Hypothetical Thread - Could Ind have defeated Aus side with Warner and Smith ?

SK_IH

Could Ind have defeated Aus side with Warner and Smith ?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Could Ind have defeated Aus side with Warner and Smith ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Steve Smith would have scored 500+ runs alone

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Warner and Smith are as susceptible on pitches like these.

Lol comparing nobody's with Warner and Smith. You are just dismissing these with simple "on these pitches" as if every pitch was a minefield. I can still agree with you regarding Warner but surely no Smith , that guy is a freak irrespective of pitches.

Mind you even Warner was colossal last time Aus won in SA.

First they would have made pitch more batting friendly if they had smith and warner. Now they are relying on pitch more to get them win. Second all other supporting batsman like Marsh bros & Khawaja would have had not pressure to perform and be lead batsman in absence of steve smith & warner so they would have done surely better than they are doing now. If you remove Kohli & Pujara from our side then surely we might have players replacing them but our bowlers & batsman will feel pressure that we don't have someone reliable to score for us.

Our attack is our strength these days

I think we would have conquered Smith atlast here

Smith would have inspired many others to punch above their weights 

While i write this,now i think, that would have been super tough to win a series in their presense considering we narrowly win the first test,had Smith,Warner been there that could have gone either way

But SA did it last time ,why can't we

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Warner and Smith are as susceptible on pitches like these.

LoL Smith is a freak. He would have manhandled Ishant, Umesh, Shami, Ashwin and Jadeja. Don't know about Bumrah though.  One thing for sure winning would have been at least twice as difficult as now. Also note one of two wins was very close even without Smith.

4 hours ago, Pollack said:

LoL Smith is a freak. He would have manhandled Ishant, Umesh, Shami, Ashwin and Jadeja. Don't know about Bumrah though.  One thing for sure winning would have been at least twice as difficult as now. Also note one of two wins was very close even without Smith.

he's a freak in non seamer friendly conditions/against average pace attacks. With our new pace attack he wouldnt get it so easy. Tell me, which batsmen has had better of our pace attack this year? ABVD? eventually we got a hold of him too. 

26 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Bhuvi would have never played ahead of current 3 bowlers. Pandya hasn't don't anything big and shaw has just played 2 matches. Idk what are you talking about.

Bhuvi would have been effective in Perth (freemantle doctor notorious for assisting swing bowlers). He would have also elongated our tail. In Perth, Marcus Harris and Finch opening partnership was key to them winning match. If Bhuvi was there and fit, doubt they would have got away so easy. Australian conditions are perfect for Hardik's game, he has good list A record there and has shown he can do it in Cape Town. So Prithvi Shaw likely to be worse than KLR of M Vijay? 

What if Shaw was fit  ?

One of the biggest issues we have had in Australia is opener woes.  

If Shaw was there, this could have been totally different.

And I don't think Warner would have done well on the slow pitches in Adelaide or Melbourne or with the ball moving in Perth.  He flourishes on faster tracks with true bounce and little movement.

Moreover  Smith and Warner post Sandpaper scam and ban,  may not be the same batsmen for quite some time.