Test

zen

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Sydney will be like a pitch in Mumbai/ Mohali (old time Mohali) where there will be something for the fast bowlers the 1st day but by day 4-5 will be a spinners paradise. We need to pick 2 spinners here.

which hints at a 2+2 attack + Pandya (AR) as the 3rd seamer, who does well when he bowls with a relatively new ball 

My XI for the Syndney test:

1. Mayank
  2. Vihari / Rahul (based on his past record at SCG)
  3. Pujara
  4. Kohli
  5. Rahane
  6. Pandya
  7. Pant
  8. Jadeja
  9. Kuldeep
  10. Shami
  11. Bumrah

I think with the pitch expected to be flat - Pandya and Jadeja can contribute usefully with the bat. It was going to be hard work and we will need 5 bowlers to share the workload. 

We will need a frontline spinner at the SCG.

19 hours ago, SK_IH said:

I like this XI just because it doesn't have that doofus Ishant

I am harsh ishant as well but he matched up to shami wickets. Playing pandya for ishant is criminal. If ishant doesn’t take wickets at least he can control runs. With no test match expirience risk of playing pandya is high.

1 minute ago, gattaca said:

I am harsh ishant as well but he matched up to shami wickets. Playing pandya for ishant is criminal. If ishant doesn’t take wickets at least he can control runs. With no test match expirience risk of playing pandya is high.

was playing Mayank, who had no test match experience, a risk too?

2 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Bhuvi in place of Ishant may be :dontknow:

1 minute ago, gattaca said:

Bhuvi also has less match practice. Also Australia is a tough place to bowl for his style of bowling.

If he is fit, I hope he is played ahead of Ishant.It looks like even Ishant's utility in the side is to bowl with new ball. And with Bhuvi we get a capable bat as well.

Anyone but NOHUT please!

We should have:

1) Mayank

2) Ashwin (actually not a bad idea, ask him to just blunt out balls if he's fit) or Bhuvi

3) Pujara

4) Kohli

5) Rahane

6) Pant

7) Pandya

8) Jadeja

9) Ishant

10)Bumrah

11) Shami

Look at the depth in this batting line-up. Either Bhuvi or Ashwin > NOHUT outside Asia has a batsman and with this we bat till 8 and have 5 legit bowling options+Pandya. Knowing our thick tank led by coffee smelling head coach though, Nohut is guaranteed to play thanks to that moron Siddle dropping him in the first innings.

Should play the same team unless there is an injury.

In the last few years SCG hasn't been helpful to the spinners at all and the curators won't provide a pitch which spins to India. Also the 3 quick are bowling well together. So no need to change the bowling composition.

Pandya should not be picked ahead of Rohit as he literally has no match practice nor is he a world beater anyway.

Edited by AuxiliA