India retains Border/Gavaskar Trophy 2018-19

Cricketics

23 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

thats a given,both batting units are extremely flawed and wont be able to win batting 4th

I think the quality gap between India and Aus is enough to overcome toss disadvantage - can't be picking Umesh ahead of Jadeja/Bhuvi, AND have openers that **** the bed, AND lose the toss.  I think Perth was winnable for this team even with losing the toss if they had gotten selection right. 

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

@Cricketics should we go with Ashwin(If fit) and Jadeja and play Pandya as the 3rd seamer?

Sydney is going to turn and we need 2 spinners and also Ashwin,Jadeja and Pandya means a long batting line up.

Can drop Ishant  :(( and Maybe one of Rohit :(( / Rahane 

Ashwin? Lol you know me. I am hugesupporter of Jadeja in overseas tests. Jadeja always. Need to be conservtive partially but can’t lose our strength. Jadeja was brilliant and will only be perfect for flat pancake which is to come in SCG.

i will take same bowling line up.

Just now, Cricketics said:

Ashwin? Lol you know me. I am huger supporter od Jadeja in overseas tests. Jadeja always. Need to be conservtive partially but can’t lose pur strength. Jadeja was brilliant and will only be perfect for flat pancake which is to come in SCG.

i will take same bowling line up.

So was Ashwin in the 1st test.Jadeja has not outperformed him by any means even though did an excellent job here.

Anyways Sydney is usually like Mumbai/Mohali. You would need 2 spinners even though first 1 or 2 days there and obviously Sydney will extra bounce hence Pandya can be 3rd seamer.that way we have a long batting line up instead of Kuldeep or Bhuvi/Umesh

Being too conservative will be a bad sign. What is stars align and Aussies score a mammoth score due to lack of proper bowling line up.

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

So was Ashwin in the 1st test.Jadeja has not outperformed him by any means even though did an excellent job here.

Anyways Sydney is usually like Mumbai/Mohali. You would need 2 spinners even though first 1 or 2 days there and obviously Sydney will extra bounce hence Pandya can be 3rd seamer.that way we have a long batting line up instead of Kuldeep or Bhuvi/Umesh

Being too conservative will be a bad sign. What is stars align and Aussies score a mammoth score due to lack of proper bowling line up.

I would like to judge the pitch closer to the game. We can’t sit here and say right away that we should play two spinners by the history. If the media, once they reach SCG, start sharing articles and images and there is a talk of spin friendly track, than I might opt for an extra spinner and may be go with Pandya. May be. Not sure at all.

Lets see. Too early to say.

12 minutes ago, maniac said:

Your performance in second innings seals the fate. We do have bowlers who take wickets in first. But second innings our bowlers like ishant and shami blow hot and cold. Spinner needs to be effective in second innings to balance this attack. This is my biggest gripe with ashwin more so with his action since he doesn’t use shoulder which we can’t change.

1 minute ago, gattaca said:

Dude come on why bring him here and take a dig on him. Just enjoy the moment. I remember the hard days as a fan to wake up 5 am in the morning or 7 am only to find India loose the matches terribly. This feeling of winning in Australia is great.

Those are wrist slitters. Can't even enjoy a glorious moment without bringing something negative :thumpdown:

34 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I would like to judge the pitch closer to the game. We can’t sit here and say right away that we should play two spinners by the history. If the media, once they reach SCG, start sharing articles and images and there is a talk of spin friendly track, than I might opt for an extra spinner and may be go with Pandya. May be. Not sure at all.

Lets see. Too early to say.

They may even lay some grass on the Sydney wicket like they did in 2000. Then they opted to bowl and skittled us for 150. I would say go with the same team. I'm favorable to 2 spinners but that decision needs to be taken on match day.

10 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

They may even lay some grass on the Sydney wicket like they did in 2000. Then they opted to bowl and skittled us for 150. I would say go with the same team. I'm favorable to 2 spinners but that decision needs to be taken on match day.

True that. Can’t be fooled by the history. They will go all out to save the series. They have problems like they had after first test. We should just not focus on their problems but worry about strengthening ourselves.  Lets see how the conditons look like.

Regardless of how many spinners we take, Jadeja should play ahead of Ashwin. If this does not happen, I won’t be happy with Kohli and co.