Kagiso Rabada names the best bowling attack in the world

https://www.crictracker.com/kagiso-rabada-names-the-best-bowling-attack-in-the-world/

Last year was a tribute to the bowlers in Test cricket as a maximum number of matches ended with a result. The most surprising and satisfying aspect of the year was the Indian pacers doing well in every tour. The pace trioka of Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami and Jasprit Bumrah knocked over the opposition in almost every game and have wreaked havoc in Australia so far.

lg.php?bannerid=0&campaignid=0&zoneid=41

Matching them, rather better than them at the moment, is South Africa’s pace attack led by Kagiso Rabada. There is no respite for the opposition even when their top bowlers are injured as it is in the ongoing Test series against Pakistan. Despite the fact that Lungi Ngidi and Vernon Philander are not in the team at the moment due to injury concerns, the visitors were skittled under 200 in both the innings.

They are good, we are the best

Ahead of the second Test against Pakistan, Kagiso Rabada was asked about the Indian pace trioka being the best in the world in the longest format of the game. He was of the opinion that whenever South Africa play, they believe that they are the best in the world while also termed the Indian pace attack as ‘good’.

“People have their opinion. Obviously, when we play, we believe that we are the best attack. They (Indians) are a good attack. We experienced when they came down to South Africa. But when we play against them we will believe that we are the best. We believe that we can knock any line-up over definitely,” he said during the pre-match press conference.

While one can fault Rabada for his comments it will be wrong to compare two bowling attacks as the bowlers of both India and South Africa possess completely different qualities.

We will see when they tour india. Mark my prediction again @Switchblade, Rabada will be ineffective in India! They are hyped, keep playing in bowling friendly conditions. Indian attack IS better.

I, for one, do not rate Rabada as good as others claim him to be. He is good, but not as good as he is made out to be. I will stretch and go on to say that his performance will dip in say 1-2 yrs. Mark my words.

Edited by Rightarmfast
13 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

We will see when they tour india. Mark my prediction again @Switchblade, Rabada will be ineffective in India! They are hyped, keep playing in bowling friendly conditions. Indian attack IS better.

I, for one, do not rate Rabada as good as others claim him to be. He is good, but not as good as he is made out to be. I will stretch and go on to say that his performance will dip in say 1-2 yrs. Mark my words.

On the contrary, I believe he has potential to be the best fast bowler EVER. He's that good. He will only go up from here. 

He is right, before jumping on the patriotic bandwagon just have a look at this attack - Rabada, Steyn, Philander, Ngidi, Morkel, Maharaj. This is what they fielded last year, sure Bumrah's numbers stack well wrt Rabada & yet the other two (Indian pacers) aren't near the rest from the SA pack, even after taking into account Jadeja>Maharaj.

A half fit Steyn & Philander ran India close at Mohali, Jadeja won us that game. Had those 2 been fit & played, that series could've turned out very different. Steyn isn't someone you write off in India ever, just as SA were lucky with the tosses this year we were equally lucky back in 2015. Kohli flopped throughout that series & it took Jadeja, Ashwin & lastly Rahane to win us that series 3-nil. SA pacers have always done well in India, as you said though their batting will not put up enough respectable totals for the bowlers to defend. Elsewhere in Asia we'll see how other teams fare as even they are going through more transition now.

6 hours ago, R!TTER said:

He is right, before jumping on the patriotic bandwagon just have a look at this attack - Rabada, Steyn, Philander, Ngidi, Morkel, Maharaj. This is what they fielded last year, sure Bumrah's numbers stack well wrt Rabada & yet the other two (Indian pacers) aren't near the rest from the SA pack, even after taking into account Jadeja>Maharaj.

We demolish any opposition on spinning track.

We match the opposition on their home turf with our pace attack.

If this is not the sign that we are best bowling attack then what else it is?

With current crop, We have matched even Clouderson and Co in every game but one on their home turf. IMHO, we have even better attack then what our Coach and Captain regularly field.

Edited by mishra

South Africa does have the best bowling attack. Lets not confuse with us having the best in form fast bowler in Bumrah and calling it the best bowling attack doesn’t make sense. Our attack is still inconsistent and not everyone is as good as Bumrah who is pushing this attack to do great. Meanwhile in South Africa, their bowling attack is doing well even with fading Steyn showing glimpses at times of his old days and having backups like Ngidi.

Lets stay humble. They are better. 

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

South Africa does have the best bowling attack. Lets not confuse with us having the best in form fast bowler in Bumrah and calling it the best bowling attack doesn’t make sense. Our attack is still inconsistent and not everyone is as good as Bumrah who is pushing this attack to do great. Meanwhile in South Africa, their bowling attack is doing well even with fading Steyn showing glimpses at times of his old days and having backups like Ngidi.

but SA, especially the newbies, have not played enough abroad. likes of ngidi, oliver and even rabada to some extent are unproven across different conditions. I think the toss-up for best attack is between SA, Ind and Aus - none are "perfect" and have bowlers who have yet to play in SC.

2 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Most SA bowlers do well in South Africa. It's like Indian spinners doing well in India.

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Most SA bowlers do well in South Africa. It's like Indian spinners doing well in India.

We are talking about only pace attack.

They are still better than our attack. They have better backups than us since they have played.

Our backups have not been given chance. So just because their backups have had experience, I would rate them higher than us.

It’s a no brainer actually. They lost one of their best bowlers- Morkel, yet they look strong with Philander coming back and Rabada and Steyn. Olivier looks decent and Nigidi is injured.

I rate this bowling higher at least for now.