Who was true batting MoM for India in 2011 WC final?

WC 2011 Final MoM  

51 members have voted

1. 1. WC 2011 Final MoM

• Gautam Gambhir
    • MS Dhoni

2 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

If dhoni wanted to be the hero, he would have prompted himself against wahab Riaz in the QF or against Australia when we truly needed someone before yuvi saw us through. There was no need for dhoni to promote himself in the final especially given how wankehde was a great place to chase and when just in the last two matches dhoni didn't do anything and yuvi saw us through in the QF and Raina scored those runs in the SF. So Dhoni played in one important match and his shameless chamchas want to show us how he's a big game player.

Should we also parade about his abilities in every other big game? How about the 2007 t20 final where he batted 6(10) in the death overs. How about the recent CT final against the Pakistani. What about the SF against Australia in 2015 where he put pressure on Rahane to score quick runs and after the match was out of hand, he scored a few fluke boundaries and his loser fans want to blame others for not supposedly giving him support. Apart from 2007 T20 SF and 2011 Final, dhoni has failed in every big game situation. Everyone of them.

this

All will be said and done and will be forever debated but no one would deny- Gambhir won two world cup finals for us.

Fking beast of a champion. Also the highest scorer when India won tri series in Australia  in 07/08.

He should have been picked in the middle order for the 2007 world cup too. He was going through crazy form and won Delhi Ranji trophy that season too. Too bad they picked him after the world cup when India got knocked out early. 

14 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Dhoni never faced Malinga in new ball spell. Murali was past prime.

Edit: Someone should find out how many balls dhoni faced of malinga and how many gambhir did.

Dhoni Faced total 13 balls of malinga. 1 in 27th over and all other 12 balls after 37th over when score was already 210+ (chasing 274)

image.png.66faddf31edfffb4428dd7b6dbdbaa68.png

Gambhir faced 20 balls of Malinga and most were during first spell.

FiKke2J.jpg

If ever there were a case for joint players of the match, it was that final.

But :yawn2:, that was eight years ago. Let's see how they do in this year's edition. I'm predicting they won't make the semis. My semi finalists are South Africa, Australia (yes, Australia - Smith and Warner will make a world of difference to that side), host nation England (best ODI side currently), and New Zealand.

18 minutes ago, Chalks said:

If ever there were a case for joint players of the match, it was that final.

But :yawn2:, that was eight years ago. Let's see how they do in this year's edition. I'm predicting they won't make the semis. My semi finalists are South Africa, Australia (yes, Australia - Smith and Warner will make a world of difference to that side), host nation England (best ODI side currently), and New Zealand.

SA without ABDV and fading Amla has little in the tank wrt batting. Addition of Smith does not count for too much - of the big 4 (Kane, Kohli, Root, Smith), he is the weakest player in short formats. Warner's addition will help, although I'm not sure about his form, mental frame of Oz camp, etc. I think NZ and Eng are most likely gonna be SFs. I expect to see at least 1 SC team make the cut, and maybe 1 of Aus/SA will be the fourth.