Pant 2 , MSD 0 - num of test centuries outside Asia

fineleg

2 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

There would be 20 odd legends then...maybe more.

Not from India. Not even in the world. how many wk have 300 plus dismissals in test cricket, played 90 tests average close to 40  in test cricket? Dhoni is only second to Gilchrist in this aspect. how many wicket keepers have 300 dismissal behind the stumps and average of 38 with the bat? 

Just now, test fan said:

Dhoni was rubbish test cricketer.now he more rubbish in LOI he not have any shame to called a day ourself Before throw out .I bet india will lose 2-3 odi in NZ ,Australia  bcz of Dhoni.

yeah guy with 300 plus dismissals as a wk-keeper and average 38 with the bat was rubbish.  He had his strengths and weaknesses but he was in no way rubbish.

17 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Lets compare run/tons outside asia between msd and srt :phehe:

And compare in Asia as well loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

we are comparing sachin with dhoni .. i might still rate dhoni higher than sachin in tests though , but you might not agree with me :phehe: 

most overated player .. no doubts KT , it has to be T in KT :phehe: 

4 hours ago, sensible-indian said:

Dhoni was good in England. Even in 2014 tour. 

Missed out on a century because no one stuck with him. 

One innings

MSD has been a test cricketer because of his captaincy and the lack of competition for the keeper role.

Now he's past it in all formats, fortunately he's inspired a whole generation of young keepers, so we have that to look forward to

3 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

And people call dhoni legend

Not even i same bracket as a gambhir, below zaheer khans and bhajis as well

Must be the most over hyped player in cricket history

I hate him for holding on to the ODI position esp when he in his prime proactively pushed legends to retire....

Having said that, he is legend in one day set-up.....

Some times stats doesn't tell the entire story

I still remember those days when India used to struggle to chase 50 to 60 odd runs in 10 overs with 4 to 5 wickets in hand...he has changed that completely.....

He is the first Indian players who emphasized on running between the wickets. 

Most of the times, India used to loose chasing and he has changed that...

I still believe that he is the best batsmen while chasing after Micheal Bevan. 

A perfect street smart cricketer who handed numerous wins for india esp while chasing...

But i want him out of the team ASAP as he has well past his prime probably 5 years back....

Shamelessly holding onto a position from last 5 years

1 hour ago, Sachinism said:

One innings

MSD has been a test cricketer because of his captaincy and the lack of competition for the keeper role.

Now he's past it in all formats, fortunately he's inspired a whole generation of young keepers, so we have that to look forward to

He became too big a star and our selectors never dared to look beyond the Parthiv-DK duo. 

Even A tours never had any keeper other than these two. CM Gautam of Karnataka Uday Kaul of Punjab, Naman Ojha of MP, Saha himself - not considered good enough from 2011 onwards by when Dhoni had started to fade away from Tests

59 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

He became too big a star and our selectors never dared to look beyond the Parthiv-DK duo. 

Even A tours never had any keeper other than these two. CM Gautam of Karnataka Uday Kaul of Punjab, Naman Ojha of MP, Saha himself - not considered good enough from 2011 onwards by when Dhoni had started to fade away from Tests

Imagine being an Indian selector who for years have to scrape the bottom of barrell for the likes of Ratra, then Dhoni comes along, blasts all bowlers and can keep. There is no looking back, let alone left or right.

As much as we love to hate on Dhoni, he's better than all those keepers.

3 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Imagine being an Indian selector who for years have to scrape the bottom of barrell for the likes of Ratra, then Dhoni comes along, blasts all bowlers and can keep. There is no looking back, let alone left or right.

As much as we love to hate on Dhoni, he's better than all those keepers.

One of the selector did have balls to question Dhoni's place, but then the higher powers intervened...

Funny thing is even Ratra has a test hundred in WI. Nonetheless in his time Dhoni was the best we had.

The issue however is his blind fans dismissing Pant and every young keeper, calling him cowlasher and hack. Then telling us there will never be another like him amd we will miss him forever. lmao :hysterical:

Pant has zipped them up nicely. He is making Dhoni look worse than what Ratra was to Dhoni.

This comparison is unfair but then again Dhoni's fanboys should stop nitpicking on Pant whenever Pant does bad comparing him with Dhoni

Today the shameless Cricbuzz commies were saying that We need better replacement for Dhoni in ODIs as Pant isnt taking customary catches,too..I mean,How shameless someone can be??We arent asking them to worship him as he scored 150 but then please be reasonable.

Pant ne Dhoni ki pant utaardi.

Ist tour to Aus, scores 350 runs, that's more than Dhoni could score in 3 tours. 

"That restraint has served Pant well. He now has 350 runs in this series - which is more than Virat Kohli's tally. It is more than MS Dhoni's tally combining all three of his tours to Australia."

:vroam:

Edited by coffee_rules