Pant 1 - Tendulkar 0 : Number of series winning tons in Aus

1 minute ago, mancalledsting said:

sorry, Dhoni came in on dew infested Wankhede stadium with hard work already done by Kohli, SRT and Gambhir. SRT is an opening bat to Malinga- different to facing old ball with dew. Sehwag also got out to Malinga in that match- same Sehwag who bashed McGrath and Lee around all over Joburg in 2003 WC final. Only threat that match was Malinga with new ball- Thissara, Kulasekera and Murali/Randhiv (on dew) were just cannon fodder. MSD was just around to take the credit. Story of MSDs careers realy-l Selfless promotion ahead of man of the series Yuvraj who would have picked off the runs anyway. BTW, would India have even got to the final had it not been for SRTs contribution in groups, quarters and semis?

agree with gg and kohli part .. but sachin :phehe: 

1 hour ago, Dil Dil India said:

I have no idea when you joined this forum, but I have been here for YEARS. Prove your accusations if you have more guts than some of our chokers in WC finals.

Now, Dhoni may be the worst player ever - but at least he ensured that little Tendy's dream to finally win a WC for INDIA wouldn't go in vain when the Master Blaster choked again in a WC final. For that alone, Tendu would trade all his tons. 

Yes and if sachin had not played that innings in semis we would have got the same lota as we got in other world cups after 83. Let's not pretend you are not another cheap troll throwing a fit because there was a dhoni thread made today

Once again we have trolls infesting the forum and the troll mod helping drag the forum down. For a few days forum had calmed down with good discussions but once again it will be a troll fest with the troll mod helping drag this forum down

5 minutes ago, velu said:

like you got mixed up with  gg and the other player you like to hate :phehe: 

I think you're the one who's mixed up. Everyone knows we won the tourney because of SRT, Yuvi and Zak and final because of GG/Zak. One opportunistic self promotion by a free loader is of little significance- media can pump the guy all they like. 1930s media used to pump Adolf Hitler in Germany...but history remains true judge. And history will define Thala accordingly. 

1 minute ago, mancalledsting said:

I think you're the one who's mixed up. Everyone knows we won the tourney because of SRT, Yuvi and Zak and final because of GG/Zak. One opportunistic self promotion by a free loader is of little significance- media can pump the guy all they like. 1930s media used to pump Adolf Hitler in Germany...but history remains true judge. And history will define Thala accordingly. 

you have to read  my comment  again ..  to make it easier i will paste it again 

i would take getting MoM in WC finals than scoring a match losing 100 vs BD :p:

hope it clears your confusion..

2 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Yes- shows he's able to bat in trying circumstances- when colleagues all around him failing. Easy to perform well when rest of team is already killing it...e.g WC final 2011 after game set up for you on a plate

What happened in 2003 WC final then. Indian team had the best batting lineup. Sehwag, Ganguly, and even Dravid played a better innings than Sachin. He hit a four and out. If he had stayed with Sehwag, we had a chance. It shows he's a choker when it mattered the most. Lot of people are questioning Kohli's WC performance and regard Dhawan and Rohit as a clutch player. If that is so, why not question Sachin.

Say all you want about 2011 WC but it took a clutch innings from Dhoni to finish it. If it wasnt for Yuvi, Dhoni and Raina, India wouldn't have won the cup. Dhoni is an obviously inferior player to Sachin, but when it comes to pulling the trigger Dhoni is a better matchwinner. You will miss him when hes gone. One can only hope DK, Pant, and Pandya carry his legacy of finishing games. I cannot recall how many times we lost 50-50 matches before Dhoni. We were called always a bridesmaid never the bride for a while.

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

What happened in 2003 WC final then. Indian team had the best batting lineup. Sehwag, Ganguly, and even Dravid played a better innings than Sachin. He hit a four and out. If he had stayed with Sehwag, we had a chance. It shows he's a choker when it mattered the most. Lot of people are questioning Kohli's WC performance and regard Dhawan and Rohit as a clutch player. If that is so, why not question Sachin.

Say all you want about 2011 WC but it took a clutch innings from Dhoni to finish it. If it wasnt for Yuvi, Dhoni and Raina, India wouldn't have won the cup. Dhoni is an obviously inferior player to Sachin, but when it comes to pulling the trigger Dhoni is a better matchwinner. You will miss him when hes gone. One can only hope DK, Pant, and Pandya carry his legacy of finishing games. I cannot recall how many times we lost 50-50 matches before Dhoni. We were called always a bridesmaid never the bride for a while.

So Sachin vs Pak 2003 WC wasn't clutch, Sachin vs Pak 2011 in semi final wasn't clutch?

2 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

So Sachin vs Pak 2003 WC wasn't clutch, Sachin vs Pak 2011 in semi final wasn't clutch?

Sachin vs Pak 2003 was not a knockout match. We had already qualified by that stage. 2011 was an ugly innings by everyone. In terms of impact, that match was won because of Sehwag's blistering start, Raina and Harbhajan's clutch finish and all our bowlers contributing to the win. I will say the bowling won us the match 260 was a sh1t score. And btw sachin was dropped 5 times lol

3 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Sachin vs Pak 2003 was not a knockout match. We had already qualified by that stage. 2011 was an ugly innings by everyone. In terms of impact, that match was won because of Sehwag's blistering start, Raina and Harbhajan's clutch finish and all our bowlers contributing to the win. I will say the bowling won us the match 260 was a sh1t score. And btw sachin was dropped 5 times lol

But still those runs were crucial. Nobody asked greenbros to drop them. Sachin was struggling but intermittently timing very well also, a strange kind of innings.