Don’t select Pandya for the 4th test in Sydney!

SecondSlip

On what basis should Pandya get picked? He is crap with both bat and ball. Nobody even knows if his batting or bowling is his stronger suit, just a bits and pieces cricketer who is a “na idhar na udhar” type of player. 

The guy is as bad as Mitchell Marsh and Australia are going to drop him for this test. Why should we include his Indian clone? If Pandya is picked, it will be just as bad as picking Umesh for Perth. 

This is a golden chance to win our first ever test series in Australia. I really hope the team management don’t screw this up. 

8 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Kuldeep & Kumar - my picks in place of the 2 Sharmas, Kumar also provides us control with the ball which can be handy should we have to bowl first.

What control is ishant lacking...he has been really good . Bhuvi is currently lacking rhythm in first place and no way he can be a better bowler then ishant in aus conditions

Kuldeep has control???? ......did u not watch him bowl in england.....bowling full tosses after full tosses

Did you not watch the other 5 or 6 tests he has bowled in? Lord's was a big mistake from Kohli, bigger than the Perth selection. Everyone including the heavens were screaming that we needed more pacers there - but no Kohli knows better. He also, alongside Swann, admitted that the extra lacquer & pronounced seam of Dukes made it hard for him to grip the ball. He should have no trouble with the Kookabura.

Kumar for his batting mainly, Sharma was either less than 100% this test or really fatigued. Would you rather him sit out midway like at the Oval, leaving our 4 man bowling attack knackered?

15 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Did you not watch the other 5 or 6 tests he has bowled in? Lord's was a big mistake from Kohli, bigger than the Perth selection. Everyone including the heavens were screaming that we needed more pacers there - but no Kohli knows better. He also, alongside Swann, admitted that the extra lacquer & pronounced seam of Dukes made it hard for him to grip the ball. He should have no trouble with the Kookabura.

Kumar for his batting mainly, Sharma was either less than 100% this test or really fatigued. Would you rather him sit out midway like at the Oval, leaving our 4 man bowling attack knackered?

Do you see kumar lasting a test ,dont mix pitches in Aus with that in Eng

What wrong Ishant did?

Do you see Kumar breathing fire in Sydney?

Kumar is a void in hard bouncy pitches of Aus,if he has to replace Ishant he has to take wickets not just contain,which Ishant is doing splendidly (Though i dont like him much)but hasn't done that bad that you replace him with a guy who has dodgy fitness and could trundle around 110-120s after his first spell

9 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Do you see kumar lasting a test ,dont mix pitches in Aus with that in Eng

What wrong Ishant did?

Do you see Kumar breathing fire in Sydney?

Kumar is a void in hard bouncy pitches of Aus,if he has to replace Ishant he has to take wickets not just contain,which Ishant is doing splendidly (Though i dont like him much)but hasn't done that bad that you replace him with a guy who has dodgy fitness and could trundle around 110-120s after his first spell

I'm assuming everyone in the squad is match fit, otherwise there's no need for them to be there.

Neither is Ishant, I'm yet to see a match winning spell from him in the last year - be it SA/England or Aus.

Have you seen Ishant's avg in Aus & don't bring up his SA, Eng tour last year! Of course he has to, remind us what's Ishant's number with the new ball here down under or overall? Now if you're gonna use the (flat) pitches excuse, the same case can be made for Kumar. If you're using this series numbers then why does Kumar not stand a chance given he's by far our most consistent new ball bowler?

Yeah & the guy you're talking about sat for a full day at the Oval leaving the rest of the bowlers picking up his load!

Edited by R!TTER
15 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

I'm assuming everyone in the squad is match fit, otherwise there's no need for them to be there.

Neither is Ishant, I'm yet to see a match winning spell from him in the last year - be it SA/England or Aus.

Have you seen Ishant's avg in Aus & don't bring up his SA, Eng tour last year! Of course he has to, remind us what's Ishant's number with the new ball here down under or overall? Now if you're gonna use the (flat) pitches excuse, the same case can be made for Kumar. If you're using this series numbers then why does Kumar not stand a chance given he's by far our most consistent new ball bowler?

Yeah & the guy you're talking about sat for a full day at the Oval leaving the rest of the bowlers picking up his load!

Ok so you rest your hope on a rampaging Kumar,who neither can extract bounce nor can retain pace

But you conveniently ignore his (Ishant)performances offlate,with his pace and bounce he will always ask questions but kumar an acting pacer cannot,plz don't bring his name rather

Edited by Suhaan
2 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Ok so you rest your hope on a rampaging Kumar,who neither can extract bounce nor can retain pace

But you conveniently ignore his (Ishant)performances offlate,with his pace and bounce he will always ask questions but kumar an acting pacer cannot,plz don't bring his name rather

I'm expecting him to do what he usually does with the new ball, he's still our best new ball bowler & if the pitch is flat Ishant is no Marshall.

That guy is the luckiest player to play 90 tests - he has one good spell to Ponting, one at Lord's 2014 & one in NZ, he's been riding on the same coattail for well over a decade! His batting has also gone down, so please keep the name of Ishant "Marshall" Sharma in your record books - he's no one great who'll not be missed when he retires.

52 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Pitch made him bowl fulltosses and half trackers

7 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

I'm expecting him to do what he usually does with the new ball, he's still our best new ball bowler & if the pitch is flat Ishant is no Marshall.

That guy is the luckiest player to play 90 tests - he has one good spell to Ponting, one at Lord's 2014 & one in NZ, he's been riding on the same coattail for well over a decade! His batting has also gone down, so please keep the name of Ishant "Marshall" Sharma in your record books - he's no one great who'll not be missed when he retires.

Ishant is averaging 21 this year. No one does that wickets ever. This is the most successful pace trio ever in test cricket.

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Ishant is averaging 21 this year. No one does that wickets ever. This is the most successful pace trio ever in test cricket.

You must've missed the tiny little stat that this is the best year for pacers in 60 years? No, I guess you need to read more stats then.

Also what's avg of Philander, Rabada, Ngidi, Anderson, Stokes in S.E.N.A this past year?

6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Pitch made him bowl fulltosses and half trackers

Wow so based on one innings, on a cold damp day with no runs to defend you wanna discard Kuldeep but Pandya plays, even though he flops in 3 or 4 innings out of 5? Yeah I see where this is headed.

Edited by R!TTER
19 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

So on a flat dead pitch you assume Kumar running through sides

Does he carry a magic wand with him?coz no one sees him succeeding on a flat pitch with his style of bowling only if he had some kind of  magic he would have ..

Ishant has played so many tests ,he hasn't been dropped for his mediocrity..ok true

But do you drop a guy who has started bowling good for the crap.he bowled in the past,?do you?

Had you advocated his inclusion for Umesh,i would rather have agreed,but this one is pure nonsense coming from you