Kagiso Rabada names the best bowling attack in the world

8 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

We are talking about only pace attack.

They are still better than our attack. They have better backups than us since they have played.

Our backups have not been given chance. So just because their backups have had experience, I would rate them higher than us.

It’s a no brainer actually. They lost one of their best bowlers- Morkel, yet they look strong with Philander coming back and Rabada and Steyn. Olivier looks decent and Nigidi is injured.

I rate this bowling higher at least for now.

But Steyn isn't the same bowler anymore. 

How well the SA pacers do in Asia will define their quality.   

Steyn is a bona fide great because he has done really well both out of Asia and in Asia.  Philander has not done well in Asia. Morkel has been average.  Rabada was poor in India on the last tour.

If Asian batsmen and bowlers are not considered top class if they can't perform out of Asia then why won't we have the same rule for non-Asian cricketers  ?   They have to perform in Asia to become great cricketers.

This Indian pace attack has been taking wickets in EVERY country they have played in ,  in the last 4 years.  The SA pace attack maybe slightly better than us in SA and Australia.  I will rate our current pace attack as a better overall and all-condition attack.

Edited by express bowling
We are talking about only pace attack.

They are still better than our attack. They have better backups than us since they have played.

Our backups have not been given chance. So just because their backups have had experience, I would rate them higher than us.

It’s a no brainer actually. They lost one of their best bowlers- Morkel, yet they look strong with Philander coming back and Rabada and Steyn. Olivier looks decent and Nigidi is injured.

I rate this bowling higher at least for now.

We matched them in SA.They are fading Steyn is done,Morkel retired.Rabada is as good as Bumrah .Still With likes of B.k Benched India Is as good as Sa Pace Attack and when it comes to spin there is no Match.India Has the best attack in world there is no debate.
6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Current ishant is as good as any. Averaging 21 in last one year.

Fact is this is one series where we have done well. 

I am not going to go gaga about our bowlimg until they are consistent as Bumrah is making our attack look better than what it is.

We have world class bowler in Shami but he isn’t as fit as some of the other bowlers. Every bowler gets injured but Shami is a bigger concern always. So since we keep recycling Ishant, who is bowling well currently, I can’t call our attack best as we haven’t tried our bench strength. So when the bench strength is tried and test, then may be we can gloat about being the best

Until then, we need to calm down and appreciate our bowlers performance this series amd thats about it. Lets not go gaga over them being better than any other.

Bumrah is the only one whom we can claim is perhaps one of the best in the world, but not others.

Time will tell. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Fact is thisnis one series where we habe done well. 

I am not going to go gaga aboutnour bowlimg until they are consistent as we Bumrah is making our attack look better than what it is.

We have world class bowler in Shami but he isn’t as fit as some of the other bowlers. Every bowler gets injured but Shami is a bigger concern always. So since we keep recycling Ishant, who is bowling well currently, I can’t call our attack best as we haven’t tried our bench strength. So when the bench strength is tried and test, then may be we can gloat about being the best

Until then, we need to calm down and appreciate our bowlers performance this series amd thats about it. Lets not go gaga over them being better than any other.

Bumrah is the only one whom we can claim is perhaps one of the best in the world, but not others.

Time will tell. 

They did well in SA and England as well thouy could have done better.

5 minutes ago, CG said:
16 minutes ago, Cricketics said:
Who cares, he is still better than Ishant.

Lol No Pak Hammered Him at 6 on a green track.

Which is fine. They are srill a comsistent bowling unit for a while. Lets see. Too early to gloat abour our bowling attack.

Most people did not even want Shami in our bowling attack due to his injuries and also Ishant for obvious reason. Now all of a sudden them doing decent here in one series doesn’t make us the best attack.

We need to calm down and appreciate their performance in this series and thats it. They are not the best yet.

Just now, rkt.india said:

They did well in SA and England as well thouy could have done better.

If this attack was that great then you would not be asking for Shami to be dropped before the series like uou or manyd did.

He has done well after but thats it. He is good enough for me in India team but fact remains that 4 games ago, people were pissed offese same guys - Ishant and Shami. So now they have done well doesn’t make them best in the world.

They did well and we should be proud of them. Peoud of them doesn’t mean callt them best after one series.

That is our poor desi mentality of hypong things all the time.

Lets just wait and stay calm instead od hyping them. Same guys will ask to drop Shami and ishant again soon - Watch. 

Which is fine. They are srill a comsistent bowling unit for a while. Lets see. Too early to gloat abour our bowling attack.

Most people did not even want Shami in our bowling attack due to his injuries and also Ishant for obvious reason. Now all of a sudden them doing decent here in one series doesn’t make us the best attack.

We need to calm down and appreciate their performance in this series and thats it. They are not the best yet.

We are the no 1 team for a while and we have the best bowling attack.Sa,aus are all close second.There is no Debate.
Just now, mishra said:

We demolish any opposition on spinning track.

We match the opposition on their home turf with our pace attack.

If this is not the sign that we are best bowling attack then what else it is?

With current crop, We have matched even Clouderson and Co in every game but one on their home turf. IMHO, we have even better attack then what our Coach and Captain regularly field.

We don't, stop over exaggerating this "phenomenon" - we got owned by a no name player SoK & got taken for a ride at Pune, how many tests have we won chasing on rank turners this decade? Only one or two that I can remember.

It's because of the sporting tracks that we can compete better abroad, again stop exaggerating. Shami isn't the second coming of Holding nor is Ishant in the same half as Joel Garner.

How about you look at the performance of India on flat tracks? If you;re gonna rave about performing great on lively pitches then Pak nearly match us, England beat us on swinging tracks & SA beat us on pacy decks.

No we haven't, you clearly overestimate this bunch. With BK playing one could argue we'd beat them, but he didn't play so we'll never know.

In Asia we are the best, overall it's still SA as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by R!TTER
6 minutes ago, CG said:
11 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

We are the no 1 team for a while and we have the best bowling attack.Sa,aus are all close second.There is no Debate.

I am talking mainly of

pace attack. Our pace attack isn’t consistent.

Too early to judge. Lets not bring spinners into it.

We did well in this series, just like South Africs did in Aus when they won in Australia.

Thats it.

I am talking mainly of

We did well in this series, just like South Africs did in Aus when they won in Australia.

Thats it.

What do you mean by consistent.We Just Broke the record for highest wicket by a pace attack in a year.We Have been consistent for last 3 years.After 2015 We Have second best avg by a pace attack.
12 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Fact is this is one series where we have done well. 

I am not going to go gaga about our bowlimg until they are consistent as Bumrah is making our attack look better than what it is.

True.   But the current SA attack will not look great outside SA if Rabada is not playing.  

We have world class bowler in Shami but he isn’t as fit as some of the other bowlers. Every bowler gets injured but Shami is a bigger concern always.

Ironically ...  Shami is the one of very few frontline fast bowlers in the World to play 12 tests in 2018 and almost always bowl at full pace.  Most others missed a lot of tests due to injury ... be it Rabada, Steyn, Philander, Ngidi, Starc, Hazlewood, Cummins, Abbas etc.

Sometimes,   appearances are deceptive.

So since we keep recycling Ishant, who is bowling well currently, I can’t call our attack best as we haven’t tried our bench strength. So when the bench strength is tried and test, then may be we can gloat about being the best

Fair enough.  I agree.  But this applies to Australia, Pakistan, SA, NZ  too.

Time will tell. 

Indian pace bowling needs a bit of marketing to encourage the new pacers coming through the ranks and instill belief.   

Just now, CG said:
Just now, Cricketics said:
I am talking mainly of

Thats it.

What do you mean by consistent.We Just Broke the record for highest wicket by a pace attack in a year.We Have been consistent for last 3 years.After 2015 We Have second best avg by a pace attack.

Away from home, that too by 3 pacers! How many times does this have to be repeated? The WR is still with the WI in 1980 IIRC, if you want all pacers then no one touches them since all 4 of Garner, Croft, Holding, Marshall played that year.

1 minute ago, CG said:
4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:
I am talking mainly of

Thats it.

Our attack doesn’t feature same bowlers consistently and most bowlers playing today- people want them out. Read about Shami and Ishant, half of India don’t even like them and hated them 4 test matches ago.

We did wel at home with Umesh who is hated big time for test matches.

We habe done well in different situations but we can’t gloat about being the best all the time in a short span.

Lets wait for another year or two and check our bench strength and id our younger bowlers when given chance when Bumrah isn’t playing and do well, then we are number 1.

South Africa won in Australia without Steyn who jnjured in first session in first test. Their other bowlers Morkel and Philander did the job along with other bowlers.

We need to see if our younger bowlers down the line have such steam. And that can only happen once they are tried.

So lets wait and if you wanna feel happy and if that gives you a better sleep, then fine.

I love fast bowling but I don’t like these fake praise. We are good, and have been good recently but I don’t feel like calling our attack the best. I mean they migh be, but its not worth mentioning for now.

You can me’tion such stuff for may be Bumrah may be, thats it