Shubman Gill keen to make every post a winner

Switchblade

40 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

If that was the case, Agarwal and Vihari would never make a debut ...
Shami and Sharma would never continue

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

in the short term, IPL will be the single best platform to propel himself into international side. Over the coming 6 months- people will draw most definitive conclusions about him from how he plays in that tournament. 

6 minutes ago, GautiMaan said:

It will be a huge loss for India if he is not in the WC squad

Lets not jump the gun.  No way he can be selected for WC.

Let him play his first full season of Domestic & also all A matches till  Oct -Nov .

Expectation should be - he will play some 50 over matches in 2019 and possibly make it to Test team later .

He shoud  get prepared as much as possible with specific drills such as facing express deliveries from a reduced distance ,         

improve play against outswingers  etc. to ensure he is not caught off guard. 

By what i gather kid is just doing such things with focussed training.

He must have seen how Vihari was found out. 

So let him improve further more in another 6-8- months.  

Just now, prudent_kreeda said:

Let him play his first full season of Domestic & also all A matches till  Oct -Nov .

Expectation should be - he will play some 50 over matches in 2019 and possibly make it to Test team later .

He shoud  get prepared as much as possible with specific drills such as facing express deliveries from a reduced distance ,         

And do not expect the kid to set the world on fire when debuts . has played just 10 odd FC matches so far.

But no doubt about his ability & talent.

17 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

As i wrote 4 months back, he will be best batsman vs pace in tests after Virat in due course. Mark It.

He can easily replace Hanuma & Rohit right away.

If Virat dreams of away wins , he should discard proven test failures like Rohit and build a strong core team with likes of Gill ,Shaw . 

Honestly i am NOT CONCERNED about Indian batsmens ability to play pace. Its the spin and swing they have faltered in. See all the 7 tests India lost. None was related to pace. In Edgbaston and Lords it was swing. In Oval and Southampton it was spin. Same here in Perth and in South Africa the guy who beat us was Philander bowling at 131. My question is,can Gill handle spin coming out at no 5 with India chasing 220 for win and at 111/4 and win it after negating Moin Rasheed Lyon or even Santner Aijaz Maharaj bowling in the rough.. big players have failed mind you.. at the end of day thats the issue

37 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

I see your point but when I look at Gill's game,the comfort against pace,the shots against spin,I can't help but thinking how nicely he would slot into that no.4 slot in ODI's over other pretenders,and maybe just maybe he can be the X factor we need for the World Cup.

But perhaps it is better to take a long term view and allow him to develop.

7 minutes ago, GautiMaan said:

I see your point but when I look at Gill's game,the comfort against pace,the shots against spin,I can't help but thinking how nicely he would slot into that no.4 slot in ODI's over other pretenders,and maybe just maybe he can be the X factor we need for the World Cup.

But perhaps it is better to take a long term view and allow him to develop.

Take your point . He may be a notch better than couple of guys in that middle order . But is it very clear TM will not look at any one other than 20 they have already zeroed in.  Hence saying no chance of making it to WC.

35 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Honestly i am NOT CONCERNED about Indian batsmens ability to play pace. Its the spin and swing they have faltered in. See all the 7 tests India lost. None was related to pace. In Edgbaston and Lords it was swing. In Oval and Southampton it was spin. Same here in Perth and in South Africa the guy who beat us was Philander bowling at 131. My question is,can Gill handle spin coming out at no 5 with India chasing 220 for win and at 111/4 and win it after negating Moin Rasheed Lyon or even Santner Aijaz Maharaj bowling in the rough.. big players have failed mind you.. at the end of day thats the issue

If its not a green mamba , the first line of attack in SENA to indian bastmen is high pace short stuff esp newcomers.So for

newcomers this causes probelms like it happened to Vihari.  And that happens even now. Look at  dismissals of recent NZ

A  vs INd A matches . How Lockie is bouncing out  guys like Nair, . Even Virat had a horrible time at the start vs short stuff. 

You need to be prepared for that. 

Spin - seems to have improved the way he played Ashwin in Deodhar in Oct . Played him beautifully and also aggressively. Much better than what i saw his game in WC19 final and some A games . (got out in final to an offie) .

Though has no  obvious weakness , has to improve in certain areas:

1. struggles to rotate strike in one dayers. So may consume more balls in his initial matches .

2. Was not a power hitter. But recent matches show that seem to have been attended to.

3. Plays shots away from body like so may other youngsters like Mayank , Shaw.         

Swing -  This could be the issue as i have not seen him playing in swinging conditions. You need to selective of what shots to play and looking at some of shots played by throwing the bat at balls , he could land in trouble. This is a issue with almost all  of them may be due one day impact. 

Yes you are very right . Need to play county /leauge whatever in early part of summer. But thre is an issue for A team players , many times  they even have A tours during summer and when they tour abroad with A teams , mostly patta wickets are dished out. 

I think BCCI should think and do something about it as this is problem of almost all batsmen.

2 hours ago, GautiMaan said:

It will be a huge loss for India if he is not in the WC squad

Too early his time will come after WC

But for odis Agarwal is man next in lne.  He should be in odi squad as back up opner.  At least carnage in Vijay Hazare last year. I always said this guy hits big and clear ropes with ease, we saw that in last test

Agarwal at this stage is better batsman then Gill!

20 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

As i wrote 4 months back, he will be best batsman vs pace in tests after Virat in due course. Mark It.

He can easily replace Hanuma & Rohit right away.

If Virat dreams of away wins , he should discard proven test failures like Rohit and build a strong core team with likes of Gill ,Shaw . 

Another guy to watch out for the future is qamran iqbal though 17 but has incredible game awareness also looks mighty good batsmen.