Sign in to follow this  
kumar713

ATP World Tour 2019

Djokovic seems to be tanking. Afraid of facing the stanimal!

EDIT: Spoke too soon! Anyway Djokovic vs Stanimal would be a good one, especially at the AO. Djokovic far from invincible, rusty in patches.

Edited by I6MTW

On 1/4/2019 at 9:31 PM, Cricketics said:

Lets keep this thread active its going to be exciting year of tennis. So many new young funs. I am excited tos ee how Tsitsipas does this year. 

Also the special name for this season would be - Alex De Minaur

Alex De Minaur  :nice: But still raw.

Agut beats Stan, Djoker, and berdych to win a 250 title. One of the most impressive 250 wins in recent years. Agut starting to become a nightmare match up for Djokovic in recent years.

Clay Season has started! 

Favourites? Obv Nadal

But atleast this season seems to be the most competitive in recent years. Djokovic motivated, youngsters rising, hoping to see some breakthroughs.

Hopefully federer might find some form this clay season. I expect it to be his swan song!

And, Fognini becomes the First player to tame the Spanish bull! What a performance under windy conditions, Nadal wasn't great today, but full credit to the Fog. He almost delivered a bagel if not for the minor choke.

Clay season seems to be interesting again! 

Rafa still the favourite for RG. Might grap one or two clay titles this season if his form picks up, but finally age is catching up to him. Shows he is not invincible on Clay.

David Ferrer ends his career officially. Played his last match at Madrid. One of the most hard-working players, who made the best out of his abilities. Was a tenacious fighter throughout. Maintained such a physical level along with impressive levels of consistency, even in his 30s. 

15 hours ago, I6MTW said:

David Ferrer ends his career officially. Played his last match at Madrid. One of the most hard-working players, who made the best out of his abilities. Was a tenacious fighter throughout. Maintained such a physical level along with impressive levels of consistency, even in his 30s. 

Indeed the most hard working guy who kept trying for the glory. I loved his speech in the end. Translation is available everywhere.

Lot of parents would want their kids to be like Ferrer who tries every time.

Indeed that is what you need in life, at least try before you call it quits. Ferrer embodied that and manifested that. The tour will miss him, but surely the players won't wanna see another Ferrer as they know they guy was really hard to beat. 

What a player. Ferrer. HATS OFF. 

Federer loses to Thiem in Madrid. After having match points, though this time he really didn't do much wrong. Thiem was just starting to raise his level. Federer do well to almost won against the best Clay courter this year, and second best in recent years. 

He should play Rome, the draw is easy for him until the SF. Once last chance to go for that elusive title , highly unlikely but if the draw opens up, he has a chance. He still needs to improve his ROS and baseline game to stand a chance. 

20 hours ago, kumar713 said:

Djokodal in another couple of hours.

Don't think djoker has anything left to pull this one. Awful scheduling :facepalm:

Rome always has the worst scheduling. For such a prestigious tournament it's sad. Tournament has been lackluster. A couple of nice matches here and there, but scheduling spoiled a tournament which could've had great lineups  QF onwards. Instead we had players who were fatigued and tired from playing two matches in a day, who either withdrew or bent over.

What do you guys think of Medvedev's run and consistency this summer . On a winning streak. Just made 6 consecutive finals. Back to back tournament wins without dropping a set. Two masters wins this year. Clearly the leader of the Next Gen. His game may be unorthodox/unappealing to some but his personality is something new. 

I do have a doubt if he's using substances. I feel he should be tested. I know they do random drug tests, so he can't get away with that for a longer time. But still ,such sudden consistency and performance, is almost big-4 like.