Tait the fastest at present?

shailesh

Re: Tait the fastest at present?

Yes...quite easily the fastest IMO.
But whats the point of being the fastest if you're murdered by the batsmen? Or in other words, why are we obsessed by bowling speed?
because if you learn to use it correctly then you can produce the kind of spells like Waqar Younis used to in the early to mid 90s or A Donald in the early to late 90s or Shoaib in the early 00s. You can never underestimate extreme pace and that's why i am very disappointed to see the way Munaf has started to bowl in the last 4 or 5 months.

Re: Tait the fastest at present? Extreme pace is good and bad. If you are wayward then you are the worst bowler in the world as good batters aren't too worried about pace when it is not directed well enough. If the bowler can swing with pace then it gets a bit iffy for the batters. Bondy is a prime example of that. The Aussies clearly struggle against Bondy every time they face him. Pace is good but direction is as important too. Pace and direction form a deadly combination.

Extreme pace is good and bad. If you are wayward then you are the worst bowler in the world as good batters aren't too worried about pace when it is not directed well enough. If the bowler can swing with pace then it gets a bit iffy for the batters. Bondy is a prime example of that. The Aussies clearly struggle against Bondy every time they face him. Pace is good but direction is as important too. Pace and direction form a deadly combination.
Yea Bond is a good example of how pace can be used to trouble even the best batsmen. You are also right when you say that pace can be "bad" for you but at the same time i also strongly believe that in an attempt to find better line and length a genuine quick bowler shouldn't be told to cut down on his pace.

Yea Bond is a good example of how pace can be used to trouble even the best batsmen. You are also right when you say that pace can be "bad" for you but at the same time i also strongly believe that in an attempt to find better line and length a genuine quick bowler shouldn't be told to cut down on his pace.
Of course not. When a quick bowler is sighted I'm sure the coaches say just go and bowl don't worry about line and length. It happens in junior cricket too, if one is bowling fast enough they never tamper with his bowling. With experience comes line and length so they are usually untamed the tear away ones. Only these days do we have coaches instructing the fast bowlers to concentrate on line and length. The short boundries and the ODI cricket is a receipe for disaster for fast bowlers. The same bowlers may do a lot better in test cricket though.

Re: Tait the fastest at present? you have forgotten to account for the 7kph bonus that Aussie speed guns award..... Tait is a good fast bowler capable of bowling between 145 to 150 kph.... Zak is bowling at 144-145kph, though intermittently.... Malinga bowls as fast, if not faster.... Taylor can crank it up there, though he was holding bak in the one-dayers.... Bond is steadily there..... so is Lee.... unfortunately no-one from Pak is there now.... Shoaib used to be there.... Mcgrath is clocked at 125-128 kph in subcontinent and at 135kph in australia.... so is everyone there....

i am not talking about past performances..... at the moment' date=' i have not seen Sami clock those speeds..... and Shoaib mus play without drugs currently to qualify....[/quote'] I am talking about the recent series against SA where M Sami clocked one at 152 KPH and bowled numerous balls over 144(90mph)