Pandya v. Bhuvneshwar - the better choice of allrounder?

goose

Pandya vs. Bhuvneshwar - the better choice of allrounder?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Pandya vs. Bhuvneshwar - the better choice of allrounder?

This poll is closed to new votes

Bhuvi cannot play as all rounder he has to get in team with his bowling , his batting has evolved with exp which will happen with pandya also. 

In seaming condition , pandya can be very handy if given a new or comparitvely new ball . Bhuvi obv is a better bowler n survivor with bat but at the end batsman has to make most runs and thats what pandya can do better. Bhuvi can do max 50-60 most days but pandya can go 100+ with bat 

2 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Neither bhuvi nor Pandya is an all-rounder. Pandya is a utility player. Bhuvi is a bowler who can sometimes bat a bit. Sometimes a bit more but still no all-rounder. If I have to pick one in the team in Australia, I would pick Pandya since he has potential to pick wickets when there is some extra bounce since he doesn't trundler and his natural length is a bit short.

Agreed on a lot of things mentioned but I dont think shorter length bowling will be successful in Aus. Shami can bang it in short because he is quick and skids off the pitch and can bowl a heavy ball. Pandya can be carted around in the later spells where I would suspect him trundling.

12 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Bhuvi is good with new ball. Bhuvi's weakness is his 2nd spell and after. Pandya can still clock 135k in his 3rd or 4th spell. I mean he used to. I don't know about him now as he is returning after injury. Bhuvi has the tendency to lose speed as the game goes on. 

I have seen Bhuvi pick wicket in clusters in  3rd spells. 2 that come to mind are against WI and SA. Also has much more application with the bat.

If it was LOIs it’s not even a debate but Bhuvi is a much better “test” allrounder than Pandya. 

12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Bhuvi cannot play as all rounder he has to get in team with his bowling , his batting has evolved with exp which will happen with pandya also. 

sorry that's a minus? nobody can quite decide which skill gets Pandya into the side and so he's the allrounder?

10 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

In seaming condition , pandya can be very handy if given a new or comparitvely new ball . Bhuvi obv is a better bowler n survivor with bat but at the end batsman has to make most runs and thats what pandya can do better. Bhuvi can do max 50-60 most days but pandya can go 100+ with bat 

For the 100th time, there is nothing called a full time allrounder. Bhuvi is a bowler who can bat. A bowling allrounder.Pandya is neither. Don’t bring up that 93 again. That was clearly no different from Shami’s 50 in England.

21 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I love Bhuvi but he is nowhere near Cummins when it comes to bowling or batting. Good joke :laugh:

Bowling, I agree. But Cummins batting ability has been hugely exaggerated this week. If you look up the stats Bhuvi is slightly ahead of Cummins as a test batsman. 

To answer the OP, I would pick Pandya over Bhuvi because he has shown good form this year. He is also better suited to Virats in your face aggressive approach as opposed to BK who follows MSDs shy indian bride philosophy. 

Having said that, on the right pitch there is the option to play both of them. 

17 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Pandya can impact the game with his bat .... averages 60+ in good batting conditions 

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

For the 100th time, there is nothing called a full time allrounder. Bhuvi is a bowler who can bat. A bowling allrounder.Pandya is neither. Don’t bring up that 93 again. That was clearly no different from Shami’s 50 in England.

Agreeeeeed

10 minutes ago, maniac said:

I didnt call anyone full time all rounder, i knw where both stand currently 

Check out the pitch on which shami scored 50 and pandya scored 93, huge diff. Pandya aint a tailender slogger...if u feel go visit that innings agains...and ull discover he only started hitting once he started runnning out of partners 

11 minutes ago, goose said:

sorry that's a minus? nobody can quite decide which skill gets Pandya into the side and so he's the allrounder?

u hve to show more faith in him with bat , we are showing faith in rohit sharma since yrs .....lets do it with him and atleast he showed one thing in england - APPLICATION 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

why to drop ishant, he has been bowling well.....neither he has workload issues

has has done ok I agree...but this side needs to set its sights higher now. he's always going to the support act. the 3rd seamer has to occasionally be the main act. Ishant is not that bowler.