fineleg

Pant 2 , MSD 0 - num of test centuries outside Asia

Pant age 21
Pant 2 , MSD 0 - num of test centuries outside Asia

Pant is only 2nd visiting wk to score a Test 100 both in Eng and Austr.
Only other first one is Dujon, no one else.
Burnol moment for all the MSD blind fans..

Infact, I was a big fan of MSD at one point of time....but it's disgraceful to see him latching on to the team with almost zero value addition from last 5 years...esp when you know that he is blocking the place of some exciting talent

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

This MSD was a very very lucky guy to have been at the right place at the right time. 

Outside Asia,  even Bhuvi looked a better batsman than Dhoni. 

Remember his batting on the England tour of 2011 and Australian tours that followed , looked like a complete tailender with the bat. 

2 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

This MSD was a very very lucky guy to have been at the right place at the right time. 

Outside Asia,  even Bhuvi looked a better batsman than Dhoni. 

Remember his batting on the England tour of 2011 and Australian tours that followed , looked like a complete tailender with the bat. 

Actually, he batted well in England 2011. Australia was his bogey country.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Actually, he batted well in England 2011. Australia was his bogey country.

yes, eng was pretty good (esp 2011) for dhoni, and the same goes for NZ and Pak. but he was bad in oz, bad in SA, and oddly bad in WI and SL as well.

1 hour ago, zen said:

Dhoni has retired from tests. And not competing with Pant in that format 

Unless MSD scores a ODI/T20 100 in Aus, NZ and later in Eng during WC, he will retire with ZERO 100s outside Asia across formats.

Pant, the ‘hack’ in his first year as international cricketer has scored 2.

2 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Unless MSD scores a ODI/T20 100 in Aus, NZ and later in Eng during WC, he will retire with ZERO 100s outside Asia across formats.

Dhoni focus is not on scoring 100s but taking the game to the last over :lol:

28 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

And people call dhoni legend

Not even i same bracket as a gambhir, below zaheer khans and bhajis as well

Must be the most over hyped player in cricket history

Dhoni is still a legend, no doubt. Emergence of Pant does not demean Dhoni at all.  Pant might become better than him one day but Dhoni will still be a legend.  Dhoni is the first WK/Bat from India who you could count as an alrounder and also inspired the future generations of WK/batsman in India to be more ambitious with the bat.  Dhoni's contribution is not just runs but the impact he made on future generations of Indian WK/batsmen.    

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Dhoni is still a legend, no doubt. Emergence of Pant does not demean Dhoni at all.  Pant might become better than him one day but Dhoni will still be a legend.  Dhoni is the first WK/Bat from India who you could count as an alrounder and also inspired the future generations of WK/batsman in India to be more ambitious with the bat.  Dhoni's contribution is not just runs but the impact he made on future generations of Indian WK/batsmen.    

His only thing was first decent keeper who could bat

But he did piooner jack.  Kepper/bats norm all over world now and we woud have been same.  Bang average test player, Yuvraj was better test bat and that says it all!  Good odi player but for me need to do in tests if want to be legend

ps Pant alrwady is better then him.  Dhoni could never score tons overseas like pant already done

16 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

His only thing was first decent keeper who could bat

But he did piooner jack.  Kepper/bats norm all over world now and we woud have been same.  Bang average test player, Yuvraj was better test bat and that says it all!  Good odi player but for me need to do in tests if want to be legend

ps Pant alrwady is better then him.  Dhoni could never score tons overseas like pant already done

How keeper/bats are norm all over the world now.  Australia are still struggling to produce a half decent wicket keeper/bat even 10 years after Gilchrist retired. SA got their first real wk who could bat in De Kock and even he averages 36.  It is not easy being wk and still bat like a batsman in test cricket.  it is a thankless job of keeping 100 plus overs and then bat too. 100 overs means 600 deliveries, 600 squats.  There is a reason likes of Sanga and ABDV quit wicket keeping and only concentrated on their batting.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

How keeper/bats are norm all over the world now.  Australia are still struggling to produce a half decent wicket keeper/bat even 10 years after Gilchrist retired. SA got their first real wk who could bat in De Kock and even he averages 36.  It is not easy being wk and still bat like a batsman in test cricket.  it is a thankless job of keeping 100 plus overs and then bat too. 100 overs means 600 deliveries, 600 squats.  There is a reason likes of Sanga and ABDV quit wicket keeping and only concentrated on their batting.

Who knows Sheldon Jackson who averages 50 in FC and is keeper/bat in Ranji for last decade or so.  Maybe if given a go might have got a ton outside asia lol

Thats how low dhoni achievemnt in tests are.  Some guy in ranji I would have backed to better lol

1 minute ago, King Tendulkar said:

Who knows Sheldon Jackson who averages 50 in FC and is keeper/bat in Ranji for last decade or so.  Maybe if given a go might have got a ton outside asia lol

Thats how low dhoni achievemnt in tests are.  Some guy in ranji I would have backed to better lol

Sheldon Jackson does not keep.  He is a part-time wicket keeper like Rahul. and have you even even seen him bat? He is good again spin but very average against anyone bowling over 135.

6 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

havent we tried other ranji keepers

Parthiv n karthik pile on runs in ranji n both have gotten chances post dhoni retirement and what happened

Patel dropped so many catches in Sa, his WK basics are so bad

Karthik feet froze in england 

Saha has been playing since then 

Naman ojha....who had 1-2 good yrs and since then has bee avg

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

So he as zero tons outside asia in white ball cricket as well.  So easy to be called a legend these days

2 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

There would be 20 odd legends then...maybe more.

Not from India. Not even in the world. how many wk have 300 plus dismissals in test cricket, played 90 tests average close to 40  in test cricket? Dhoni is only second to Gilchrist in this aspect. how many wicket keepers have 300 dismissal behind the stumps and average of 38 with the bat? 

Just now, test fan said:

Dhoni was rubbish test cricketer.now he more rubbish in LOI he not have any shame to called a day ourself Before throw out .I bet india will lose 2-3 odi in NZ ,Australia  bcz of Dhoni.

yeah guy with 300 plus dismissals as a wk-keeper and average 38 with the bat was rubbish.  He had his strengths and weaknesses but he was in no way rubbish.

17 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Lets compare run/tons outside asia between msd and srt :phehe:

And compare in Asia as well loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

we are comparing sachin with dhoni .. i might still rate dhoni higher than sachin in tests though , but you might not agree with me :phehe: 

most overated player .. no doubts KT , it has to be T in KT :phehe: 

2 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Difficult to score a hundred in odis when he comes to bat in general 

4 hours ago, sensible-indian said:

Dhoni was good in England. Even in 2014 tour. 

Missed out on a century because no one stuck with him. 

One innings

MSD has been a test cricketer because of his captaincy and the lack of competition for the keeper role.

Now he's past it in all formats, fortunately he's inspired a whole generation of young keepers, so we have that to look forward to

3 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

And people call dhoni legend

Not even i same bracket as a gambhir, below zaheer khans and bhajis as well

Must be the most over hyped player in cricket history

I hate him for holding on to the ODI position esp when he in his prime proactively pushed legends to retire....

Having said that, he is legend in one day set-up.....

Some times stats doesn't tell the entire story

I still remember those days when India used to struggle to chase 50 to 60 odd runs in 10 overs with 4 to 5 wickets in hand...he has changed that completely.....

He is the first Indian players who emphasized on running between the wickets. 

Most of the times, India used to loose chasing and he has changed that...

I still believe that he is the best batsmen while chasing after Micheal Bevan. 

A perfect street smart cricketer who handed numerous wins for india esp while chasing...

But i want him out of the team ASAP as he has well past his prime probably 5 years back....

Shamelessly holding onto a position from last 5 years